Check your account email address ×

84 month car loans?

35 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

And people are saying no to traditional car dealers by the millions. Good on them. 

And that’s good for them. We have a choice, I explore all avenues and choose the best deal. I don’t rule out any options. I’d buy a car from my evil ex wife if it was the best deal. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Of course not. They get kick backs from finance companies. Dealerships are ripoffs. 

Well they have 3 ways to make money.

The truck

The financing

the warrenty

Let them make it off the financing, then refinance thru your credit union.

Purchased quite a few news cars over the years and dealers never seemed to have any issue heavily discounting a sales price without financing in play.  In fact only one time did a dealer offer an additional $500 back if I financed.  It was already the best price offered so I took it and paid it off within a couple of weeks.

The $500 only turned out to be $425 after the dealer tacked on an additional financing fee for the dealership but it was still worth the additional hassle.  Those days are long gone now that we have a massive new vehicle shortage. 

What ever happened to buying a truck that doesn't have a 5 or above as the first number in the price?

My Tundra is a base model with 1 option package to give it a center console and some goodies; about a $2k package.

$41k.

It’s all about demand. Pickups are the hottest selling vehicle in North America. They get first dibs on all the high tech feature and creature comforts. It’s the only vehicle that transcends all the generations. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

What ever happened to buying a truck that doesn't have a 5 or above as the first number in the price?

My Tundra is a base model with 1 option package to give it a center console and some goodies; about a $2k package.

$41k.

I can’t bring myself to do it.  Most of the shit they stick in these to justify the price is of no interest to me.  Saw a Ram commercial last night and it was all about a 12 inch touch screen on the dash.  WTF?  Smh.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

$41k.

Some like their cars pimped out. Comfortable seat, AC and a decent stereo and I’m all set.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I haven’t purchased a new car since 2014 and that was a Subaru Forester. I typically purchase cars from auction at wholesale. Lately the yards are pretty much picked over. Lots of shitty junk. 

Lol, Subaru is the stereotypical liberal vehicle, did you have a coexist sticker on the back? 🏳️‍🌈:lmao:

• Haha 2

On 10/15/2021 at 6:56 PM, teamgreen02 said:

Looks like the 0% crowd got to this thread early, oh well.  Always a sucker lined up thinking they just won one over on the bank.  

If I had a dollar for every time I was told on this forum to take the "free money" I'd have $18K in an inherited ROTH IRA!

odd comment considering i have had a car financed less than 2 years in the last 20 but OK.   Most people can't afford to pay cash and if it is a choice between a 5 year loan on a 5 year old car or 7 on a new one I'm taking the 7 everyday.  

On 10/17/2021 at 9:20 AM, Snake said:

$41k.

There are but people want all the latest gizmos, gadgets and creature comforts.

Spec out a crew cab Silverado Custom Trail Boss with a 5.3 and you start out around $47k MSRP.  That's a decent truck.  A crew WT (work truck) 5.3 starts around $42k - good luck getting one right now

The most popular trucks I see going out the doors are in the mid $60k+ range, because everyone wants the gizmos and niceties.

36 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Subarus are really amazing. Some of the best resale value and super dependable. It’s a win win. 

Just need to work on the looks. Most are butt ugly.

:puke:

23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

There are but people want all the latest gizmos, gadgets and creature comforts.

Spec out a crew cab Silverado Custom Trail Boss with a 5.3 and you start out around $47k MSRP.  That's a decent truck.  A crew WT (work truck) 5.3 starts around $42k - good luck getting one right now

The most popular trucks I see going out the doors are in the mid $60k+ range, because everyone wants the gizmos and niceties.

There are 4 sitting at the Toyota shop.

No one wants them.

48 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Most people can't afford to pay cash and if it is a choice between a 5 year loan on a 5 year old car or 7 on a new one I'm taking the 7 everyday.  

As if those are the only two choices available.  :lol:

This is a prime example of all of you ball gobblers who think deficit spending doesnt matter. Especially when your party is doing it. We are on a 40 million year loan now. Thanks faggots!

On 10/16/2021 at 9:32 AM, Rigid1 said:

So I buy a sled at dealer cost how is the 0% built into what I pay?

How are you 100% sure about the dealer cost part ? I have heard car salesmen spewing that bullshit before, I go down the road another 20 miles, and buy it for 2 grand cheaper. The second dealer must really like me. Man, covid is making people even more stupid than they were before.