Check your account email address ×

It's that time of the year ... SHOOTOUT!!

Bontz

I wonder if they would have let the Z use it’s launch control feature what the out come would have been. So they say stock is stock and the launch control is stock on the Z.   

Edited by Badger**
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

So, who actually won the bet between tom and badger ???????

It was actually supposed to be the annual bet that Tom and I do ... I was able to get @krom to do it back in our HCS days, but he lost one year and hasn't done it since, so Tom took over :lol: We never really formalized the bet this year - did we @Tommcat?  I was planning to bet on the Sidewinder (just to push Tom's buttons, because he HATES Yamaha) and he was taking the Cat.  And we both said if the Doo was there with that launch control, we both would have taken that to win (lowest ET).  So I don't think there's a winner or loser this year unless Tom wants to say Cat won because Yamaha didn't show up.  If so, I'll own that and put up whatever avatar he wants me to use.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Bontz said:

It was actually supposed to be the annual bet that Tom and I do ... I was able to get @krom to do it back in our HCS days, but he lost one year and hasn't done it since, so Tom took over :lol: We never really formalized the bet this year - did we @Tommcat?  I was planning to bet on the Sidewinder (just to push Tom's buttons, because he HATES Yamaha) and he was taking the Cat.  And we both said if the Doo was there with that launch control, we both would have taken that to win (lowest ET).  So I don't think there's a winner or loser this year unless Tom wants to say Cat won because Yamaha didn't show up.  If so, I'll own that and put up whatever avatar he wants me to use.

cat didnt win shit

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, krom said:

The Tcat was first to 60', 330', 500', and 660'.

At 500' the box stock tcat had higher mph than any point on the track, of every pass the doo made

Yes, and I don't think I want a 600lb+ snowmobile.  Happily Surprised they scaled them?

15 hours ago, krom said:

Same conditions for everyone. 

BTW this doo did much better against the tcat than the prototypes they had in the spring

Garbage conditions.  Also happily Surprised the sleds were evenly matched.

15 hours ago, Badger** said:

For a sled that's 20 hp off the mark I still say that's pretty impressive.  

30lbs lighter didn't hurt it either.  Cat is better looking but kudos to Doo for keeping things interesting.  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Yes, and I don't think I want a 600lb+ snowmobile.  Happily Surprised they scaled them?

Garbage conditions.  Also happily Surprised the sleds were evenly matched.

30lbs lighter didn't hurt it either.  Cat is better looking but kudos to Doo for keeping things interesting.  

Hey Jr you just worry about opening those trails up for me. Willy went up to plow out the lake house for me and he said there is for sure 16-18" in the driveway now if you can work your magic with the high temps coming in.  :salute:

Looks like its a Cat and Doo fight this year and just sprinkle in a little Polaris and Yamaha. What a shame this COVID thing has done to this country.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Badger** said:

Hey Jr you just worry about opening those trails up for me. Willy went up to plow out the lake house for me and he said there is for sure 16-18" in the driveway now if you can work your magic with the high temps coming in.  :salute:

Looks like its a Cat and Doo fight this year and just sprinkle in a little Polaris and Yamaha. What a shame this COVID thing has done to this country.  

Covid has nothing to do with Polaris not showing up in the big gun class.  Maybe the 800/850 and 600/650 class but not the big dog class.  

Let's discuss this over a beer this winter after you exhaust yourself chasing a kids/woman's sled through the woods.  I'll toss in a spud field or two for you to get a glimpse of my tail light.  

:bc:

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Covid has nothing to do with Polaris not showing up in the big gun class.  Maybe the 800/850 and 600/650 class but not the big dog class.  

Let's discuss this over a beer this winter after you exhaust yourself chasing a kids/woman's sled through the woods.  I'll toss in a spud field or two for you to get a glimpse of my tail light.  

:bc:

Maybe, but I think they more concerned with getting sleds on the trails. Thing are not going good over there according to my local dealers. Almost 59 years old now you go first I'll try to keep up. :bc:  

10 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Maybe, but I think they more concerned with getting sleds on the trails. Thing are not going good over there according to my local dealers. Almost 59 years old now you go first I'll try to keep up. :bc:  

possibly, was strange though seeing dealers this morning with 2022 stock rather than fulfilling every last snowcheck order from loyal Polaris buyers. I won't throw them under the bus (all the way) due to circumstances beyond their control, but even in years past without supply chain issues they have overpromised and undelivered on snowcheck commitments.  go back to 18/19/20 MY orders and Polaris Passionte People were bitching about getting their sleds later than anticipated.  they have a long history (imo) of over promising and under delivering.  this season they got their tit in a ringer much worse than years past due to 'unprecedented amounts' of orders.  

51 cruising right into 52, I'll let you lead into the first corner, after that you suck snow dust you old fawcker  :lol:   

On 12/13/2021 at 3:22 PM, Tommcat said:

holy shit! the yamatards inventing next level excuses for this one

screenshots please

On 12/13/2021 at 5:07 PM, krom said:

The Tcat was first to 60', 330', 500', and 660'.

At 500' the box stock tcat had higher mph than any point on the track, of every pass the doo made

maybe the idiot from New Hampersheer is right, 60' slip and 660' is all that matters. 

:lol:

On 12/13/2021 at 7:11 PM, Tommcat said:

What mark?

the 1000' Mark

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f9656025e650a5f0e6

On 12/13/2021 at 7:37 PM, mnstang said:

You know what's more impressive?  The sled that won.

the sled that didn't get caught with a hot ECU?

aka the >no show<

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Badger** said:

Looks like somethings kind of funny here. The cat lost 4 mph in the last 160 ft. Cat clutching is either messed up or??

370bee020ca46eca1ab11c0abf84fd1a.jpg

You really think the tcat clutching magically slows down after 90mph?  Are you actually that dumb?

The rider probably shut off early to keep the race close.  Or their trap system not working properly.  Something is fishy and given the credibility of the shootout it's about on par.  I can assure you the cat turbo does not magically slow down after hitting 90mph.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

You really think the tcat clutching magically slows down after 90mph?  Are you actually that dumb?

The rider probably shut off early to keep the race close.  Or their trap system not working properly.  Something is fishy and given the credibility of the shootout it's about on par.  I can assure you the cat turbo does not magically slow down after hitting 90mph.

Shit, you call the old meat man dumb then think the rider let off to keep the race close, which were just time trials

• Like 1

Just now, oldslowsledder said:

Shit, you call the old meat man dumb then think the rider let off to keep the race close, which were just time trials

It's more realistic than the sled slowing down under full throttle.

Maybe they saw the first run of the tcat and guy had to back it down after that to keep the results close.  Slowing down is unexplainable so something is fishy

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

It's more realistic than the sled slowing down under full throttle.

Maybe they saw the first run of the tcat and guy had to back it down after that to keep the results close.  Slowing down is unexplainable so something is fishy

Its a little early to be drinking already

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

What was it that they won?  Longest running chassis without change.

Poo didn’t even have a sled put together enough or, felt confident enough that it would stay together to even show up.

Yet, look how clever you are!  Do you even know what a “chAZzIs” is, bruh?  :lol:

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Is it possible it had something to do with break in mode?

I don't honestly know, not a turbotard.

• Haha 1