Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member

Picture quality sucks because it was misting rain but the first deer to eat in the backyard since April. I counted 4 different ones past the camera, all with antlers.

IMG_6948.png

IMG_6955.png

IMG_6951.png

IMG_6958.png

IMG_6959.png

Added to more from 645 this morning. I added more feed moved the feed closer to the camera at 515am before getting in the cab to head for Florida.

The wife was “wtf are you doing?”

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Just got home from Marquette…nice driving weather but other than that no bueno. I believe that’s the 1000’ Stewart Cort in the distance.

IMG_4107.thumb.jpeg.70d45cb0a805de59cbbc574be80d6358.jpegIMG_4106.thumb.jpeg.b040bb7d72aa02c4719baabed9f5aed4.jpegIMG_4101.thumb.jpeg.74d3cae122aed5fe59088290d7018e14.jpeg

Does the great lakes shipping season usually end this weekend on normal yrs?

16 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Does the great lakes shipping season usually end this weekend on normal yrs?

It varies but it’s somewhat dependent on the Soo Locks….

The Soo Locks' MacArthur Lock will close for the Navigation Season 7 a.m. Dec. 17, 2023, through April 24, 2024, to perform dam safety inspections and routine maintenance. The Poe Lock will remain open until Jan. 15, 2024, or until commercial traffic ceases, whichever occurs first.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It varies but it’s somewhat dependent on the Soo Locks….

The Soo Locks' MacArthur Lock will close for the Navigation Season 7 a.m. Dec. 17, 2023, through April 24, 2024, to perform dam safety inspections and routine maintenance. The Poe Lock will remain open until Jan. 15, 2024, or until commercial traffic ceases, whichever occurs first.

Sister-in-laws husband was a cop in SSM 25yrs. He says they need to shut it down at least once a year for maint. and inspection.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wildboer said:

Meet Buckley.

IMG_8880.jpeg

IMG_9526.jpeg

IMG_8869.jpeg

Love Border Collies, Webber had 2 play friends, Abby who is still with us and Hollie who got killed by timber wolves a month ago:sad:

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

Love Border Collies, Webber had 2 play friends, Abby who is still with us and Hollie who got killed by timber wolves a month ago:sad:

Man, that's awful.. Sorry 

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Can you legally shoot them fuckers?

Yessir! 2 per season "legally". Unlimited otherwise,BUT the fucker are the HARDEST thing to hunt. 

No money to be made trapping them anymore unless for taxidermy purposes.

53 minutes ago, HSR said:

Yessir! 2 per season "legally". Unlimited otherwise,BUT the fucker are the HARDEST thing to hunt. 

No money to be made trapping them anymore unless for taxidermy purposes.

It's worth saving another dog.

Edited by nascarmike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HSR said:

He's actually a miniature Australian Shepherd, they do look quite similar though. The quick way to tell the difference is Aussies usually have their tails docked, ours was actually born without a tail though.

1 hour ago, Wildboer said:

He's actually a miniature Australian Shepherd, they do look quite similar though. The quick way to tell the difference is Aussies usually have their tails docked, ours was actually born without a tail though.

Oh didn't know that:thumbsup: My neighbours have an Aussiedoodle or Ozzydoodle ,I'm not sure but he's super cool.

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

I drive by this bridge all the time but have never stopped to look until today. Pretty cool no mortar just hand split stone shaped perfectly to stay standing all these years. It was commissioned in 1852.IMG_4801.thumb.jpeg.b4186c4bec55937e21baf648d47f7110.jpegIMG_4793.thumb.jpeg.f4f751444dab1233a6d2b7d212f28f9d.jpeg

RTe 9 , Ive got a pic around here of that somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a nice day in Los Algodonnes Mexico today while my wife was getting her titanium implants looked at by the dentist.

Screenshot_20240109_193048.jpg

Screenshot_20240109_193109.jpg

Screenshot_20240109_193125.jpg

Screenshot_20240109_193149.jpg

• Like 3