Check your account email address ×

I know it’s early BUUUTTTTT.....

41 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

All the parks down in Florida are open. Sooner or later, these dem governors are going to be forced into submission on some of this stuff. At least we can hope so anyway. 

Waltz does not give a rat ass what Florida and the sorrunding states are doing. 

On 4/15/2021 at 4:09 PM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

No fuckin way would I be driving all that way, for that shit. 

There was a bunch of different people in Michigan talking about trying to do a Haydays in Michigan for a few years. Nothing ever happened. I find it funny that there isn’t something like that around this state. They use to have a few outdoor shoes but nothing on the scale of Haydays and there are a lot of people that ride in this state. Shouldn’t be a problem to get decent attendance numbers. 

I went to Nelsons deal a few times. When they had the snow  that was buried in the woods, Grass drags too. Fun in its time

Edited by racerdave

On 4/14/2021 at 9:09 PM, Doug said:

It's been awhile 

Hay 1.jpg

Hay 2.jpg

Hay 3.jpg

YEP...A blast from the past....Jim Cebulski was an old riding/racing bud of mine back then...Last I heard he was retired from local 597 fitters in Chicago, and now retired in Florida...Havent seen one of those "CPI" stickers thats on his hood in decades...That company was owned by Barry Rose in Lemont,il back then...Matter of fact Barry gave us his Open Mod 440 to take with us in 1991 to race @ the Minocqua Cup that year...Made the finals in OM440 finished 4th...Made the finals in HM 440 finished 2nd..."Fast Freddie Klies" who built that rear engine sled was also a friend of mine..."Supertuner" was his username on the old amsnow/racing forum...Unfortunately Fred was involved in a bad auto accident several years ago and suffered a serious TBI and finally succombed to his injuries...He was the smartest guy on the planet when it came to tuning Lectron Carbs...He always kept me updated on his Kawi 750 H2 projects he had going back then...He could make those bikes fly with his turbo/N2O skills...Still some vids of him drag racing his H2 on Youtube...Godspeed...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SlugsOnSleds said:

YEP...A blast from the past....Jim Cebulski was an old riding/racing bud of mine back then...Last I heard he was retired from local 597 fitters in Chicago, and now retired in Florida...Havent seen one of those "CPI" stickers thats on his hood in decades...That company was owned by Barry Rose in Lemont,il back then...Matter of fact Barry gave us his Open Mod 440 to take with us in 1991 to race @ the Minocqua Cup that year...Made the finals in OM440 finished 4th...Made the finals in HM 440 finished 2nd..."Fast Freddie Klies" who built that rear engine sled was also a friend of mine..."Supertuner" was his username on the old amsnow/racing forum...Unfortunately Fred was involved in a bad auto accident several years ago and suffered a serious TBI and finally succombed to his injuries...He was the smartest guy on the planet when it came to tuning Lectron Carbs...He always kept me updated on his Kawi 750 H2 projects he had going back then...He could make those bikes fly with his turbo/N2O skills...Still some vids of him drag racing his H2 on Youtube...Godspeed...

SHOOT2KILL2 (or should I say MELROSEMAFIA?) is in the house!?!?!  I thought you had "excused yourself" from this site ... nice to see another HCS degenerate :lol:

On 4/14/2021 at 9:09 PM, Doug said:

It's been awhile 

Hay 1.jpg

Hay 2.jpg

Hay 3.jpg

Every time I hear Normans name I cringe and replay, in my head,  the bad accident he had on his open mod! OUCH!

On 4/23/2021 at 12:08 PM, fastsleddr said:

Want mine? I'm cleanin house!

Thanks, but then I'd just have more stuff to get rid of. 2 weeks ago I got rid of my cooler, hoses and pump from my grass drag cool down cart. Last used in 1996 or so. Just turned the homemade cart itself into a yard card yesterday. All in my garage attic untouched since 96.

On 4/22/2021 at 12:26 PM, mnstang said:

176869839_10161024409830299_8462442955281334006_n.jpg

I hope it works out.  They were still sending reminders to previous years vendors last year to get their deposits in to guarantee their sights just days before they "postponed" the event.  They did not refund the deposits because the event was not "canceled" but "postponed'

19 minutes ago, Doug said:

I hope it works out.  They were still sending reminders to previous years vendors last year to get their deposits in to guarantee their sights just days before they "postponed" the event.  They did not refund the deposits because the event was not "canceled" but "postponed'

And I’ll bet a LARGE amount of those vendors take them up on it. Haydays is a cash cow. I’ve watched people be a vendor there just to break even year after year for the exposure and to move a bunch of product only. 

6 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

And I’ll bet a LARGE amount of those vendors take them up on it. Haydays is a cash cow. I’ve watched people be a vendor there just to break even year after year for the exposure and to move a bunch of product only. 

The guys I know each take 4spots min. for the swap meet and also have campers.  They are always charged for camping and I don't know how long ago but also get charged per foot for the size of campers.  I hope everything does come together and Haydays happens, it brings a lot of enthusiasm for the coming season.  On the flip size they also went to some of the more local ones that poped up and sold just as much product and made out better for the bottom line.  They are guys that have good inventory of quality used and NOS parts.  I'm sure the aftermarket guys have different outlook.

3 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Well back to the 50’s bites the dust for this year already. 

921307F9-4DB5-40BB-9BAF-F102D964FAB9.jpeg

I've a good deal of friends that are regulars at that one... but again, not this year.

Another really fun 50's traditional show that's off most peoples radar is in Symco WI 

https://www.symcohotrods.com/ 

Luckily, Wisco is less nanny-state than MN