Check your account email address ×

Vaccine is wonderful

f7ben

My stupid SIL got the vaccine and was so proud. She developed a massive migraine 48hrs later and has had it ever since. She can’t work or do anything except suffer. What a fucking moron

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I wonder how long before employers are forced to pay for time off for people who get significant symptoms from the vaccine?  

• Gold Member
33 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My stupid SIL got the vaccine and was so proud. She developed a massive migraine 48hrs later and has had it ever since. She can’t work or do anything except suffer. What a fucking moron

She hasn't suffered enough, give her a call. :lol:

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s not that bad. 

Some reports are people being pretty sick for a few days.   Chances are the majority of that is people just looking for more time off.   I'm telling you with some employee's its created issues.   

Employee: "Oh I was around someone who was around someone who was around someone a few weeks ago I should quarantine for 10 days."

Employer: Are you symptomatic?

Employee: No.

Employer: Well to be safe go get tested.   You have 80 hrs paid coming to you if you test positive.   If you are out beyond that between testing and quarantine that goes against your personal days.

Employee:  But I'm scheduled to go on vacation tomorrow?

Employer:   Really..... :lol:  Wouldn't by chance be trying to use COVID to save your vacation paid time?

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Who was the supplier of the vaccine she got ?

Wife decided she was going to get it. First shot no problem. Just injection site soreness. Quite a few of her coworkers got the second shot and have had varying complications. Body aches, fever, chills, nausea and headache were pretty common. I let her know I increased her life insurance before the first shot. If looks could kill........

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I wonder how long before employers are forced to pay for time off for people who get significant symptoms from the vaccine?  

We got our ass kicked with the Cares Act this year. We have really had to put the screws to guys so they dont try to get a paid 2 week COVID vacation. And some have tried! 

39 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Why are you getting a vaccine for a virus with a 99.997 survival rate?

Did I say I was getting one?   My wife is a dental hygienist.   Only works a few days a month on average but it might become mandatory for her to work so she got it when it was available to her.   The risk of infection no matter how bad the virus is or isn't is high in dental offices with all the saliva spray they deal with.  They mask up more than in doctors offices. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1