Check your account email address ×

Planning on getting a new car next year?

8 hours ago, Snake said:

I once had a travel bug. Zero interest in that now or in the future.

Fun? At most it costs me $100 to go and spend then entire day having 'fun', or it can cost nothing at all. If you consider travel fun, have at it, but don't think for a second everyone wants to. I'm fuckin' done with it already.

My wife and I both have medical care thru our time in the military.

If you would need 10k a month to retire, you ain't retiring... :lol: And it's funny because $10k is on the low side of our monthly retirement income.... leaving all savings in place.

Fuck a day wheeling is fun but it's 100,  day sledding is fun but its at least 100 and i want to do shit like that as i want.  3k would be a shitty living exp as a young retiree while it is prob fine at 75 when combined with SS.   I'll travel the country for a bit similar to what tom did as well as some international travel.  

my retirement should pay me well north of that,  i could draw what i currently have in IRA/401k it for over 30 years @ 10k+ a month never mind the rest of what i saved.  I should have every option available at 59.5,  i could easily make it work today but that is not the plan.  

Certainly the unions took care of the 2 of you.  the med coverage alone is invaluable.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Certainly the unions took care of the 2 of you.  the med coverage alone is invaluable.  

72 combined years of service to 2 employers.

Over 38 years of military service.

I think we had a lot to do with it..... the union showed up with the job.

Earned the medical through military. Union coverage sucks balls.