Check your account email address ×

Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

BV2s are a great helmet, but they are heavy and useless in a freezing rain storm. That’s where you need a heated shield. On the other hand I love my new oxygen, but God help you if it’s not plugged in.   And almost all of them are ridiculously overpriced now.

No kidding...non electric version of this CKX was 462.00 shipped.🤯

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m going non electric with this CKX and hopefully it lives up to the reviews.👍🏼🇺🇸

Dont blame ya. As far as Im concerned any helmet that needs heat is a POS.

17 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

BV2s are a great helmet, but they are heavy and useless in a freezing rain storm. That’s where you need a heated shield. On the other hand I love my new oxygen, but God help you if it’s not plugged in.   And almost all of them are ridiculously overpriced now.

any helmet needs the electric in the freezing rain.   it's why i got the electric shield even though i never used it.  A carbon fiber version at 2/3 the weight would have been perfect because it is heavy.  

7 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

any helmet needs the electric in the freezing rain.   it's why i got the electric shield even though i never used it.  A carbon fiber version at 2/3 the weight would have been perfect because it is heavy.  

Yup, I’ll never buy a helmet without a heated shield again. For whatever reason northern NH gets a lot of freezing drizzle and freezing fog and I use my heated shield way more than anywhere else I’ve ridden. The one on my BV2S broke a couple years ago and until I got it replaced it got coated in solid ice a few times. Not fun when you’ve gotta stop and hold your bare hand on the ice just to melt it so you can see again.

On 12/28/2020 at 1:47 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

Just ordered one of these baby’s...still have the MotoX and goggles but time to give something else a try...read some great reviews....

https://www.ckxgear.com/en-us/page/mission-snowmobile-helmet

Looks like a decent helmet. Love the Bv2s but they are built with cheap parts now. Still work good but I question how safe they are. 

Just now, s pump said:

Looks like a decent helmet. Love the Bv2s but they are built with cheap parts now. Still work good but I question how safe they are. 

Analer has a CKX Titan and loves it and this is a new model for this year...all the reviews are positive so we shall see.👍🏼

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Last snowmobile gear purchase for awhile....

0CF0CCCB-719D-4007-A3E7-775FF06966C9.jpeg.d9806ab403d6e0ed30e4f42747150f41.jpeg

I run those, really like them, probably the best glove I have owned

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I run those, really like them, probably the best glove I have owned

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

x2

Good to hear...I spent a couple hours last night looking on different sites and reading reviews...I have a pair of FXRs that are similar but they are the gauntlet style so I know the quality is good.👍🏼

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good to hear...I spent a couple hours last night looking on different sites and reading reviews...I have a pair of FXRs that are similar but they are the gauntlet style so I know the quality is good.👍🏼

ANd the guts dont come out if you pull a wet hand out of them. SUcks when that happens trailside.

• Like 2

Just now, steve from amherst said:

ANd the guts dont come out if you pull a wet hand out of them. SUcks when that happens trailside.

I fucking hate that...that’s an issue with some of the Klim gloves.🤬

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

only issue with that style of gloves ( i wore klims version for years) is making sure you use the gaiters at the sleeves as it's easy to get frostbit on the wrist when the jacket pulls up vs a gauntlet style

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 9:17 AM, Jimmy Snacks said:

No kidding...non electric version of this CKX was 462.00 shipped.🤯

Ckx makes good stuff, brp charges like $600 for a new oxygen and personally I would buy a ckx over a brp product. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 7:22 AM, Anler said:

You get run over by your own sled, lummox?

stopped dead on the spot, hit a 5gal pail going down steep embankment luckily only 3mph feet over the head landed my 300lbs carcass exactly like that. They thought I was dead. it was all slow motion. no damage to the sled nor me bruise forearm hit ski tip and dizzy for a few moments

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Original Lummox said:

stopped dead on the spot, hit a 5gal pail going down steep embankment luckily only 3mph feet over the head landed my 300lbs carcass exactly like that. They thought I was dead. it was all slow motion. no damage to the sled nor me bruise forearm hit ski tip and dizzy for a few moments

Sounds like the time BobbyNJ went over the front of his sled and it rolled on top of him.  :lol:   Glad you weren't hurt  :bc: 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, smokin george said:

I have tried quite a few different brands over the years and the pair I've worn for at least 15yrs have given up their nine lives. They're not keeping the hands warm get wet thru now. I have a new of the same that I'll start wearing now.

I purchased these last year on sale and so far so good. They were exactly what I was looking for to replace my worn out CKX's that I had worn for years. Like what was said above, I looked at many and it always seemed like the inners came out when you removed your hand, which is something I will not tolerate.

https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/en/riding-gear/men/cold-weather/gloves/yamaha-leather-gauntlet-gloves-by-fxrr/180-80314-00

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Sounds like the time BobbyNJ went over the front of his sled and it rolled on top of him.  :lol:   Glad you weren't hurt  :bc: 

2 yrs ago we were coming back to Jackman from pittston farm. Came into that new clearcut and couldn't see a thing. SO I backed off throttle. Next thing I knew I felt a thump at the back of the sled and my bud was flying over my shoulder and helmet. Then his sled passed me and just kinda stopped in the middle of the trail. 

He was covered in snow and pulled his helmet off with a " what the fuck just happened " look on his face.

• Haha 2