Check your account email address ×

New Mach Z under rated?

Rod

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

What are the effects of bent studs on final drive ratio?

are they all bent.  Studs would be an interesting theory to add.  they would not suffer from the lugs bending so put on a hard flat surface would certainly prove that 1 revolution would move the sled further as it's not riding on the belt of the track it's clearly riding on the tips of the studs :news:

Edited by Angry ginger

Just now, Skidooski said:

It took me maybe 10 minutes my first time riding a 1200 to get used to the throttle. It's really not a big deal 

I never noticed an issue with the 1200 when i hopped on one.  it was the first thing i noticed on the 900T

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I never noticed an issue with the 1200 when i hopped on one.  it was the first thing i noticed on the 900T

I have yet to try the 900T :hdchr:

16 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I have yet to try the 900T :hdchr:

I've owned both the 1200 w/ iTC and now the 900T.  Had no issues with the throttle on my 1200 but always ran it in sport mode because the other modes for me cut performance a bit too much.  900T is better in that sport mode is instant response and normal mode just dials back the response on take-off but you still get top speed.

Will be interesting to see what adding in the cable actually does although I won't be in the market for a new sled for awhile and may be many years if we keep having the short season we just had.

51 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

are they all bent.  Studs would be an interesting theory to add.  they would not suffer from the lugs bending so put on a hard flat surface would certainly prove that 1 revolution would move the sled further as it's not riding on the belt of the track it's clearly riding on the tips of the studs :nws:  

:snack: case reopened.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Bending of the stud prevents a pull through. Preventing the stud from bending transmits all the stress to the head of the stud and track. You aren’t thinking about a pull through correctly 

I've never had a double backer pull thru of any type.   As far as the Stud Boy pro lites I only use doubles down the middle on the turbo's.   I'd use the singles on 850's or less.  

40 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I've never had a double backer pull thru of any type.   As far as the Stud Boy pro lites I only use doubles down the middle on the turbo's.   I'd use the singles on 850's or less.  

Because it would have to pull both studs through 

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Because it would have to pull both studs through 

:lol:  Of course.  Less flex altogether.  

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You spelled "with" using a symbol.  Is you hye?

You’ll be hard pressed to find anyone running studs here 

different conditions 

On 3/17/2021 at 10:07 AM, fortune46x said:

@Tommcat you want to chime in on this one ? 

@ckf can we move this to the gdf so things can get on topic for shit posting

just saw this, sorry.

i'm looking forward to getting the mach in here and seeing what can be done. the current 900t runs very well with a 180 tune and some drivetrain mods, so the changes they made on the mach motor should let a simple tune put it easily over 200 horses.

only time will tell if it will have the ability to make 275-300 horses on fairly minor tunes and mods, i'm hoping so though.

• Like 1