Check your account email address ×

Planning on getting a new car next year?

• Gold Member

Auto Manufactures are going to be even more profitable next year the way it looks.  They are going to be name their price on a vehicle.  Likely make as much profit on selling 1 vehicle then they when they sold a hundred a couple years ago.

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Auto Manufactures are going to be even more profitable next year the way it looks.  They are going to be name their price on a vehicle.  Likely make as much profit on selling 1 vehicle then they when they sold a hundred a couple years ago.

More profitable per vehicle, but not overall. The manufacturing crisis will continue to spread. Energy and manpower are the bottlenecks. The next wave of covid could spell even more problems with manpower. Have to wait and see how severe it is. 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

More profitable per vehicle, but not overall. The manufacturing crisis will continue to spread. Energy and manpower are the bottlenecks. The next wave of covid could spell even more problems with manpower. Have to wait and see how severe it is. 

I expect some of the most profitable 1/4’s by manufactures when they report their financial results….  They are making money hand over fists, plants shut down saving costs, reduced labor cost while getting premium money for their products

10 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I expect some of the most profitable 1/4’s by manufactures when they report their financial results….  They are making money hand over fists, plants shut down saving costs, reduced labor cost while getting premium money for their products

I disagree most smart people won't buy new vehicles that are way overpriced, only certain people who are wealthy enough will. People will hang on to their vehicles and just repair them, which is also what smart people do. The prices on new vehicles, especially trucks are stupid insane. 

13 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Being profitable on a smaller scale limits their ability to explore new technologies by cutting in development monies. Not something that’s good at this stage of the game. This could easily move into small profits while swirling the drain. 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Being profitable on a smaller scale limits their ability to explore new technologies by cutting in development monies. Not something that’s good at this stage of the game. This could easily move into small profits while swirling the drain. 

Your gonna see more EV’s every year anyways. Cadillac has committed to a full EV lineup for 2025

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

I disagree most smart people won't buy new vehicles that are way overpriced, only certain people who are wealthy enough will. People will hang on to their vehicles and just repair them, which is also what smart people do. The prices on new vehicles, especially trucks are stupid insane. 

Yep.  Just another way to put the hurt on the middle class of this country.

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, snoughnut said:

84-96 months loan people will buy more expensive vehicles.  The prices we see now haven’t stopped people from buy one bit.  Most vehicles especially extremely expensive ones have wait list.  This pandemic has changed both consumer and manufactures habits.

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Your gonna see more EV’s every year anyways. Cadillac has committed to a full EV lineup for 2025

As we continue to shut down power plants like never before . I am sure it will all be fine lol

3 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Ford work Trucks have litteraly gone up double in 10 yrs . I was at a dealer last week and was shocked . 

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

If the middle class is dumb enough to pay the entry fee…..

Says the Guy literally following every single brainwashed Middle Class mainstream narrative :lol:

• Gold Member

I wanna see these Joe Biden voters start riding mopeds and electric bicycles instead of ordering Red Hat built RVs like @ActionfigureJoe all while crying about global warming and supporting crazy EPA laws....but like always do as I say not as I do. 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

84-96 months loan people will buy more expensive vehicles.  The prices we see now haven’t stopped people from buy one bit.  Most vehicles especially extremely expensive ones have wait list.  This pandemic has changed both consumer and manufactures habits.

Bullshit, there’s plenty of people that have zero interest in buying right now…….you moron.

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Bullshit, there’s plenty of people that have zero interest in buying right now…….you moron.

Most vehicles such pickups hit the lot they are spoken for or no deal to be had.  No shortage of buyers willing to pay msrp.  If this magnesium shortage develops prices will be more expensive next year and the year after and the year after.  The following years will make vehicles bought at msrp as a bargain.  They will always get more expensive.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What's wrong with a decades old minivan?  Anyone?

Nothing, I got one.  It's amazing how well it drives yet. Couple years back I put in new struts, shocks, and sway bar links.  Good tires, good brakes, and an alignment, drives good.  

14 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Most vehicles such pickups hit the lot they are spoken for or no deal to be had.  No shortage of buyers willing to pay msrp.  If this magnesium shortage develops prices will be more expensive next year and the year after and the year after.  The following years will make vehicles bought at msrp as a bargain.  They will always get more expensive.

Check out the price of aluminum too.  Magnesium is used primarily in aluminum alloys.  Think of how much aluminum goes into a vehicle these days.

I've listened to several analysts recently who predict/estimate that the supply chain bottlenecks will stabilize by the end of 2Q 2022.  Just the same, there does seem to be more and more choke points that could shut down or slow the economy, from chip shortages, to new bank lending regulations.  Oh, and a pandemic that doesn't seem to be ending any time soon.  If you haven't lost faith and trust in your government and media, you should.