Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

otb, tell me more?

Canned chicken 1 egg parm cheese and spices for crust. Mix it all together and spread out as thin as possible for a nice thin crust. Bake for 10 minutes. Put sauce and cheese and whatever else Bake for another 10 minutes or so until cheese is melted.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Canned chicken 1 egg parm cheese and spices for crust. Mix it all together and spread out as thin as possible for a nice thin crust. Bake for 10 minutes. Put sauce and cheese and whatever else Bake for another 10 minutes or so until cheese is melted.

interested and like trying new things... pic of crust?

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

interested and like trying new things... pic of crust?

This isn't mine. But it looked just like this.

Screenshot_20230223_203055.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Wtf is canned chicken?????

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I just threw up a little in my mouth 

Not everyone's an aristocrat you know. 

Is canned chicken as good as fresh chicken?

The canning process does not effect the 'healthiness' of the chicken. To some people it may not taste as good as fresh chicken but outside of some added flavoring (depends on which brand) it is just chicken and water. If you consider chicken to be a healthy food, which you should, then canned chicken is no different

Edited by Steve753

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

An animal that is raised so poorly in our country that the FDA states 165f is the safe internal temp to eat it now made shelf stable by putting it in a can?  Yep, barf.  Other canned meats are gross....chicken, holy fuck

You going to be alright?

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No shit…we use this for making Buffalo Chicken Dip…tastes just fine.

DABC6428-4B8E-4F36-A0F0-2CAC9F1F136F.jpeg.a5696b96362c5fcb9e00bb9f065819f1.jpeg

I was just going to say that about the buffalo chicken dip...... :thumbsup:

A box of chicken rice a roni, 1 can of chicken, 1 can of fire roasted garlic tomatoes, brown the rice add all the other stuff simmer 20-25 minutes.

• Like 2

Interesting.  I am still in shock there is such a thing as canned chicken.  I seriously had no idea it existed.  Can't say that I shop a lot in the processed aisles of any store though.

I just googled rice a roni and instructions on how to make it.  Just a couple spices and some rice.  Could be easily taken up about 10 notches with good rice and a fuzzy logic rice cooker.  Huge difference in rice quality and a 15 min boil provides nowhere near the flavor of an hour or so steep in a real cooker.  At least 150lbs of various rice in my house right now...

Just now, Deephaven said:

Interesting.  I am still in shock there is such a thing as canned chicken.  I seriously had no idea it existed.  Can't say that I shop a lot in the processed aisles of any store though.

I just googled rice a roni and instructions on how to make it.  Just a couple spices and some rice.  Could be easily taken up about 10 notches with good rice and a fuzzy logic rice cooker.  Huge difference in rice quality and a 15 min boil provides nowhere near the flavor of an hour or so steep in a real cooker.  At least 150lbs of various rice in my house right now...

If you like spicy zatterains may float your boat 

7 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I'm surprised you're not grossed out with the seafood you eat. Unless you're getting it flown in fresh to your door.

2 hours ago, Steve753 said:

I'm surprised you're not grossed out with the seafood you eat. Unless you're getting it flown in fresh to your door.

:hdchr:

Seeing how Wednesday was the kick off of Fish Fry Season around here and other fish type meals on Fridays.

I made Tuna salad with Tuna from a Can, yep tuna in a can is a real thing, Google it..... Tonight we're getting "Fresh" fried fish sandwiches from a local Bar/restaurant, I'll assume the fish was caught fresh, then frozen and shipped to the bar restaurant, thawed, battered and then refrigerated until it's time to be deep fried, I'll assume the bread is fresh and came from one of the local bread making companies that supplies many bars, restaurants and grocery stores in my area.  

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

:hdchr:

Seeing how Wednesday was the kick off of Fish Fry Season around here and other fish type meals on Fridays.

I made Tuna salad with Tuna from a Can, yep tuna in a can is a real thing, Google it..... Tonight we're getting "Fresh" fried fish sandwiches from a local Bar/restaurant, I'll assume the fish was caught fresh, then frozen and shipped to the bar restaurant, thawed, battered and then refrigerated until it's time to be deep fried, I'll assume the bread is fresh and came from one of the local bread making companies that supplies many bars, restaurants and grocery stores in my area.  

Ewwww

:lol:

• Haha 1