Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

7 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Went out to see if there was enough snow to ride on this morning and stopped to check the new asparagus patch.  

Pretty sure it was green last year...

IMG_20170501_095450855_HDR1_zpspqilusnc.

how many yrs are u suppose to let it go to seed before picking ?

I have a bunch of smelly piss waiting on me but it is yr 2 . last yr first yr let it go to seed

16 minutes ago, Doos said:

Huh, I thought it was owned by Beam. Go figure.

i certainly wouldn't pay for it if I were getting Maker's for free.

12 hours ago, Cold War said:

Can you imagine? 

tmp_21493-IMG_20170429_181741118-1554731610.jpg

tmp_21493-IMG_20170429_181751333443661097.jpg

one of my customers is a importer of wine . he sells to all the high end restaurants in town  and a few of the liquor stores. he is in Italy all the time .

he always gives me a bottle after a job no matter what . I am always greatfull thank your etc . not realy a wine drinker so the stuff is in my basement I bring a bottle for a dinner invite etc.

well a lady was like wow that is some bottle for a dinner party . I gave a nothing but the best for u thing and blew it off.

well few days latter I get the bug and start looking some of this stuff up lol I have some 260 buck bottles down there and a few 100s and some 80s .wtf I never drink the shit . u could give me a jug of Gallo and I could not tell the diff  honestly I like the cheep shit better  . oh well I am always set for dinner party hostess gifts.

we built a sweet home cellar for him yrs back . the walls are all wood tops from the individual bottles and cases      

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

one of my customers is a importer of wine . he sells to all the high end restaurants in town  and a few of the liquor stores. he is in Italy all the time .

he always gives me a bottle after a job no matter what . I am always greatfull thank your etc . not realy a wine drinker so the stuff is in my basement I bring a bottle for a dinner invite etc.

well a lady was like wow that is some bottle for a dinner party . I gave a nothing but the best for u thing and blew it off.

well few days latter I get the bug and start looking some of this stuff up lol I have some 260 buck bottles down there and a few 100s and some 80s .wtf I never drink the shit . u could give me a jug of Gallo and I could not tell the diff  honestly I like the cheep shit better  . oh well I am always set for dinner party hostess gifts.

we built a sweet home cellar for him yrs back . the walls are all wood tops from the individual bottles and cases      

I like nice things, but can't bring myself to pay way too much for something.

I really wanted this stones shirt I saw in Chicago, but it was $200. .  The wife kept saying, you like it, buy the damn shirt!   I just couldn't do it.  :lol:

Edited by Cold War
  • Like 1

Just now, Cold War said:

I like nice things, but can't bring myself to pay way to much for something.

I really wanted this stones shirt I saw in Chicago, but it was $200. .  The wife kept saying, you like it, buy the damn shirt!   I just couldn't do it.  :lol:

I tend not to buy my self shit like that . I have no issue pissing it away on toys though . my wife spends enough on shit we don't need for the both of us x6.

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I tend not to buy my self shit like that . I have no issue pissing it away on toys though . my wife spends enough on shit we don't need for the both of us x6.

:bc:

Same here. 

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

I never drank liquor much until the wife started working for Beam last year. She brings home bottles all the time. I have some real nice Japanese whisky, Makers Mark, Cruzan Rum, Jim Beam, and Larios gin from Spain that are growing on me. I hardly drink beer anymore.

one of my sales guys sister works for Beam Suntory,  wish i liked the whiskey as she brings him in a fair amount  

21 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

one of my sales guys sister works for Beam Suntory,  wish i liked the whiskey as she brings him in a fair amount  

I didn't at first, but it's growing on me. The strong stuff like makers you really have to let it chill for a bit on ice and it mellows out nice. It's too fucking strong if you just pour and gulp it.

I have some knob creek I don't really care for, but I like all the other stuff she's brought home. Cruzan rum is fabulous. I never liked gin, but the Larios has a real nice taste. She brings that back from Spain, I don't think they sell it here.

I never realized how much I like Jim Beam. I can pound that stuff like it's my job.

:bc: 

Edited by Edmo

Crown works for me as an all around whiskey, burns clean, not too peaty ,  tastes best when the thermometer is below zero.  Johnny Blue is probably the best scotch I've ever tasted, like liquid velvet.  I've had 150 buck a bottle single malts that basically made my throat burn, so it ain't about the money.  

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

how many yrs are u suppose to let it go to seed before picking ?

I have a bunch of smelly piss waiting on me but it is yr 2 . last yr first yr let it go to seed

3 years if you grow from seed, 2 years if you grow from crowns (roots).  This stuff is in the start of the second year.  

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

3 years if you grow from seed, 2 years if you grow from crowns (roots).  This stuff is in the start of the second year.  

I thought . I did transplant what I have . I have a good size  patch in Becker but it is always going to waste because I just don't get up there . that patch has been around longer than me

28 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I thought . I did transplant what I have . I have a good size  patch in Becker but it is always going to waste because I just don't get up there . that patch has been around longer than me

We have some wild stuff we just discovered last fall.  It hasn't shot up yet though, so I don't know what to expect.  Probably a 6' circle of it in one spot and a few shoots in another 10-15 feet away.  

7 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

McGeach Creek loaded with dirty Suckers.

IMG_1526.thumb.JPG.f5c4ce7fa399aa0a47d69bcbf484d614.JPG

Damn.  I've never had em, but i hear smoked sucker is really good. 

7 hours ago, Cold War said:

Don't Care for stouts or some of those real funky beers, ciders..  I like some local craft beers, like Griffin claw.  

Beenon a vodka kick lately.  

Some of the hard ciders are good. Some are to sour. Griffin Claw makes some really good beers. 

You should try this 

maxresdefault.jpg_cf.jpg.a22e6c817c5006db061da3b351b66d8b.jpg

10-Vodquila-mainPic.jpg_cf.jpg.34c4dbc8bbbb13ef1b88df1e14cdf71f.jpg

Good stuff 

7 hours ago, Edmo said:

I never drank liquor much until the wife started working for Beam last year. She brings home bottles all the time. I have some real nice Japanese whisky, Makers Mark, Cruzan Rum, Jim Beam, and Larios gin from Spain that are growing on me. I hardly drink beer anymore.

When I was in the service, I use to drink Beam and Coke , Jack and Coke or 151 and Coke.  I built up such a high tolerance on a 6 month deployment to Okinawa and northern mainland Japan , that I had to start ordering double 151 and Cokes at the bar. During my 2nd trip to OkI, I use to buy a 5th of 151 and 6 cans of Coke, and it would be almost gone at the end of the night. Sure i was completely obliterated, and would pass out and sleep for 12 hours straight (or more) , but that's all I cared about was getting completely fucked up and passing out. I just wanted to get hammered and make the deployment go by faster . So I thought it was anyway. When I came back state side, I'd spend $80 at the bar on double 151 and Cokes , and barely get a buzz.  I knew then I had a serious drinking problem, and I needed to get it under control, before it took my life over for good. I quit drinking whiskey in September of 1995 and haven't had any since then,  (other than cherries soaked in Jim Beam Black a couple times).  I can't stand the smell or taste of Jack Daniels or Bacardi 151. 

I don't drink a lot anymore because of what happened to me in the service. I still drink occasionally,  but not to get fucked up.

I like a good quality Tequila.  Either Don Julio , Cazadores , Cabrito. Cabo and Patron are good too. I really like Patron Cafe XO dark chocolate Tequila. Really good, but $56 a bottle. It's great in coffee.   Red Eye Louie's Vodquila is good stuff too.  I like Stoli and Cranberry , or Raspberry Stoli and Lemonade.  I like pretty much any vodka except Absolute. Can't stand that stuff.  I also like Captain Morgan. Either Spiced or their white rum is good too. I bought a bottle of their 100 Spiced, but haven't tried it yet.   Also like a gin and tonic once in a while. Has to be Tanqueray and Canada Dry tonic or Tanqueray and Schweppes tonic.  Also like Disaronno. Either on the rocks, with a couple of cherries and a splash of cherry juice, or in hot chocolate. 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I like animals,  been a member of PETA for years

people_eating_tasty_animals_hooded_sweat

As uncle Ted says, You can't grill it until you kill it. :bc: 

5 hours ago, Edmo said:

Disaronno on the rocks is my favorite drink. :bc: 

IMG_0426.JPG

My favorite drink straight :bc:

4 hours ago, Edmo said:

Random video...this is hilarious she is so damn cute.

Saw that before :lol: