Check your account email address ×

Polaris 2021 Release

Just now, Zambroski said:

I’ve never ridden a G4 but I know I had mine set for heavy front skis so, if I wanted to pull it up high, I was gonna really have to jerk on it.  (That’s what she said)

The g4 requires a lot more body English to keep flat. I liked it but it was more effort than the pro-s.....

Ben is correct... the G4 and axys are night and day different. My xcr cornered flatter then my G4 XRS does, and my xrs handles well, I’ve got it dialed in to my liking.

It took me a full weekend of riding to get used to the G4 and inside ski lift again. The 850 mid range makes up for the G4’s reluctancy to lift the skis, it can do it with ease, but nothing like my xcr would if I wanted it to. 

it’s all where you sit on the axys. You have to know how to launch one. I perfected it and never lost from a dig to any sled I raced. It came out of the hole like an animal. 

10 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I know I'm being an asshole about it, but seriously, by definition you're talking about a tiny portion of the market. Not to mention other manufacturer's sleds will run on 87 too. Polaris is just advertising the fact that their ECU will compensate for lower octane fuel like everyone else's... actually I can't speak to whether or not Cat 2-strokes can pull that off :lol: 

Yeah, honestly narrower and further forward is basically just moving closer to the rider position of the G4.

Well the engine is built for 87 and the ECU programmed for it. That is the point. You don’t lose performance on 87 whereas the others built for 91 you lose performance on 87. That is the point. Please pay attention..lol

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I claimed I don’t care about 160hp sleds. That’s low power

The g4 is a sit down sled compared to axys....if you don’t know this I don’t know what to tell you

Do you just leave your bars at the stock height or do you have weak legs or something? 

Just now, Poncho said:

OK sorry about your luck. Thank God us Canadians saved your ass during the war.   As for the 87, it lets you run 87 without fear of damage in all scenarios. That is why it’s nice. Tell me if you had a 1200 doo built for 87 you would run 91only. Your retard meter just hit 11

Canada saved the Netherlands during a war? Also:

Both the Ski-Doo 600 E-TEC and 800R E-TEC engines are calibrated to use 91 octane rated fuel. If premium 91-92 octane fuel can’t be found, Ski-Doo recommends using 87 (or 89) octane fuel without adding octane booster additive. The E-TEC engines are equipped with a knock sensor, so when 87 octane rating fuel is used the ECM will monitor a higher knock level and automatically switch to a safe calibration. No damage will be created by temporarily using 87 octane rated fuel, however a slight loss in performance will be observed. This is due to the ECU retarding timing and slightly richening the fuel delivery, so you might also notice a slight decrease in fuel economy.

https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/low-octane-fuel-octane-booster-in-e-tecs/

Being able to safely run a new sled on 87 is nothing new, and if you think the Polaris won't drop power on 87 compared to 91 you're fooling yourself.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

So the Matryx is narrower than the Axys...about sum it up? 

That’s what I’m gathering. Not taller, just narrower. I’m getting the sense that it’s XP to XS like design. A mid cycle refresh of the axys with some suspension/accessory tweaks and the new 650.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

Do you just leave your bars at the stock height or do you have weak legs or something? 

Being able to safely run a new sled on 87 is nothing new, and if you think the Polaris won't drop power on 87 compared to 91 you're fooling yourself.

It’s optimized for 87 meaning that it is going to make its advertised HP on that. It’s possible there will be a 91 map to take advantage of the extra octane, with a setting switch on the gauge. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nothing wrong with a 650....there I said it!!!   

Buy a race sled!  It’s like a 660!!!  Or 715!!!  I found another little piston by the recoil but, that was probably for the power steering pump.  

:lol:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

That 650 kicks skidoo right in the pussy! Bahahsha!

Yes, like I said last year, the 600 class needed to be reinvented and Polaris will now lead that charge....good on them. Ben laughed at me last year when I said the 600 class needed to change and be reinvented. I guess Benny was wrong again. He likely got washed out of flight school too

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Buy a race sled!  It’s like a 660!!!  Or 715!!!  I found another little piston by the recoil but, that was probably for the power steering pump.  

:lol:

Why would you need anything other then a 600 ctec! It’s so reliable and fast!!! Oh, wait..... 

7 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

The seating position when sitting In a g4 is far more like an old school sled than the axys. I don’t know how else to explain this to you. Good god man

1 hour ago, Wildboer said:

Who cares if it runs on 87? What kind of cheap fuck is going to put ethanol fuel in their sled? Non-ethanol is always 90+ around here.

Thats a big selling point for me. At 4000 miles a year running 87 saves me some $$$. When I got my 900T I tried 91 a few times and didn’t notice any power difference so since then I’m back to running good old 87 like on my 1200. :bc: 

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

Polaris won’t go heavy 4 stroke. No need too. 

Dude! If they dropped a 4 stroke in the Axys chassis it’d probably be lighter than a Ski-Doo 850.

And it’s the only way they could retake #1 in sales.

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

New chassis and a 650!

You should apply to snowtrax for a job...the Lester’s would love your Polaris cocksucking abilities. :snack: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thewayout said:

It’s optimized for 87 meaning that it is going to make its advertised HP on that. It’s possible there will be a 91 map to take advantage of the extra octane, with a setting switch on the gauge. 

Why the hell would they do that? Why sacrifice power to cater to a very small portion of the market?

Just now, Poncho said:

Yes, like I said last year, the 600 class needed to be reinvented and Polaris will now lead that charge....go on them. Ben laughed at me last year when I said the 600 class needed to changes.  I guess Benny was wrong again. He likely got washed out of flight school too

The game was already changed in the 600 class was changed last year :news: