Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
46 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

I would be putting in a camera, and get someone fired. Have you got any dis-gruntled asshole employees ?

I only have 2 employees right now and one took the day off yesterday.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Its my lead guy who does it. It was only he and I in the shop yesterday. He's been with me for 16 years and he does this constantly. I've bitched him out several times times for it and yet it continues. One time no one went in the shop and the furnace ran for 4 days like this.

I just don't understand why anyone with a normal intelligence level would think that moving it from 20 to 30 will make the shop heat up faster.

Was going to say, woman do shit like that. They don't understand how a thermostat works.

I have put hundreds of these in. You can lock in your max and min set points with a password. Very simple,cheap and perfect for a garage or shop. It will run on battery for a few years if you only have two wires going to it. Two wire: w1 and R.  Three wire won't need to run off the battery. W1, R, and C.

IMG_3424.PNG

They shut the heat/lights off in our shop every night. If the doors to the office weren't locked I'd go in there and turn their heat off and see how they like it. Idiots have the AC/heat cranked up in there all the time. Maybe I'll check the panel which is in the shop and switch the breaker off and see how they like it. If they can come in the shop to turn everything off they can just turn the heat down a bit

28 minutes ago, smokin george said:

They shut the heat/lights off in our shop every night. If the doors to the office weren't locked I'd go in there and turn their heat off and see how they like it. Idiots have the AC/heat cranked up in there all the time. Maybe I'll check the panel which is in the shop and switch the breaker off and see how they like it. If they can come in the shop to turn everything off they can just turn the heat down a bit

Probably costs more to reheat than maintaining a constant temperature.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Its my lead guy who does it. It was only he and I in the shop yesterday. He's been with me for 16 years and he does this constantly. I've bitched him out several times times for it and yet it continues. One time no one went in the shop and the furnace ran for 4 days like this.

I just don't understand why anyone with a normal intelligence level would think that moving it from 20 to 30 will make the shop heat up faster.

Do like they do in a lot of office buildings. Install a locked thermostat cover so it can't be adjusted.

Capture1.JPG.7799382a5142b0f3c727eaa65d59db98.JPG

32 minutes ago, smokin george said:

A situation like that where people start and leave at a consistent time, it would make sense to go to a programmable thermostat and have it down over night then go up before people start showing up.

My shop gets left at 10 all the time as it can be days before someone spends any time in it. I turn it up when needed.

1 hour ago, 2strokemerc said:

Was going to say, woman do shit like that. They don't understand how a thermostat works.

I saw a commercial on TV recently. The old guy is sitting in the chair reading the paper. It flashes back and forth with the wife turning the thermostat up and him turning it down. Then it shows her going to the thermostat with a big piece of duct tape over it and him reading the paper with a big grin on his face. Reminded me of our house.

6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Do like they do in a lot of office buildings. Install a locked thermostat cover so it can't be adjusted.

We had those in our shop. We're all mechanics. One twist from a big flat blade screwdriver and the lock was broken. We controlled the heat. Up and down just like a bunch of women. lol

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I don't think I need anything that extreme.

I was thinking more along the lines of a big fucking wood screw at the 22 degree mark. No need for it to ever be above that.

Its not adjusting the thermostat that I object to, its the mentality that pushing it to 30 makes the furnace heat faster. I've explained it to this guy several times.

"You want this shop to heat faster, go buy a bigger furnace and pay to have it installed."

This guy is of normal intelligence. He's not stupid. But he does odd things like this. The other thing he does that pisses me off is he will shut the heat off in a vehicle when he gets out. He shuts off the fan and the heat setting. Me? I rarely ever touch mine all winter. Its set at 68, defrost and floor, and fan set at 2.

So he will move my truck, I start the truck to warm it up, I come back 15 minutes later and the truck is still frozen and I need to leave. SOB. Makes me crazy. DON"T TOUCH MY SHIT.

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

A situation like that where people start and leave at a consistent time, it would make sense to go to a programmable thermostat and have it down over night then go up before people start showing up.

My shop gets left at 10 all the time as it can be days before someone spends any time in it. I turn it up when needed.

The stat I posted would be perfect for your application. The lock box thing is a pain in the ass and don't get used that much any more. I've also put in a bunch of fake stats in common areas for employees to play with ,and the real stat is hidden and does all of the control. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

We had those in our shop. We're all mechanics. One twist from a big flat blade screwdriver and the lock was broken. We controlled the heat. Up and down just like a bunch of women. lol

The temperature and humidity for the data centre I managed and the adjoining office were all controlled and monitored through a computerized environmental management system. It monitored and managed everything in the building including electrical, the diesel generators and the fuel tanks. It was nice to be able to monitor and manage everything no matter where I was as long as I had my laptop. I would get alarms sent to my phone if there were any variations outside of the set parameters.

11 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Probably costs more to reheat than maintaining a constant temperature.

We had 4 NG heaters up high and now down to one unit trying to heat up the shop. The other 3 were destroyed by the mast on our sideloader going into the racking when they had the mast up. Good thing the units weren't on when that happened lol. The locker room is pretty cool in the summer from the AC cooling the wall down you'd think we had air in there lol

I almost jumped out of the seat one day when I went to start the truck. The fkn radio was cranked right up and thought maybe the aft shift was having fun. It was all the trucks that had them cranked up so they could hear it in the shop. I pulled the fuse out and they started complaining lol