Check your account email address ×

Polaris 2021 Release

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: 

“a ski liftin’ wheelie machine”.  Yeah, that’s what I got out of it too.  There isn’t a chance in hell that corners anywhere near a PC.  Zero.  None.  

The procross is flatter but gives you zero warningwhen it’s gonna lift a ski and it does it violently when it lifts. It’s like a corvette. I call it snap ski lift. 

The axys can handle extremely flat if you move forward on the sled. It reacts to body position in a way that no other sled does. Want transfer , move back. Want flat then move forward.

Edited by f7ben

3 minutes ago, Tinker said:

When 66% of the sleds outside the hotels are 4 stroke and over 50% are 5 to 8 yr old Doo 1200's there's a need !!

Yep I hear you, and I used to be a 4 stroke 1200 guy, to heavy and low performance.  Just shows you that an old guy like you needs a hotel after a long ride on a heavy 4 stroke......  but Polaris isn’t going to go there. They concentrating on mountain and 2 stroke. Lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

There is a massive need. Some of us don’t give a fuck about 160hp sleds

Well the 650 will be 130 or so. That should work for a light weight like you who doesn’t care about 160 hp

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Im saying sometimes all we can get is 87 in remote towns. No choice. I was referencing your absurd "I won't let 87 tpuc my sled" crap. 

I know I'm being an asshole about it, but seriously, by definition you're talking about a tiny portion of the market. Not to mention other manufacturer's sleds will run on 87 too. Polaris is just advertising the fact that their ECU will compensate for lower octane fuel like everyone else's... actually I can't speak to whether or not Cat 2-strokes can pull that off :lol: 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

If you move slightly forward on that sled it will handle as flat as any sled I’ve ridden. Move back on the seat and it’s a ski lifter and wheelie machine. 

Maybe you’re not big enough to make this happen?

Yeah, honestly narrower and further forward is basically just moving closer to the rider position of the G4.

Just now, Poncho said:

Well the 650 will be 130 or so. That should work for a light weight like you who doesn’t care about 160 hp

I would never ride anything like 130hp. 160hp is so fucking mind numbing boring I can’t take it

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The procross is flatter but gives you zero wanting when it’s gonna lift a ski and it does it violently when it lifts. It’s like a corvette. I call it snap ski lift. 

The axys can handle extremely flat if you move forward on the sled. It reacts to body position in a way that no other sled does. Want transfer , move back. Want flat then move forward.

That “move forward/move back” goes for all sleds.  The difference is the stability.  Any sled that picks up the skis with a bit of rear movement is gonna handle like shit in the corners no matter what.  It should take exaggerated movements to make a sled react so severely.  Nobody thinks a see-saw on the trails is a good idea.  To be fair, I’ve never ridden a pro-X or XCR with the upgraded shocks though so, I’m sure that makes a difference.  I sure fucking hope so because that pro-S was like a comfy, three seater jet ski.

3 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Yep I hear you, and I used to be a 4 stroke 1200 guy, to heavy and low performance.  Just shows you that an old guy like you needs a hotel after a long ride on a heavy 4 stroke......  but Polaris isn’t going to go there. They concentrating on mountain and 2 stroke. Lol

Fn right, I can barely walk at the moment LoL. 

Just now, Wildboer said:

I know I'm being an asshole about it, but seriously, by definition you're talking about a tiny portion of the market. Not to mention other manufacturer's sleds will run on 87 too. Polaris is just advertising the fact that their ECU will compensate for lower octane fuel like everyone else's... actually I can't speak to whether or not Cat 2-strokes can pull that off :lol: 

Yeah, honestly narrower and further forward is basically just moving closer to the rider position of the G4.

The g4 is a sit down sled compared to axys....they aren’t close ergonomically

• Haha 2

Just now, Zambroski said:

That “move forward/move back” goes for all sleds.  The difference is the stability.  Any sled that picks up the skis with a bit of rear movement is gonna handle like shit in the corners no matter what.  It should take exaggerated movements to make a sled react so severely.  Nobody thinks a see-saw on the trails is a good idea.  To be fair, I’ve never ridden a pro-X or XCR with the upgraded shocks though so, I’m sure that makes a difference.  I sure fucking hope so because that pro-S was like a comfy, three seater jet ski.

The axys front handles far flatter than the g4 skidoo’s.....on the skidoo you’re can’t get an rmotion to wheelie either unless you put the blocks to 1 and even then it’s not like the axys 

Just now, f7ben said:

The g4 is a sit down sled compared to axys....they aren’t close ergonomically

That's about as believable as you claiming you don't care about high power sleds :lol: 

Just now, Wildboer said:

That's about as believable as you claiming you don't care about high power sleds :lol: 

I claimed I don’t care about 160hp sleds. That’s low power

The g4 is a sit down sled compared to axys....if you don’t know this I don’t know what to tell you

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I'm fucking Dutch and even I would never let 87 touch my sled.

It's obviously the same difference as the RMK 163 and the RMK 165 :lol: 

OK sorry about your luck. Thank God us Canadians saved your ass during the war.   As for the 87, it lets you run 87 without fear of damage in all scenarios. That is why it’s nice. Tell me if you had a 1200 doo built for 87 you would run 91only. Your retard meter just hit 11

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

@Anler needs to snowcheck one of those new Assaults and sell his to me for cheap! :lol:

And then you need to sell me your crossfire for cheap!!!!!:ashamed:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The axys front handles far flatter than the g4 skidoo’s.....on the skidoo you’re can’t get an rmotion to wheelie either unless you put the blocks to 1 and even then it’s not like the axys 

I’ve never ridden a G4 but I know I had my Doo set for heavy front skis so, if I wanted to pull it up high, I was gonna really have to jerk on it.  (That’s what she said)