Check your account email address ×

Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

19 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

You decided to buy new and called the dealer and said what’s queerest/slowest sled ya got?  

No wonder you thought your Mach cheese was fast. :lol: 

STFU, and show us pics of AC KITTY'S juggs, Mr. Big Shot!!   

On 11/30/2020 at 8:06 PM, racinfarmer said:

Digging through some old photos and found some pics of ye ole Trailcat!  Cleats with no real traction, you can drive it slideways around corners quite well.  

20151220_140657.jpg

LOL that was my first sled, had it for years. Think it was a 1979. My old man rode it until he bought a new El Tigre 6000...ready for this......3500.00 off showroom floor. I rode that Trail Cat for years. Suspension sucked on it, was a back breaker. My old man wouldn't help me upgrade the suspension. Me and a few buddies were out one day and she died, we poped the hood he said I know whats wrong! He did something, pulled the cord, she fired revved and took off...Over a snow bank into a mail box, well more over the mailbox and hard into a fire hydrant. Busted entire front end to pieces!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

6DE1176F-8535-4712-A2B6-144D9E76494D.thumb.png.9b659c44d4596235c2383f21f7c64c2e.png

Praying. I got a house in conover, WI this weekend because the forecast had snow there and now everything has changed. Going to have to head to the yoop to do some riding now so hopefully they get that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

LOL that was my first sled, had it for years. Think it was a 1979. My old man rode it until he bought a new El Tigre 6000...ready for this......3500.00 off showroom floor. I rode that Trail Cat for years. Suspension sucked on it, was a back breaker. My old man wouldn't help me upgrade the suspension. Me and a few buddies were out one day and she died, we poped the hood he said I know whats wrong! He did something, pulled the cord, she fired revved and took off...Over a snow bank into a mail box, well more over the mailbox and hard into a fire hydrant. Busted entire front end to pieces!!!

For as much beating as this one takes, I've only broken a throttle cable due to my own stupidity and some bolt in the rear skid.  It doesn't have the Trailcat skid/shocks in it.

The price was right and it has been something entertaining to tinker withl

On 12/16/2020 at 4:08 PM, Angry ginger said:

i really see no value in buying new sleds.  esp when a few months ago there were deals on low miles SBA's that would do everything as well for 25% less.  my last 2 used ones were far better financial decisions that the new one in the middle that was basically the same.  

My 18 SKS turned out to be the lowest cost per mile sled I've owned in years. $.63/mile.

On 12/18/2020 at 3:46 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

Here’s a couple more they sent me...this baby seems light years ahead of the 14 SBA I had...them again I’m like a dopey kid on Christmas Morning right now. 🤣🤣😜

7B53EE9A-B60F-43D0-8A1B-A5F0DC2D830B.thumb.jpeg.67f79abf76e9c7870b0a7dcbc6b6202a.jpeg7FDC9FC6-41C5-492E-AA86-50054FEB40A4.thumb.jpeg.00ba670aa34d5af751280ed7ab7834bc.jpeg

Oh, you're gonna like that.

On 12/19/2020 at 1:47 PM, DriftBusta said:

Quick 100 on

FA86F8EA-E384-4FAE-A031-0857EA8929E4.jpeg

D53AF195-D02B-4AAE-A971-7B2C01BCC665.jpeg

Sexy Bish right there

4 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Backcountry track? The 850 runs really well, IMO. It would definitely be a handful in a sled on the trail with plenty of traction. :bc:

I thought my 800 Polaris ran good. This Ay Fiddy is stout. Got blisters from hanging on.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, s pump said:

Oh, you're gonna like that.

Sexy Bish right there

I thought my 800 Polaris ran good. This Ay Fiddy is stout. Got blisters from hanging on.

Yeah I’m pretty stoked about it! 👍🏼
So your new Doo treated you well? 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah I’m pretty stoked about it! 👍🏼
So your new Doo treated you well? 

Hard saying really. They roll the trails up there early season so there are 15 raised groves frozen into the trail. I was darting all over and not sure how far off course I would get so I took it easy but had a death grip on the bars bad enough to get blisters. I soften up the front end 3 clicks and that improved the dartiness but really didn't push it with the lack of snow. The sled fucking hooks, lifts the skis and goes. Great on water bars and such. It will be awesome once its set up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

1.6 Cobra and yeah I can’t wait to let that 850 breathe!👍🏼🇺🇸

Dude nice ride!   I have the 1.6 on my Back country, its awesome if you're slightly biased more on trail than off.  Still plenty capable off trail.  :bc: 

5 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Gotcha. Hard to tell by the pic. Had a 1.6 ice cobra on my trail sled when it was still 137”. I really liked that track. 

Ive only ridden 155 RMKs with the 850 and it’s an animal in even the deepest shit I could find. Makes my ‘15 800 feel like a 600, IMO. 

The Axys SBA skid is leap years ahead of the Pro rear skid in trail manners too. I didn’t think that either of my Pro SBAs were that bad but I didn’t buy them to trail ride either. With already having my 155 for off trail riding I went back to 121 for trail riding. Less forward traction but more fun to toss around in the corners and such. 

The color combos that Polaris keeps throwing out there while not always appealing to everyone, sure is a breath of fresh air though. I think they really do well with all of the options available at snow check. I’d still like to force myself to try a 900T XRS Gade for trail riding though. I’ve just never been a fan of the Doo front suspension/steering but the XRS suspension can really eat up the bad shit like crazy. I think the 900T would be a great comprise of longevity and power too. 

My recent sledding saga went something like I went from an SKS 800 that I rode a couple seasons and around 2700 miles.  Sold it and got a 17 Assault and loved life on that thing for about 3000 miles until it blew itself to bits at the beginning of its 3rd season.  Sold that for 5500 with a blown motor and bought a new 19 Renegade Turbo.  No better all around trail sled imo.  The weight/power ratio is perfect.  Will run and out run most 800 and 850s, but easy effortless power and no oil saves hundreds.  I put a 1.75" track, and some Pilot 6.9s and it was pretty damn impressive where you could put that thing.  I loved it until I put it on the roof climbing a small rise offtrail and grenaded that motor after it ran too long before I could get to the kill switch.  Don't ask what a new motor costs.  :lol: 

35 minutes ago, s pump said:

Hard saying really. They roll the trails up there early season so there are 15 raised groves frozen into the trail. I was darting all over and not sure how far off course I would get so I took it easy but had a death grip on the bars bad enough to get blisters. I soften up the front end 3 clicks and that improved the dartiness but really didn't push it with the lack of snow. The sled fucking hooks, lifts the skis and goes. Great on water bars and such. It will be awesome once its set up.

Skis. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Was getting the trailer/truck ready to go look at a 2004 Ski-Doo GSX 600, about an hour away. 

Was changing the trailer ball over, and said fuck it.

Texted the guy and told him I'm either not buying anything, or buying new. 

I looked on-line in the area, and I can't find anything that I want! 

No Polaris INDY 500, shorty or AC ZR3000, left-over. 

I did locate an AC 3000 Left-over in PA, but it went from 7400 advertised to 8990 DELIVERED TO MY BACK YARD. nah. 

I think maybe sleds are sellin'. 

Fuck it, I will just use the quad for the few times I get out there. 

You had no intention what so ever of buying it !!! 

56 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

A81D8098-D699-4296-8A42-059859E36C51.thumb.png.82e0342fe6fe2452f3a9293d45c3b9ea.png

Well it rained like a mofo and was 45 yesterday in the lower so we’re basically down to grass again. Calling for 2-7 today, hoping for 7 lolz.

8 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Well it rained like a mofo and was 45 yesterday in the lower so we’re basically down to grass again. Calling for 2-7 today, hoping for 7 lolz.

Haha..I was looking out the window last night like this...😳

This morning....😜☺️

@Anler Check it out...sounds damn good up there!

Groomer dude says 14” and it’s still coming down...7 degrees and the trails are great.🇺🇸👍🏼

https://www.facebook.com/GogebicRangeTrailAuthority/videos/129319152327438/

Edited by Jimmy Snacks