Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

• Platinum Contributing Member
42 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Ended up with about 20 miles on this morning.  Couldn't help myself anymore.

Cat photobomb'ing in the window.  Bastard.  

PXL_20210101_164254844[1].jpg

That's a sharp looking sled:bc:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Another bunch of lake running miles for another 85 or so today.  

Stopped by a place serving outdoor BBQ for lunch.

Oh the possibilities on where to ride!

PXL_20210102_195824186[1].jpg

PXL_20210102_183537800[1].jpg

Nice bluebird day! :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nice bluebird day! :thumbsup:

If we'd have enough snow to actual pound diamonds and ditches, I'd have had 250+ on today.

Only wish I had an ice track on that sled for ripping around the lake.  Snow really isn't stuck to the ice, so need to ride with a head on you.  It should be warm enough to change that this week though, if it doesn't all melt.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Awesome... @Woodtick is this trail in your neck of the woods?

3EDC1E66-1D12-416D-829C-8D7669D03FCF.thumb.png.d4c328e1f7e2fc895aeffd0c2c8f67c1.png

That’s not far from where his place is. We rode mostly forest roads. Didn’t try to get anywhere far. The trail is still thin with zero base in spots.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Jim , ya helmet come in yet?

Tomorrow 👍🏼

13 minutes ago, Edmo said:

That’s not far from where his place is. We rode mostly forest roads. Didn’t try to get anywhere far. The trail is still thin with zero base in spots.

Right on...forest roads are a hoot! 
How is the new ride treating you? 

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Tomorrow 👍🏼

Right on...forest roads are a hoot! 
How is the new ride treating you? 

Love it. Great power, handling, and that gauge is the bomb. Love the 1.5 storm track.
We were on some goat paths and I knew where we were at all times. I never used gps so this is new to me, comes in real handy if you don’t know the area.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Love it. Great power, handling, and that gauge is the bomb. Love the 1.5 storm track.
We were on some goat paths and I knew where we were at all times. I never used gps so this is new to me, comes in real handy if you don’t know the area.

I’m really impressed with that gps. Never seen one pick up that much detail when on those two tracks we took you through. Typically,you need a paper forest map to find them . Those trails out in the plains usually have to be down loaded.  Jimmy,that area is always bad early season. I don’t like to ride that area until spring. It’s a shit show destination area. To crowded for me. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Nice...glad you’re enjoying it!👍🏼

23 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’m really impressed with that gps. Never seen one pick up that much detail when on those two tracks we took you through. Typically,you need a paper forest map to find them . Those trails out in the plains usually have to be down loaded.  Jimmy,that area is always bad early season. I don’t like to ride that area until spring. It’s a shit show destination area. To crowded for me. 

I follow that trail organization and it thought they might be in your area and I hear ya there...off trail and forest roads FTW.👍🏼

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I follow that trail organization and it thought they might be in your area and I hear ya there...off trail and forest roads FTW.👍🏼

They cover a huge area. South of M-28 can be a real shit show with traffic.  North of M-28 gets better with less traffic and more lake effect. People staying in Wisconsin ride up to the lake for lunch and head back. Tons of bars with great food on that lake.  They groom the area that is 30 miles from me. That area becomes a ghost town in March and that’s when I ride it. It’s a really boring RR grade ride to get over there. Some of its fun,most runs along side M-28. If one is looking to put miles on the clicker,it’s really easy to do. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

They cover a huge area. South of M-28 can be a real shit show with traffic.  North of M-28 gets better with less traffic and more lake effect. People staying in Wisconsin ride up to the lake for lunch and head back. Tons of bars with great food on that lake.  They groom the area that is 30 miles from me. That area becomes a ghost town in March and that’s when I ride it. It’s a really boring RR grade ride to get over there. Some of its fun,most runs along side M-28. If one is looking to put miles on the clicker,it’s really easy to do. 

Good info...I haven’t ventured over that way...we used to ride out of my buddy’s place south of Munising...some trail..a lot of forest roads....good times! 👍🏼🇺🇸

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good info...I haven’t ventured over that way...we used to ride out of my buddy’s place south of Munising...some trail..a lot of forest roads....good times! 👍🏼🇺🇸

Lots of roads north of 28. Big tracks of farm land and private to the south. The trail headed up to Mass,Rockland area is real nice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

what did you end up with?  I'm not super impressed with the Garmin 276cx I got.  Maybe its just over my head  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

what did you end up with?  I'm not super impressed with the Garmin 276cx I got.  Maybe its just over my head  :lol: 

I never bought one. Friends have always had them. I have a older Sony that I used to use. It would stall and go real slow . The one on the poo is accurate at 90 mph in the middle of nowhere. Shows every little turn coming up. There were 3 2021 in the group for a few days. All very impressed with the upgrade. I was taking Edmo on some goat paths,and stopping to look at his screen. I was impressed it knew where we were. Some of these roads didn’t have numbers. Skidder trails if you will.

Just now, Woodtick said:

I never bought one. Friends have always had them. I have a older Sony that I used to use. It would stall and go real slow . The one on the poo is accurate at 90 mph in the middle of nowhere. Shows every little turn coming up. There were 3 2021 in the group for a few days. All very impressed with the upgrade. I was taking Edmo on some goat paths,and stopping to look at his screen. I was impressed it knew where we were. Some of these roads didn’t have numbers. Skidder trails if you will.

I had the first gen PIDD gauge and liked it just fine, particularly it being build in.  The new one looks pretty awesome, as long as its intuitive and easy to use out in the middle of bumfuck.  Biggest issue I'm having with mine right now is half the trails on my trailmaps software, aren't showing up, and its just not an easy to use on the trail imo.  I'm still working on it, season 2.

• Like 1