Check your account email address ×

Former McDonald's CEO warns $15 minimum wage directly contributing to fast-food industry's automation push

We new that and we are just  shithead outcasts on a small sled forum.

New WH admin and the maj left congress are dumb 🤡 clowns

It's not just wages. Automation shows up every day on time, doesn't call in at the last minute, need pregnancy leave or all the other issues humans bring to the table. We all knew this was coming but no doubt this rush to raise the minimum wage right away rather than over time is causing companies to move much faster.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ACE said:

Don’t blame them. Minimum wagers are awful 

this- if you are over 20 and don't have the skills to make more you're prob a bad employee or you are happy working at that type of job.  While i believe there should be an inflation indexed minimum that wage should be for new/young employees the argument you can't raise a family do 4 on min wage is utter bullshit.  should not have a fam if thats what you make.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I think many of you would be surprised the number of people in rural areas that don't make 15 per hour, even working some skilled jobs.

and that is because its cheaper COL and less competition.   part of the issue i have with a high fed min wage unless indexed for COL for specific areas,  date the gov already does for their own payroll

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Go ahead and automate. You clowns don’t really care about minimum wage workers and bitch about them constantly.

Is this a general board statement, or targeted at a specific industry(s)?

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Is this a general board statement, or targeted at a specific industry(s)?

Its just MC slinging his shit and hoping he accidentally stumbles upon something coherent.  Normal outcome is he ends up eating his shit.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I think many of you would be surprised the number of people in rural areas that don't make 15 per hour, even working some skilled jobs.

And there house even today is 70g for a equivalent city or suburban home it would be 300k 

23 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Go ahead and automate. You clowns don’t really care about minimum wage workers and bitch about them constantly.

When was tge last time you stuffed a 10 or even a 5 hell a buck in the tip cup ? 

My guess never 

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

That’s why I live in the city. Love to make big money living in the yoop but that’s not going to happen. Just the reality...

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Edmo said:

That’s why I live in the city. Love to make big money living in the yoop but that’s not going to happen. Just the reality...

One good thing about the pandemic is that it's made something like that closer to being reality. I've been working from home for almost a year and a half now and If I knew for certain it would be permanent I'd move north in a heart beat

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

One good thing about the pandemic is that it's made something like that closer to being reality. I've been working from home for almost a year and a half now and If I knew for certain it would be permanent I'd move north in a heart beat

That is one of the things that certainly backfired for the liberals regarding this pandemic.  It proved that many people didn't need to live in tightly grouped urban areas.  Thus lessening the need for public transportation.  Amazing that when people have a choice, they want to live in the rural parts of the country.  I guess the liberal utopia of a big city is only inviting if the $$$ is there to compensate.  But, their agenda of higher gas prices, housing, et al is a way to get that utopia back.  

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Define skilled?

My area is about as rural as it gets and if you are working anything outside restaurants you are making well over $15.00/hr.   Upper $20's/Hr when including bennies. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

and that is because its cheaper COL and less competition.   part of the issue i have with a high fed min wage unless indexed for COL for specific areas,  date the gov already does for their own payroll

True to an extent, our housing is raised do to the amount of NY,NJ, and Conn., weekenders. About 15 miles west of us housing is about half what it is here.

27 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Define skilled?

My area is about as rural as it gets and if you are working anything outside restaurants you are making well over $15.00/hr.   Upper $20's/Hr when including bennies. 

Butchers, insurance billing, cooks, construction labor,and even plumbing and electrical.  Bennies, aren't included in Fed. min. wage.

9 hours ago, Edmo said:

A fair number here commute to NY<NJ everyday , fuck that the money is great but the traffic and the drive really sucks.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

Butchers, insurance billing, cooks, construction labor,and even plumbing and electrical.  Bennies, aren't included in Fed. min. wage.

My boy is looking for a laborer to work with him plumbing.

No one biting at $17.50.

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

And there house even today is 70g for a equivalent city or suburban home it would be 300k 

Double that here for a house on average,140/150 seems to be average.

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

My boy is looking for a laborer to work with him plumbing.

No one biting at $17.50.

Very hard to find anyone younger these days to get into the trades.  

I went back doing some select jobs in 2014, because people just couldn't get any company to do the job do to lack of help.