Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

On 12/24/2020 at 9:26 AM, Edmo said:

Well it rained like a mofo and was 45 yesterday in the lower so we’re basically down to grass again. Calling for 2-7 today, hoping for 7 lolz.

Raining here since yesterday. Just got called in on OT to do water filters for the night.

Double time and a half 👍

Supposed to turn to snow soon.

27 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

where CKF and i used to ride the rail bed was the #1 destroyer of sleds.  They refuse to yank the rails and switches so in low snow they would take off suspensions or get jammed in switches,  

I rode down them Wed from Poly’s Crossing till you get off’m headed towards Wakefield. They where fine. Now the snow’s gone. Brutal couple of days.

Went out local yesterday nothing big more time at the fire at the shelter than on the trail but lots of guys out and hanging out at shelter with bars closed. Pretty cool actually.  I picked up a few bags of buns and dogs on the way out  and we burnt them up . Club guy who ownes a local brewery brought down a bunch of beer . Did a 35 mi loop picking up busted branches along the way.  Groomer getting brought down Monday.  Shaping up for local riding anyway 

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

Just ordered one of these baby’s...still have the MotoX and goggles but time to give something else a try...read some great reviews....

https://www.ckxgear.com/en-us/page/mission-snowmobile-helmet

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smokin george said:

Ours are clear and graded every year. The atv club/ township spent $100K on gravel this summer and did a long stretch of it. 

They had to put gravel on one of ours to stabilize it because it’s all sand. Gets exciting with a low base getting pelted with rocks. I never go that way now until later in the season. 

we have a bunch of never used tracks that would be nice if they would pull them.   but the railroad company does not want to give them up just in case.   RR at a million a mile plus will never go back to these areas so it's stupid.  Down here in the southern part we did hav a bunch of rail pulled decades ago.  When there is a little snow it takes the tards about 2 hours to churn all the fresh snow into the dirt to ensure it melts quicker.  think the last time i rode southern NH was 2004 or 2005.  northern 2011.  Since then maine, qb and NB

On 12/26/2020 at 4:35 PM, Fireball 440 said:

Put 46 miles on today riding forest roads and ungroomed trails! A good total body workout!

IMG_20201226_153921_9.jpg

How was the Yukon? I was thinking about going there but I was having too much fun on the logging roads in my area.

Edited by MnDean

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Just ordered one of these baby’s...still have the MotoX and goggles but time to give something else a try...read some great reviews....

Let me know how it works out. I fucking hate my helmet.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Let me know how it works out. Looking for a new one myself.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Let me know how it works out. I fucking hate my helmet.

2 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Let me know how it works out. Looking for a new one myself.

Will do..supposed to be here the 31st.👍🏼

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don't mind bumps...it's the "clicks" I don't like.  They tell me it's just not ready yet.

There were a couple of clicks as well.  I didn't ride the NSST but I'm sure it was 10 times better than the Yukon, basically the same as it is in the summer just with snow on top.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

be interesting to see if it really can clear the breath without an electric shield.   After going to the BV2S i'd be hardpressed to need to be tethered again.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

be interesting to see if it really can clear the breath without an electric shield.   After going to the BV2S i'd be hardpressed to need to be tethered again.  

Bought one last yr that sucks. Without heat it ices in minutes and the fucking cord comes undone every turn. Obviously ya dont notice it's unplugged till ya start icing.

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Bought one last yr that sucks. Without heat it ices in minutes and the fucking cord comes undone every turn. Obviously ya dont notice it's unplugged till ya start icing.

I tried a cheap modular and then got the BVS.  Prob rode 10k miles with it and never once plugged it in.  Couple times some fogging started because i ddin't seat the cup properly but once fixed all good.  

BV2s are a great helmet, but they are heavy and useless in a freezing rain storm. That’s where you need a heated shield. On the other hand I love my new oxygen, but God help you if it’s not plugged in.   And almost all of them are ridiculously overpriced now.

• Like 1