Check your account email address ×

Planning on getting a new car next year?

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I've listened to several analysts recently who predict/estimate that the supply chain bottlenecks will stabilize by the end of 2Q 2022.  Just the same, there does seem to be more and more choke points that could shut down or slow the economy, from chip shortages, to new bank lending regulations.  Oh, and a pandemic that doesn't seem to be ending any time soon.  If you haven't lost faith and trust in your government and media, you should.

It doesn't help that the media is essentially sucking pharma's cock.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Being comfortably retired at 60 and buying a $165,000 camper van at 61 makes it all worthwhile. :) 

more people should live like that. 

I retired at 44 in 1991 but got bored so I re-opened my 3 repair shops again, then mostly stopped again 8-10 years ago.

• Gold Member
On 10/19/2021 at 11:44 AM, Mainecat said:

I won’t buy new. Let someone else take it up the ass.

Me too. The price of new and used cars is totally insane, let some other schmuck spend the coin. My 2017 Ram works just fine.

7 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

You're also frugal. Something that more people need to do. Learn to live well on less. 

"Frugal"? how so?

My retirement pays me almost $3,000 grand a Month, I have no bills other than Utility bills, I paid cash for my homes and Vehicles.

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

you just described frugal.

I'm missing something, explain how I'm Frugal.

I spend $1,000's on tools and toys every month.

The definition of frugal is not spending a lot of money and not being wasteful. An example of frugal is someone who uses coupons to buy groceries. ... Practicing or marked by economy, as in the expenditure of money or the use of material resources.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

The definition of frugal is not spending a lot of money and not being wasteful. An example of frugal is someone who uses coupons to buy groceries. ... Practicing or marked by economy, as in the expenditure of money or the use of material resources.

you live within your means? 

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

"Frugal"? how so?

My retirement pays me almost $3,000 grand a Month, I have no bills other than Utility bills, I paid cash for my homes and Vehicles.

3k woud mean no travel and fun just paying the bare necessities.   shit insurance would be 1500/mo between medical, vehicles and home.   i could have retired in my 40's with that but even with no debt i need 10k a month.  

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

3k woud mean no travel and fun just paying the bare necessities.   shit insurance would be 1500/mo between medical, vehicles and home.   i could have retired in my 40's with that but even with no debt i need 10k a month.  

Add in our states property taxes to your insurance cost your close to 3k

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

Listen, I sold 1 of my homes in 1991 for 22.5 times more than I paid for it in 1966, and sold a home that was willed to me for $117,000 in the mid 90's, I invested with Edward Jones and Franklin Templeton, I started with $445,000 and have been making a decent amount, wife also works and is market invested from monies she inherited from her mom. I own 7 sleds, 3 boats, 3 pickup trucks, 2 XP 1000 Sportsman ATV's and a 1000 XP RZR, over $75,000 in tools, etc.

I'm on Medicare and the supplement Medica, so very low yearly Medical payments, my property taxes are under $1,000 a year, paid cash for this home, still own another home I rent out, I'm on SS and so is the wife, that alone is another +/- $3,000.

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

You're also frugal. Something that more people need to do. Learn to live well on less. 

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

"Frugal"? how so?

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

you just described frugal.

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

you live within your means? 

I don't borrow money if that's what you mean.

I asked if you live within your means. 

Explain what you think that means.

do you live beyond your means?

What does that mean?

:lol:

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

I once had a travel bug. Zero interest in that now or in the future.

Fun? At most it costs me $100 to go and spend then entire day having 'fun', or it can cost nothing at all. If you consider travel fun, have at it, but don't think for a second everyone wants to. I'm fuckin' done with it already.

My wife and I both have medical care thru our time in the military.

If you would need 10k a month to retire, you ain't retiring... :lol: And it's funny because $10k is on the low side of our monthly retirement income.... leaving all savings in place.

Edited by Snake