Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

Mom would make cod cakes when I was a kid. I would eat as many as I could hold. She used dried salt cod that came in a wood box. First she soaked the cod it for hours in water changing it a few times, then flake it and add it to mashed potatoes with onions then fry them golden brown in lard. 

Then I went into a coma.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Mom would make cod cakes when I was a kid. I would eat as many as I could hold. She used dried salt cod that came in a wood box. First she soaked the cod it for hours in water changing it a few times, then flake it and add it to mashed potatoes with onions then fry them golden brown in lard. 

Then I went into a coma.

We make something similar and just call them fish balls ....cheese onion potatoes fish and form into a ball then deep fry

• Like 1

What's everyone doing for Turkey Day?  I think ours is going on the smoker with some UTZ Prime as the seasoning. @Seatofmypants tells me that I won't be disappointed with it on Turkey. Since it's our go to rub for chicken, he's probably right  :lol:

For dressing I use a recipe that I found on Bell's website.

12oz. Bell's Traditional Stuffing
1/2 cup Butter
3/4 cup Onions, chopped
3/4 cup Celery, minced
1 can Condensed chicken broth
1 cup Apples, chopped
1 cup Walnuts, finely crushed
2 tbsp. Honey
1/2 cup Cranberries, chopped
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, ckf said:

What's everyone doing for Turkey Day?  I think ours is going on the smoker with some UTZ Prime as the seasoning. @Seatofmypants tells me that I won't be disappointed with it on Turkey. Since it's our go to rub for chicken, he's probably right  :lol:

For dressing I use a recipe that I found on Bell's website.

12oz. Bell's Traditional Stuffing
1/2 cup Butter
3/4 cup Onions, chopped
3/4 cup Celery, minced
1 can Condensed chicken broth
1 cup Apples, chopped
1 cup Walnuts, finely crushed
2 tbsp. Honey
1/2 cup Cranberries, chopped

Somehow I think you could do a nice job on some venison roasts, if ya' had some around. :bbq2:    :yum:

( Wink, wink )

18 minutes ago, ckf said:

12oz. Bell's Traditional Stuffing 1/2 cup Butter 3/4 cup Onions, chopped 3/4 cup Celery, minced 1 can  Condensed chicken broth 1 cup Apples, chopped 1 cup Walnuts, finely crushed 2 tbsp. Honey 1/2 cup Cranberries, chopped

No giblets?

wouldnt do the fruits either. Rest sounds good.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

No giblets?

wouldnt do the fruits either. Rest sounds good.

The 1st Thanksgiving turkey that I cooked had the giblets in it.....and whatever else comes in the bags that they put in the turkey. :lol:

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, ckf said:

The 1st Thanksgiving turkey that I cooked had the giblets in it.....and whatever else comes in the bags that they put in the turkey. :lol:

Haha, I'm sure everyone one of us that cooks is guilty of that at one time or another..I know I am .:lol:

Garlic pizza with shrooms and sausage

IMG_20201123_194207048.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Haha, I'm sure everyone one of us that cooks is guilty of that at one time or another..I know I am .:lol:

Garlic pizza with shrooms and sausage

IMG_20201123_194207048.jpg

Looks good. Homemade?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ckf said:

Gotta slice up the giblets in the stuffing. Boil down the neck for the gravy. I use it all, if I take the time to kill it, it’s all going to be used.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

That makes me wanna' go to Smokey Bones.   :yum:

that place was pretty decent actually

Got some Goody Coles Brisket yesterday for lunch/dinner.   its always consistent but they were out of ribs,  I wanted the combo plate.  

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Ever been to KC's rib shack?

Manchester???  Yes, but it was at least 4 years ago, maybe more. Near Bedford Mall???   I think that's the place.

Went to a place near Meredith, I think it was called JT's. Maybe closed now.

There's a place I think in Brookline on 13 that has waiting lines. Must be good. across from ski area???

Also, there's a place called BILLY JEWELS on Amherst street next to Best Ford, that I go by now and then, but have not tried.

I kinda like Smokey Bones. Maybe it sucks but we been ok there a few times.

Just now, Angry ginger said:

that place was pretty decent actually

Got some Goody Coles Brisket yesterday for lunch/dinner.   its always consistent but they were out of ribs,  I wanted the combo plate.  

You just beat me typing. Yeah, For the few times we've gone, Smokey's has been ok!!! 

Maybe rib aficionados don't care for it, but it's been actually good for the times we've gone. I would not hesitate to go back.   :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
47 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Manchester???  Yes, but it was at least 4 years ago, maybe more. Near Bedford Mall???   I think that's the place.

Went to a place near Meredith, I think it was called JT's. Maybe closed now.

There's a place I think in Brookline on 13 that has waiting lines. Must be good. across from ski area???

Also, there's a place called BILLY JEWELS on Amherst street next to Best Ford, that I go by now and then, but have not tried.

I kinda like Smokey Bones. Maybe it sucks but we been ok there a few times.

Willie jewels on amherst st is a southern chain. Ok , nothing fancey, price is right but there is much better 

Smokehaus on 101 in amherst is real good

KC's in manchester is prollythe best around for the money HOME | KCs Rib Shack

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Willie jewels on amherst st is a southern chain. Ok , nothing fancey, price is right but there is much better 

Smokehaus on 101 in amherst is real good

KC's in manchester is prollythe best around for the money HOME | KCs Rib Shack

I like Goody COles better than KC's but I will go to KC's wehn over that way with the guys from work.