Check your account email address ×

Confirmed. The Axys is tippy

Rod

Was talking to buddy who has a new doo 850. He had a 2020 cat before. He’s had about 25 new sleds. 

I didn’t prompt him but he said the axys is tippy and a handful to get through windey trails.  

ReSpOnDs WeLl To BoDy LaNgUaGe

means it’s TIPPY 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'd call it more playful but definitely not tippy.  Setup plays a more significant role in cornering with this sleds handling than my 16 xrs or Sidewinder.   

I followed a 2020 Indy Axys and the sled would bite on occasion, looked quite “tippy”. I bought an Indy Axys anyways after researching suspension setups. These sleds are very tunable. My buddy just bought and rode his Axys. I set mine up for riding style, rider weight, and riding conditions. The sled is phenomenal. Only thing I might change is ski carbides. I installed Studboy Duces but get some push in tight corners. I’m thinking of going to shapers. Bottom line is that sled is not “tippy”. 

13 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I found Preston's Doo and Buss' Cat to be much more tippy than Analer's Axys Switchback. 

Gotta be the setup. 

Oh no, it’s gospel. :lol:

I’ve never rode an Axys set up the way I like it and I’ve still never found one to be “tippy”. Whateve. 

If you are going to be trail riding, be sure you have the thicker sway bar. 

As for being tippy, any sled can be tippy if you ride it like you are a totem pole in a canoe.

Edited by Mag6240
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Was talking to buddy who has a new doo 850. He had a 2020 cat before. He’s had about 25 new sleds. 

I didn’t prompt him but he said the axys is tippy and a handful to get through windey trails.  

ReSpOnDs WeLl To BoDy LaNgUaGe

means it’s TIPPY 

I felt the same.  it's weird....like it will bend over but still can't make it turn.  Might have something to do with only the outside ski being planted.  

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I set mine up for trail riding and definitely NOT tippy. 

You should call Polaris and let them know what you did because they can’t figure it out 

• Platinum Contributing Member
24 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

If you are going to be trail riding, be sure you have the thicker sway bar. 

As for being tippy, any sled can be tippy if you ride it like you are a totem pole in a canoe.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: 

True dat!

Except the early to mid 90's ZR's.   No other sled made stayed planted like those sleds.  

21 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Shit, I remember the Firecat feeling tippy close to 20 years ago.  Now, it's like you're sitting in an inner tube with handlebars ... elbows hitting your knees.

Those things handled horrible 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Except the early to mid 90's ZR's.   No other sled made stayed planted like those sleds.  

My 96 mock C is ridiculously planted. Mind you it’s like 5” off the ground and 400 lbs over the skis 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Hell, that old metal will rail like hell.  COG's being where they are and all.  Problem is, once you hit the bumps it becomes a wrestling match that  the newer sleds are much better at.  But, give me some fresh grooming and and old sit-downer and YAHOOO!!!!

39 minutes ago, ACE said:

You should call Polaris and let them know what you did because they can’t figure it out 

Its real easy, you pull the limiter strap in about 3/4" and adjust springs. I can run down anyone on the trail. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Its real easy, you pull the limiter strap in about 3/4" and adjust springs. I can run down anyone on the trail. 

No you can’t. Maybe if you’re riding with 80 year old men that ride new XP’s

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

No you can’t. Maybe if you’re riding with 80 year old men that ride new XP’s

I ride with modern arctic cats and Polaris switchbacks so definitely faster than those.