Check your account email address ×

Polaris 2021 Release

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’ve ridden goat paths dude. There are plenty in the UP and the North Shore of MN where Derpski rides is all goat paths. Wisconsin has a ton of narrow windy goat paths too.

Its only fun if they are smooth. I fucking loath slow trails that are whooped. I’d rather not ride at all

I like both. A change in terrain is something I look forward to. In WI and MN you have such a wide variety of trails, and if theyre bombed out I love standing up and hammering them.  Its why I buy the best sled the manu offers at the time with the most factory bracing they offer.  Door closers and old couch style sleds don't do it for me.  Even if my KYB pros are average shocks they do damn well in shit trails when im hitting one and skipping 2-3.  I'll be completely honest with you, i dont notice a difference between prestons X with EXITs and mine with pro 36s.  I do however notice a big difference in the rear with Pro 40s and his with standard X door closers. 

Edited by thewayout

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You really don’t know much about riding sleds 

I've been riding them since I was in the womb, it's as natural as walking.

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This is probably my favorite stretch of trail anywhere

26 miles from Bear River to Cook MN and it can be done in well under 20 minutes if you have the balls and the sled to do it.

Anyone riding a 600 anything would be 5-6 miles behind in 26 miles total

5F4685FE-BDCD-423F-B6A7-CD87BF7206F7.png

Why don't you just get in a car and ride down a scenic highway?

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

How good are WE Force shocks...obviously a step down from WE Velocities.

My needles in my 2017 xcr were good.  Not velocity good but id suspect they are better then the force shocks are. 

2 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I've been riding them since I was in the womb, it's as natural as walking.

Why don't you just get in a car and ride down a scenic highway?

Because you can’t ride a 9 second car at 120mph a few feet from trees. You’re a fucking child riding a child’s sled at child speeds bragging about how shitty your trails are. Take it to hcs poser

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

I’ve ridden goat paths dude. There are plenty in the UP and the North Shore of MN where Derpski rides is all goat paths. Wisconsin has a ton of narrow windy goat paths too.

Its only fun if they are smooth. I fucking loath slow trails that are whooped. I’d rather not ride at all

We don't ride goat paths, our trails are actually quite impressive, take a lot of skill, tight turns one after the other, it's a road course, Laguna Seca,..You guys ride Talladega..only turbo sleds around are 35Olbs guys from Jersey..Sad to say one of them lost to the Hill Saturday night..the sleds are just useless here,..a 600 or 800 it's the trail weapon here..The thing with an 800 is you're off the gas just way to much,..On a 600 your nice and deep in it.. like I said it is what it is..You on your 300hp Barney sled would be so far behind here,  just like me on my 600 would be so far behind where you are..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

We don't ride goat paths, our trails are actually quite impressive, take a lot of skill, tight turns one after the other, it's a road course, Laguna Seca,..You guys ride Talladega..only turbo sleds around are 35Olbs guys from Jersey..Sad to say one of them lost to the Hill Saturday night..the sleds are just useless here,..a 600 or 800 it's the trail weapon here..The thing with an 800 is you're off the gas just way to much,..On a 600 your nice and deep in it.. like I said it is what it is..You on your 300hp Barney sled would be so far behind here,  just like me on my 600 would be so far behind where you are..

If a 300hp sled is behind you are riding goat paths....legit goat paths. 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

How good are WE Force shocks...obviously a step down from WE Velocities.

Tom would be the best person to ask about that

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Because you can’t ride a 9 second car at 120mph a few feet from trees. You’re a fucking child riding a child’s sled at child speeds bragging about how shitty your trails are. Take it to hcs poser

Speak for yourself.

Ahh no

"Trails speeds"

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

A 600 is a distinct advantage on a tight trail over a lumber wagon big bore turbo.  Tug Hill on a Saturday afternoon, good luck trying to manhandle that thing compared to a skilled guy on a 600.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, thewayout said:

I like both. A change in terrain is something I look forward to. In WI and MN you have such a wide variety of trails, and if theyre bombed out I love standing up and hammering them.  Its why I buy the best sled the manu offers at the time with the most factory bracing they offer.  Door closers and old couch style sleds don't do it for me.  Even if my KYB pros are average shocks they do damn well in shit trails when im hitting one and skipping 2-3.  I'll be completely honest with you, i dont notice a difference between prestons X with EXITs and mine with pro 36s.  I do however notice a big difference in the rear with Pro 40s and his with standard X door closers. 

I always thought the kybs were pretty good. I wouldn't upgrade from those. 

Just now, Woodtick said:

I didn’t back read this train wreck of speculation. The 2021 poo is just a bit better than the 2020. 

Other than the gauge, I don't see much in the way of major new changes.  That said, I like that gauge a lot, but haven't compared it to the new Doo gauge.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

A 600 is a distinct advantage on a tight trail over a lumber wagon big bore turbo.  Tug Hill on a Saturday afternoon, good luck trying to manhandle that thing compared to a skilled guy on a 600.

The fastest bike around a moto X track is a 125, or at least it used to be. 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I would elect not to ride there because it sounds gayer than fuck. Take me to Quebec where real sleds and riders dominate the talk....not fucking Mohawk helmet wearing kids talking about their clicker shocks 

• Platinum Contributing Member

If a 300hp sled is behind you are riding goat paths....legit goat paths. 

No, it's just not feasible to use that much power here..Think of your experience owning a Corvette..That will probably be the best way for you to grasp what I'm saying..

• Haha 1