I know it’s early BUUUTTTTT.....

With the dumbass Governor we've got in this state and his perpetual "Another 30 days of emergency powers" .... I'm gonna say NOPE.  But we'll see how the vaccinations play out, and what the state does with other summer/outdoor venues to set the precedent.  I sure hope Hay Days happens, but I wouldn't bet on it.

A number of the vendors at least the ones I know they kept their deposits because it was not "canceled" but "postponed".  If they don't have it this year that will be an interesting topic.  There was a couple other swapmeets that happened last year at least in Wisconsin that poped up that had real good results and reviews at a more affordable cost.

54 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I would bet $ haydays is going to happen.  

Oh, I'm sure it'll be awesome .... this year it'll be hot as hell, people will be forced to mask up, and walk around in pods of 6 or less, with a maximum capacity of 2000 at any given time.  That's the kind of shit this stupid state would force down our throats.

As Doug stated- there were a few alternatives last year that capitalized on the absence of HayDays. Eagle River had a great turn out. The Sno Barons are going to have to do something to protect that event. I'd be shocked if they don't have it in some capacity.....

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bontz said:

Oh, I'm sure it'll be awesome .... this year it'll be hot as hell, people will be forced to mask up, and walk around in pods of 6 or less, with a maximum capacity of 2000 at any given time.  That's the kind of shit this stupid state would force down our throats.

Why do I see a massive amount of people "forgetting" their masks for this.....and nobody giving two shits about it.  Let Sno-Barons try to employ the mask police...and enforce it.  :lol: 

Total shit show....making national news.  

Nawww....I'm betting the Gubment just won't allow it to happen again.

I would bet sno barons do what they did last year say that its on , then pull the plug if they are forced to by the county. 

Minnesota is a dumpster fire right now between its dumbass governor, It dumbass senator, its dumbass representative ,  and the shit show thats being allowed to go on in Minneapolis.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring , better just throw up a big top over the heart of minnesota and sell tickets. 

• Like 1

I hope the fine people of Wisconsin have been working on this since last year, and are close to having a "Plan B" if Hay Days doesn't happen (bigger and better than what they came up with last year).  Screw MN and the absurd level of idiocy running this state!!!

43 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I would bet sno barons do what they did last year say that its on , then pull the plug if they are forced to by the county. 

Minnesota is a dumpster fire right now between its dumbass governor, It dumbass senator, its dumbass representative ,  and the shit show thats being allowed to go on in Minneapolis.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring , better just throw up a big top over the heart of minnesota and sell tickets. 

Don't forget the dumbass attorney general terrorist.  And dumbass voters in the cities.

Edited by mnstang
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

I hope the fine people of Wisconsin have been working on this since last year, and are close to having a "Plan B" if Hay Days doesn't happen (bigger and better than what they came up with last year).  Screw MN and the absurd level of idiocy running this state!!!

A large public space (farm, parcel, etc) and a "tip" jar would get it done.  Venders would be "willy nilly" set up like sideshow beggars.  Invite only...handed out once you pass onto private property.  It'd probably be the biggest ever and the inconvenience of it would be easily accepted.

18 hours ago, Bontz said:

No fuckin way would I be driving all that way, for that shit. 

8 hours ago, Bontz said:

There was a bunch of different people in Michigan talking about trying to do a Haydays in Michigan for a few years. Nothing ever happened. I find it funny that there isn’t something like that around this state. They use to have a few outdoor shoes but nothing on the scale of Haydays and there are a lot of people that ride in this state. Shouldn’t be a problem to get decent attendance numbers. 

Yep, I hear ya loud & clear Nick :thumbsup:  A one year deal hiatus with the situation last year .... I could understand, even if I was a long time vendor at Hay Days.  But two years in a row, when that even has to be a huge contributor to sales?  I don't think that would sit so well & if another venue were made available I'd give the ol' :finger2:to Minnesota (not the SnoBarons' fault).

5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Yep, I hear ya loud & clear Nick :thumbsup:  A one year deal hiatus with the situation last year .... I could understand, even if I was a long time vendor at Hay Days.  But two years in a row, when that even has to be a huge contributor to sales?  I don't think that would sit so well & if another venue were made available I'd give the ol' :finger2:to Minnesota (not the SnoBarons' fault).

The bad part? Even if they cancel again this year, I bet that a lot of the vendors and the swap meet people go back. A lot of heritage there. Paul may never spend the money to be a vendor out there again. At least not at the level he did before. Cant say that I miss my yearly run in with ol Big Fuse - Ed though. :lol:

5 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

The bad part? Even if they cancel again this year, I bet that a lot of the vendors and the swap meet people go back. A lot of heritage there. Paul may never spend the money to be a vendor out there again. At least not at the level he did before. Cant say that I miss my yearly run in with ol Big Fuse - Ed though. :lol:

Oh, I agree ... 100%    Especially the vendors that are relatively close and don't have huge drives with their trailers and equipment.  And you're right, even the ones that travel a long way - there'll still be ones who get past this & continue to be part of it.  I'm just saying, for me ... it would piss me the hell off and I'd want nothing to do with Minnesota.  Of course I'm biased since I live in this shit hole state LOL

As far as Ed goes ... I thought I heard someone say he wasn't doing so well, health wise?  Hopefully I'm wrong, but I thought someone said that a couple months ago.  

The big factor in Minnesota to watch is if they allow the state fair to happen. Haydays brings in as many people per day as that event. If they do not allow the fair there is no way in hell they will allow haydays 

44 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The big factor in Minnesota to watch is if they allow the state fair to happen. Haydays brings in as many people per day as that event. If they do not allow the fair there is no way in hell they will allow haydays 

All the parks down in Florida are open. Sooner or later, these dem governors are going to be forced into submission on some of this stuff. At least we can hope so anyway.