Check your account email address ×

america divided

in my 51 years on this big blue round globe, we are currently in the USA the most divided I've seen in my lifetime

as a fiscally conservative, somewhat socially liberal 'moderate' I can't recall a time where 'we the people' have been so selfish, greedy, obstinate, downright mean and single minded

I can't recall a time in my life when family members, friends, colleagues and people you encounter on a daily basis have been so off putting

now more than ever people seemingly want to force or coerce you into their corner and are offended by differing opinions or beliefs

it's troubling that certain groups that feel the necessity to 'cancel' or shun opinions, commentary or views other than their own and want us all to join in in ostracizing free thoughts and free speech no matter 'right or wrong', thus creating new minorities

if someone identifies themselves as conservative, liberal, moderate, rich, poor, middle class, straight, gay, trans, pro-life, anti-abortion, pro-gun, anti-gun, pro-vax/mask, anti-vax/mask, climate change advocates, climate change disbelievers etc., etc., etc., they and we are opposing and/or advocating and thrusting our opinions upon them and they upon each other regarding personal lifestyles, personal liberties and personal freedom

the 'internet', which is somewhat anonymous seems to be the most venomous and toxic format to continuously spew our opinions, dislike of circumstance and disagreement upon and the internet isn't going away anytime soon

our politicians and sources of 'news' and information are the most blindingly biased and childish I can recall, as if there isn't an adult in the room putting their foot down and taking charge

I honestly don't at this time foresee or can imagine a way for 'us' to find unity or rally around a common cause to improve upon our circumstances

maybe it's just my middle of the road perspective in real life, but this rollercoaster on a course to nowhere we're all riding is troubling no less

TkKI.gif

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It's all good. Now that the country is fighting itself, the world is a much safer place. 

Says the Mental Health Professional 

:snack:

Blame the Media @Crnr2Crnr....the 24/7 propaganda is working for the weak minds. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HSR said:

Too many people to ever be united these days. Too many different perspectives,thoughts,beliefs,theories.

an overwhelming lack of joy... and laughter

especially the ability to laugh at oneself

we're all just so fucking serious

I laugh at myself and my actions... quite often

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You always lend such a positive perspective on things  

It's true. No Iraq and no Afghanistan which is awesome. The odds of left and right agreeing on the deployment of troops is very, very remote. The world breathes a sigh of relief. At least 2nd and 3rd world nations do. Because you know that America would never attack the big boys on the block. 

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Very true. And social media and all different forms of news sources just adds to to mixture of viewpoints. I think it's really good. 

We’re going backwards in cult like atmospheres where truth and facts are what one group says they are. Segregation is the next stage.  It will be based on irrational fears…again.  

34 minutes ago, Cold War said:

No, it’s not. :lol:

there is a choice of two truths . People have completely lost the ability to think for themselves. 

6554571E-BBB8-4E7D-832C-BDBC7DDA6713.jpeg

Thinking for oneself is dangerous for the cults and doing so, and speaking it, will be reckless for ones career. 

• Like 1

You know this is how the CIA destabilizes other countries. Causes political unrest, radical shifts in political power, distrust in govt, etc... We have seen it in our personal lives where family and friends won't talk to each other anymore over political bullshit. And it also seems you can hardly have a conversation anymore without some political bullshit coming up. I liked it better before. 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Anler said:

You know this is how the CIA destabilizes other countries. Causes political unrest, radical shifts in political power, distrust in govt, etc... We have seen it in our personal lives where family and friends won't talk to each other anymore over political bullshit. And it also seems you can hardly have a conversation anymore without some political bullshit coming up. I liked it better before. 

Politics and religion should remain personal.  Otherwise, it goes just how it goes now.  Hatred and divide.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Politics and religion should remain personal.  Otherwise, it goes just how it goes now.  Hatred and divide.

Religion should be abolished 

27 minutes ago, HSR said:

Religion should be abolished 

I am not a religious person at all .

But I will say when govenments historical want to control the people they get religion out of the pic ie Russia. Or they stand behind it. but those days are long gone not near enough believers in the man in the clouds to pull that stunt any longer .

As far as religion goes I don't give a fuck if they are around . In fact I see most of there organizations doing a lot of good for a lot of people.  The best homeless shelters and transition from homeless to having a place to live, and the best food shelf places ,best places to get a hot meal . Best people walking the streets to get people off there meds help, people working in human traffic to help the girls get out the best ones  in my town any way are all run by religious outfits .

And as I see it none of those things are govenmenrs job any way and govenment needs not be flipping the bills for that shit . Except the human trafficking that is . 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I am not a religious person at all .

But I will say when govenments historical want to control the people they get religion out of the pic ie Russia. Or they stand behind it. but those days are long gone not near enough believers in the man in the clouds to pull that stunt any longer .

As far as religion goes I don't give a fuck if they are around . In fact I see most of there organizations doing a lot of good for a lot of people.  The best homeless shelters and transition from homeless to having a place to live, and the best food shelf places ,best places to get a hot meal . Best people walking the streets to get people off there meds help, people working in human traffic to help the girls get out the best ones  in my town any way are all run by religious outfits .

And as I see it none of those things are govenmenrs job any way and govenment needs not be flipping the bills for that shit . Except the human trafficking that is . 

Our government (like most) see religion as a threat to its undisputed power. The church sees government(s) as the same.  If you abolish one, the other has to go also.

• Like 2

What I find interesting and alarming is that we sit here in this country bitching about Left vs Right, Gay vs Straight, Rich vs Poor, which pronoun to call someone, and raging about which bathroom people are allowed to use, while other major players in the world are moving forward strengthening their strategic and economic positions.  Our economy is in decline while we fight over anything and everything.  It's our own fault.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

in my 51 years on this big blue round globe, we are currently in the USA the most divided I've seen in my lifetime

as a fiscally conservative, somewhat socially liberal 'moderate' I can't recall a time where 'we the people' have been so selfish, greedy, obstinate, downright mean and single minded

I can't recall a time in my life when family members, friends, colleagues and people you encounter on a daily basis have been so off putting

now more than ever people seemingly want to force or coerce you into their corner and are offended by differing opinions or beliefs

it's troubling that certain groups that feel the necessity to 'cancel' or shun opinions, commentary or views other than their own and want us all to join in in ostracizing free thoughts and free speech no matter 'right or wrong', thus creating new minorities

if someone identifies themselves as conservative, liberal, moderate, rich, poor, middle class, straight, gay, trans, pro-life, anti-abortion, pro-gun, anti-gun, pro-vax/mask, anti-vax/mask, climate change advocates, climate change disbelievers etc., etc., etc., they and we are opposing and/or advocating and thrusting our opinions upon them and they upon each other regarding personal lifestyles, personal liberties and personal freedom

the 'internet', which is somewhat anonymous seems to be the most venomous and toxic format to continuously spew our opinions, dislike of circumstance and disagreement upon and the internet isn't going away anytime soon

our politicians and sources of 'news' and information are the most blindingly biased and childish I can recall, as if there isn't an adult in the room putting their foot down and taking charge

I honestly don't at this time foresee or can imagine a way for 'us' to find unity or rally around a common cause to improve upon our circumstances

maybe it's just my middle of the road perspective in real life, but this rollercoaster on a course to nowhere we're all riding is troubling no less

TkKI.gif

Saul Alinsky rules for radicals heavily deployed under the Obama administration...it's all purposeful. Sad but true.

9 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Very true. And social media and all different forms of news sources just adds to to mixture of viewpoints. I think it's really good. 

Except for Facebook, Twitter and YouTube...

Can't have a different view point there,  which isn't good. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'm actually a little surprised the rioting stopped with the way people are these days. I'm talking about when they were burning cities to the ground not the people taking a single file tour of the white house on Jan 6th

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

TkKI.gif

Ask yourself who is less accepting of others and who is demanding more change?

I really don't see this real world personally, not saying it doesn't exist because it does.   I see it in MSM, Social Media and Entertainment but I don't see it in real life so much from where Iive to my most common entertainment venue's.   I guess I self consciously lean towards activities and people who share my values.    

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1