Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

Just now, racinfarmer said:

The ole 99? F-150 and 03 Silverado towed the old steel framed enclosed Haulmark to MI and WI many times with 5 sleds wedged in there.  Super good MPG and we were really cozy on they way out there.  

I had to pull a Gasification wood burning boiler up north because a buddies truck broke down. H3 with a I5 and no brake control,slow and easy won that race......

46 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Was it easy? How long did it take?

Yes it was not bad. 3-4 hours. Supposed to take coils off. I didnt want to do that. I had wife help me. I rolled bags up as tight as I could. Zip tying them once all rolled up was the trick. Once i figured that out it went well. Then I just pushed them in through coils with a small stick. Once in place I cut the ties off. Hook up lines to bags, out to a tee, then routing the air line out to the receiver.

On mine there was a nice little hole on the rh side of the receiver. That's where I put the fill valve.  

If I remember I'll take pics tomorrow.

7 hours ago, Kivalo said:

@BEANPOLE DAVE I guess it is kinda a lot.

1027171807_HDR.jpg

Wow

6 hours ago, Kivalo said:

It didnt bother me at all, tows great.

You definitely need bags 

5 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

A small price to pay for coil spring comfort. 

Having driven both a '15 Ram, a '17 F150 and owning an '18 F150 ,   F150 FTW.  Especially when towing. 

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

They work. Firestone bags suck. Airlift are the good ones.

They look nothing like the air lift or firestone bags i have and have had....they look cheap....guess you get what you pay for.

I have airlift loadlifter 5000 on my dually with an onboard Compressor.

14 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

They look nothing like the air lift or firestone bags i have and have had....they look cheap....guess you get what you pay for.

I have airlift loadlifter 5000 on my dually with an onboard Compressor.

So you've never actually seen one? Tell me more.

5 hours ago, polaris550 said:

WTF are you talkin' to that faggot AWFUL for????? :wtf::wtf::wtf:

Cause I actually own shit. And I do most of my own work on them. 

I bought the truck from the junkyard and rebuilt it myself.

Not a baller like you running around in an old rusty pos chevy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, awful knawful said:

So you've never actually seen one? Tell me more.

Yup...seen them at the place i got mine...you cant get a traditional airbag because you have a mini van rear suspension. 

Just now, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

It does....thats why they ride so nice....even the dodge 3/4 ton went to rear coils. :bc:

I haven't followed the "truck wars" for a long time, but that 18 F150 I had last weekend seemed like a pretty nice rig to me.  If I was going to be towing a boat, I'd just get a 1 ton and get it over with.  Once you've had a few, its hard to go back to a half ton :bc: 

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I haven't followed the "truck wars" for a long time, but that 18 F150 I had last weekend seemed like a pretty nice rig to me.  If I was going to be towing a boat, I'd just get a 1 ton and get it over with.  Once you've had a few, its hard to go back to a half ton :bc: 

If that 18 had the max tow package it could tow up to 13000lbs...that seems crazy for a half ton....and ya I agree a 1 ton is great for towing....I prefer a dually...like the added stability. :bc:

2 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

If that 18 had the max tow package it could tow up to 13000lbs...that seems crazy for a half ton....and ya I agree a 1 ton is great for towing....I prefer a dually...like the added stability. :bc:

Wow....they can get rated that hight?  .I'd still get a diesel one ton.  13k for a half ton sounds sketchy.  My little rig is rated for 7500 lbs, but even towing a 7x14 enclosed with 2 sleds just kills the mpg even though it pulls it just fine...and I'm guessing thats probably only around 3500-4000 lbs. :dunno:  :bc: 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kivalo said:

@BEANPOLE DAVE I guess it is kinda a lot.

Like everyone else has said in this post, I'd also get some bags or maybe a weight distributing hitch/set up.

I know you have more tongue weight than me, but I would do something myself if mine sagged like that. (Headlights to the sky and loose front steering)

IMG_0510 (Large).JPG

IMG_1168 (Large).JPG

IMG_0659 (Large).JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Here's the bags and inflation valve on mine. Simple, cheap and works great.

Had them on for 5 or 6 years now. Dealer was installing Firestone bags (blue ones) and had alot of issues. Airlift seem to be better quality from my research.

20171028_095034.jpg

20171028_095023.jpg

Dealer probably got them at a better price....nothing more.