Check your account email address ×

ERs are now swamped with seriously ill patients — but many don't even have COVID

• Platinum Contributing Member

Interesting. :news:

Inside the emergency department at Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, Mich., staff members are struggling to care for patients who are showing up much sicker than they've ever seen.

Tiffani Dusang, the emergency room's nursing director, practically vibrates with pent-up anxiety, looking at all the patients lying on a long line of stretchers pushed up against the beige walls of the hospital's hallways. "It's hard to watch," she says in her warm Texan twang.

But there's nothing she can do. The ER's 72 rooms are already filled.

"I always feel very, very bad when I walk down the hallway and see that people are in pain or needing to sleep or needing quiet. But they have to be in the hallway with, as you can see, 10 or 15 people walking by every minute."

It's a stark contrast to where this emergency department — and thousands others — were at the start of the coronavirus pandemic. Except for initial hot spots like New York City, many ERs across the U.S. were often eerily empty in the spring of 2020. Terrified of contracting COVID-19, people who were sick with other things did their best to stay away from hospitals. Visits to emergency departments dropped to half their normal levels, according to the Epic Health Research Network, and didn't fully rebound until the summer of 2021.

But now, they're too full. Even in parts of the country where COVID-19 isn't overwhelming the health system, patients are showing up to the ER sicker than they were before the pandemic, their diseases more advanced and in need of more complicated care.

Months of treatment delays have exacerbated chronic conditions and worsened symptoms. Doctors and nurses say the severity of illness ranges widely and includes abdominal pain, respiratory problems, blood clots, heart conditions and suicide attempts, among others.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-58624295

Super cold: Is 'the worst cold ever' going around?

You've probably heard a lot more sniffles around if you've gone out recently or got on public transport.

Perhaps there's that one person on the work call who's not muted and starts a coughing fit before a meek: "It's not Covid, I've been tested!"

Or, maybe you've been ill and agree with people saying this is no ordinary cold - but the "worst cold ever" or a "super cold".

Well get used to it. Because cold season has begun.

And some people are already suffering.

'Nothing like this'

One of those is 24-year-old Rebecca London.

The retail worker from Bournemouth caught what she calls "the worst cold ever" at a festival.

A normal cold for her would have "a runny nose, sneezing, a bit of a sore throat and feeling a bit rundown".

"Nothing like this," she tells Radio 1 Newsbeat.

"I barely slept, I'd wake up in the night just coughing, a constantly runny nose and feeling so tired," she adds.

Rebecca did lateral flow tests and got negative results, but was ill for more than a week, and was left wondering "if it's ever going to end".

And she's not the only one.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ACE said:

An Ontario MP is officially asking for an inquiry as to why deaths are skyrocketing among young people and it’s not covid 

46E82BBA-BDDF-49BF-A1D9-B2BA4860086B.jpeg

Deaths are supposedly going up in almost every age category around the world even when subtracting out COVID numbers.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Deaths are supposedly going up in almost every age category around the world even when subtracting out COVID numbers.

How do those numbers correlate with vax? Are the people who die a higher % of vax or is it spread out equally across the board 

If people are dying from things other than the Covid, its not because of a vax or not.  It's because they put off other things that they should have been going to the doctor for long before they did go see a doctor.  If its just a bad cold season, well, we had a bad flu season for the last almost 2 years, so what ever.  

Just don't fire health care workers over a mandate and expect actual health care services to continue at the same level it was 2 years ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

If people are dying from things other than the Covid, its not because of a vax or not.  It's because they put off other things that they should have been going to the doctor for long before they did go see a doctor.  If its just a bad cold season, well, we had a bad flu season for the last almost 2 years, so what ever.  

Just don't fire health care workers over a mandate and expect actual health care services to continue at the same level it was 2 years ago.

People are dying from the vaccine. That’s documented 

but as you outlined the collateral damage from all this is going to be bad in the regard of undiagnosed illnesses due to bad public policy 

• Like 1

• Gold Member

I’ve had this damn super cold since Saturday afternoon. Worst cold I’ve had in a long time just like the 24yr old girl said. Puking, stuffy, horrible cough, up all night coughing, body aches.Got a rona test Monday came back negative which surprised me. I went to the hospital yesterday because I couldn’t breathe. I’d walk 5ft and it was like I just sprinted 5 miles. Docs meds seem to be helping I feel much better today. It’s a freakin bitch of a cold if ya get it.

31 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’ve had this damn super cold since Saturday afternoon. Worst cold I’ve had in a long time just like the 24yr old girl said. Puking, stuffy, horrible cough, up all night coughing, body aches.Got a rona test Monday came back negative which surprised me. I went to the hospital yesterday because I couldn’t breathe. I’d walk 5ft and it was like I just sprinted 5 miles. Docs meds seem to be helping I feel much better today. It’s a freakin bitch of a cold if ya get it.

If youve never tried it, pick up a bottle of good quality oregano oil and take a drop or two in the morning and one around noon. it can really help.   this is what im currently using.

of course check it out online, or where ever first but ive looked into it and it has zero ill effects with other meds if already on anything.

IMG_0243 (1).jpg

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Ummmmmmm, Any chance that the corona vaccine shots could mess up the natural immune system, and allow other stuff that was naturally being suppressed to now escape, and cause havoc ?

Yes. 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
39 minutes ago, old indy said:

If youve never tried it, pick up a bottle of good quality oregano oil and take a drop or two in the morning and one around noon. it can really help.   this is what im currently using.

of course check it out online, or where ever first but ive looked into it and it has zero ill effects with other meds if already on anything.

IMG_0243 (1).jpg

Never tried it but my sister takes all kinds of oils and swears by them. I’ll have to look into it.

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Ummmmmmm, Any chance that the corona vaccine shots could mess up the natural immune system, and allow other stuff that was naturally being suppressed to now escape, and cause havoc ?

noooooooooooooo   couldnt be.

I believe this short term medical experiment is showing  some seriously bad results.    Just how bad are we being lied to when its now acceptable when our governing bodies are telling those charged with keeping track of our safety, to stop tracking it?  simply dont report on it.     thats fucked up!

30 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Never tried it but my sister takes all kinds of oils and swears by them. I’ll have to look into it.

im no holistic herbalist or anything but ive seen it help a bench of friends.  some cant get past the taste.  its pretty gross if not mixed right and DONT taste it right out of the bottle, it will slowly burn the shit out of your tongue and lips un diluted.     8oz of liquid per drop.  MIX WELL     being an oil, oj or lemonade cuts it the best ive found.      

Edited by old indy
  • Like 2

I posted on the bashing thread that my buddy and his wife both got covid, both vaxxed, and TWO HOSPITALS WOULD NOT TAKE THEM.........they tried the THIRD, AND THEY TOOK THEM!!! 

I still say CHINA KILLED US, and continues to kill us because this is a LAB CREATED DEATH-VIRUS. 

Why did FAUCI have anything to do with them, and WUHAN LAB, and that fucking GAIN OF FUNCTION bullshit!!!

Somebody needs to be hammered for this. 

I would bring CHINA to its knees if it was up to me, and I'm thinking that FAUCI might be implicated in this shit.  

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Corona is dead. Fear narratives will be kept alive by the most mentally weak for as long as they can but….it’s done.

You have to be very mentally weak to be desperate to keep the fear alive tbh 

36 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

RIght.  About half of America fits this description.  Not sure how many Nooks but, at least half.

It's likely a lot higher up here? As far as I know all Provinces still require the donning of masks while out shopping, etc, even if you are fully vaxxed. Hockey games, Leaf's, Oshawa Generals, etc, can only be attended by fully vaxxed people and masks are to be worn at all times or you will be kicked out. 

7 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

7 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Ask the scientists here. 

7 hours ago, ACE said:

Yes. 

:roflcrying::roflcrying::lol: