Check your account email address ×

How pissed would you be...

4 hours ago, Ziemann said:

@Crnr2Crnr The ZR6000 Roger Skime was by far the best trail sled that I have ever been on. Out of the crate, the calibration was spot on. I had a slight amount of over-rev, and that was taken care of simply by a sticky Ultimax XS belt. The ONLY mod I made was adding a set of Ski-Doo Pilot skis and a set of 6" Shaper bars. I didn't need anything more aggressive to get it to handle perfectly. Perfect balance, perfect ride, perfect weight transfer, perfect power, perfect reliability. The Roger Skime is the pinnacle of Cat and the Procross chassis. 

@Zambroski Great point on power versus the right rider. A Cat SnoPro 500 in the woods is untouchable in the right rider's hands. As you're well aware, my riding partner (Mac) is a retired Cat Factory racer. He rode my SP500 sled one day, and I rode his 800. There was no way I was ever going to catch him through the woods. Horsepower on a twistie trail is over rated.....

With that said.....I have had so many Procross sleds, that I REALLY wanted to try something different. Thus, the reason why I am in the situation that I am in with Polaris. 

RS :thumbsup: 

How many hp do you really need to crash into a tree at 11-49mph? 

it’s plenty to get you from tree-to-tree and corner to corner

the Sno Pro was quickest from 0-30 mph at 1.86 seconds, even quicker than Cat’s Z1 Turbo Sno Pro at 1.91 seconds. This just shows how quick it can be from corner to corner on the trails.

https://www.snowest.com/2014/07/2010-arctic-cat-sno-pro-500-long-term-test

I just chuckle when people razz me about riding a 500 'kids/womans' sled. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the Sno Pro was quickest from 0-30 mph at 1.86 seconds, even quicker than Cat’s Z1 Turbo Sno Pro at 1.91 seconds. This just shows how quick it can be from corner to corner on the trails.

I usually belly laugh pretty good when we end up waiting for the “big bores” at the first rest stop.  The best excuses happen then too.  I’m sure I’ve heard them all.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

From a fun factor perspective and ability to push it WFO for miles and miles, the SnoPro 500 was probably my second favorite sled. That sled just begged to be flogged....again and again.....

I'm getting fat and old..... My racing days are over, and I have turned in to a grandpa rider..... I am more than happy to now be THAT last sled in the group. @Zambroski I am more than happy to show up in the back of the group in my EZ Boy Recliner.....

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I prefer to hit the trees fast as possible 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Legend said:

Smooth is always faster. The guy thats untouchable on a 500 will be just as fast on the 800. 

Im not sayin Im that guy, cuz Im not. Im just sayin, smooth is fast. 

Kind of.  It's definitely a different style and different skill sets.  You have to be more conservative coming into the corners with big engines and it changes the whole experience.  Big bore stuff is fun too.  But for me it's more fun to not respect the machine and use all of it, not just the motor but you use more of the chassis because you're just riding the thing more aggressively instead of cautiously.  I seem to wait for my group just as long on my 50hp 440 as I do on my 900.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ziemann said:

I'm getting fat and old..... My racing days are over, and I have turned in to a grandpa rider..... I am more than happy to now be THAT last sled in the group. @Zambroski I am more than happy to show up in the back of the group in my EZ Boy Recliner.....

6 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Y’all are just too bad ass for me to ride with anyway so there’s that I guess. :news:

you can ride with @Ziemann @Bontz and the rest of the Polaris Proud People.  :lol:

• Haha 2

On 12/17/2021 at 11:06 AM, Zambroski said:

When I had a goosed up 800xrs and RR and still couldn’t fucking roll with him at times.  The longer we rode, the more tired I got trying to wrestle the sled out of corners trying not to use the HP I didn’t need.  Jumped on the 600…..and that was the ticket.  Rider fatigue is a killer and I’ve heard all the BS otherwise too.  Bottom line is, seat time provides the truth.

Fatigue because of power or weight?  In the Poo world the small and big bore sleds weigh the same.  Personally I'd rather be able to pinch it and have more fun regardless if it wears me out or slows me down.

On 12/18/2021 at 10:34 AM, Ziemann said:

@Zambroski Great point on power versus the right rider. A Cat SnoPro 500 in the woods is untouchable in the right rider's hands. As you're well aware, my riding partner (Mac) is a retired Cat Factory racer. He rode my SP500 sled one day, and I rode his 800. There was no way I was ever going to catch him through the woods. Horsepower on a twistie trail is over rated.....

I wait like hell for everyone I ride with, not sure why being faster in the twisties is a benefit.  In particular when I am slowed down by vision and not the trails....thanks to dipshits that run our trails.

23 hours ago, mnstang said:

But for me it's more fun to not respect the machine and use all of it, not just the motor but you use more of the chassis because you're just riding the thing more aggressively instead of cautiously.

This I completely agree with.  Fun to wring out whatever and that is hard to do on a big bore in our trails.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 4:39 PM, Zambroski said:

March.  I’m guessing the bad news will be delivered to many real soon.  I’d say fuck it if it were me….just pick up some beater on the cheap (if you can find it) to run through the winter or skip it altogether.

It is what it is.

Well Polaris is offering to give guys back thete cash . And if they do that they can buy the leftover stuff on the floor from last year that they jacked the prices up higher than the sled they snowcheckd . My guess they are praying guys say fuck you give me my money back 

19 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Well Polaris is offering to give guys back thete cash . And if they do that they can buy the leftover stuff on the floor from last year that they jacked the prices up higher than the sled they snowcheckd . My guess they are praying guys say fuck you give me my money back 

This is exactly why I'm willing to wait a while longer.  I have a good price waiting for me when my XCR comes in, which SHOULD be in the next few weeks.  I'm not willing to take my $500 back and pay through the nose for a '21 or, God forbid, the ridiculous prices being asked for a '22.  Anyone who's saying fuck it & taking their deposit back, I hope they either have a backup sled to get through this season -or - they just say the hell with it altogether and not trying to replace their snow check.  I'll sit out a season before I pay $8K for a 2016 model sled (or similar).

7 hours ago, Bontz said:

This is exactly why I'm willing to wait a while longer.  I have a good price waiting for me when my XCR comes in, which SHOULD be in the next few weeks.  I'm not willing to take my $500 back and pay through the nose for a '21 or, God forbid, the ridiculous prices being asked for a '22.  Anyone who's saying fuck it & taking their deposit back, I hope they either have a backup sled to get through this season -or - they just say the hell with it altogether and not trying to replace their snow check.  I'll sit out a season before I pay $8K for a 2016 model sled (or similar).

Yeah, looking at sled prices now, even if you riding is just limited to getting your sled broke in for next year, you are money ahead and have the sled you want.  Just think of it as like it was a low snow winter and move on.

Honestly, these prices for sleds is just over the top absurd right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm also waiting for when my XCR comes in.  Don't know if next year will be any better and prices will be going up.  Still have my sled from last year to ride and have other options for a sled when my wife comes along.  

If I do snow check a sled next year I will be holding on to both my sleds until the new one comes in.  That's what I normally do but my dealer wanted me to bring it in because of the lack of good used sleds.  My old sled was bought by a guy in Minnesota how came over to get it.

8 hours ago, awful knawful said:

I'd hold out. Especially if you don't have a backup sled.

I think 23 pricing will be stupid high.

I'm gonna wait till this all crashes and Manus are all crying again.

I bet tcat msrp will be 20,000 with a pre order deal of 19,999

On 12/31/2021 at 8:02 AM, awful knawful said:

I'd hold out. Especially if you don't have a backup sled.

I think 23 pricing will be stupid high.

I'm gonna wait till this all crashes and Manus are all crying again.

it's coming