Check your account email address ×

Polaris 2021 Release

29 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

We don't ride goat paths, our trails are actually quite impressive, take a lot of skill, tight turns one after the other, it's a road course, Laguna Seca,..You guys ride Talladega..only turbo sleds around are 35Olbs guys from Jersey..Sad to say one of them lost to the Hill Saturday night..the sleds are just useless here,..a 600 or 800 it's the trail weapon here..The thing with an 800 is you're off the gas just way to much,..On a 600 your nice and deep in it.. like I said it is what it is..You on your 300hp Barney sled would be so far behind here,  just like me on my 600 would be so far behind where you are..

Yep, a bit far from “goat paths” just a lot of bumpy twists and turns.  It’s the bumps and the next corner that determine speeds and it’s rare 70+ is needed.

28 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If a 300hp sled is behind you are riding goat paths....legit goat paths. 

Well, maybe but, it’s just a heavy sled that can’t work well in the 30-60 range on tight trails.  I’ve seen many fall back to strangler status.  Watching the racers try to make the Vipers work on the SX track was embarrassing.

21 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

No, it's just not feasible to use that much power here..Think of your experience owning a Corvette..That will probably be the best way for you to grasp what I'm saying..

Yep. I’m quicker in my six than I was my 8 and less fatigued.  It’s all in how it’s set up.  The right tool for the right job.  Still, there a few spots that when recently groomed leaves me a bit on the slow side wanting a bit more.  But when all jankied up, I’m as fast as anybody out there.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

At the end of the day there are those that can read a map and those that can't, and those that can't read a map still suck at navigating with a GPS :lol:

You used to always say maps were better but then you went and bought a gps. Hmmm

2 hours ago, Wildboer said:

I'm fucking Dutch and even I would never let 87 touch my sled.

It's obviously the same difference as the RMK 163 and the RMK 165 :lol: 

Many people ride in the north where no premium is available. Being 87 compatible is a very good thing.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yep, a bit far from “goat paths” just a lot of bumpy twists and turns.  It’s the bumps and the next corner that determine speeds and it’s rare 70+ is needed.

Well, maybe but, it’s just a heavy sled that can’t work well in the 30-60 range on tight trails.  I’ve seen many fall back to strangler status.  Watching the racers try to make the Vipers work on the SX track was embarrassing.

Yep. I’m quicker in my six than I was my 8 and less fatigued.  It’s all in how it’s set up.  The right tool for the right job.  Still, there a few spots that when recently groomed leaves me a bit on the slow side wanting a bit more.  But when all jankied up, I’m as fast as anybody out there.

Yep, I miss the power on a few spots on a trail ride,..the other 90% of the time I giggle in my helmet..

Just now, Rigid1 said:

Yep, I miss the power on a few spots on a trail ride,..the other 90% of the time I giggle in my helmet..

Yeah, there’s a few spots here that I’m at a disadvantage if they aren’t beat up.  My 8 hundo could roll on those spots pretty good.

27 minutes ago, Anler said:

I really like the blue. I snowchecked these two.

Screenshot_20200302-193317.png

Screenshot_20200302-192553.png

I built the vri and by the time you pay paid freight and taxes in canada it was close to 22k. Very nice sled for sure, but 22k, fuck that. In 2 years when it has 7k miles on it it might fetch 9k, 6500 per season is getting a little deep for a sled.

Just now, ManOnManOral said:

I built the vri and by the time you pay paid freight and taxes in canada it was close to 22k. Very nice sled for sure, but 22k, fuck that. In 2 years when it has 7k miles on it it might fetch 9k, 6500 per season is getting a little deep for a sled.

Prices are ridiculous for sure. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Big time!

Ski doo does everything about average for a huge fucked up price 

and it sounds like they still don’t have the xp platform dialed in. It still requires a pile of rider input 

Just now, Zambroski said:

That’s old school!

8A1AC843-E516-4EE2-9EE1-6795525BDFC3.jpeg

I've never seen him pull out a compass. And who the fuck would do that when you can use Google maps on your phone? 

Just now, ACE said:

Ski doo does everything about average for a huge fucked up price 

and it sounds like they still don’t have the xp platform dialed in. It still requires a pile of rider input 

Still trying to improve their last in class front end

Just now, Anler said:

Prices are ridiculous for sure. 

I am loving the vri 146...but come on, I paid 10k for my 800 pussy and could get 7k for it after 2 years use. 1500 per season versus 6500 per season...not worth it to me.

Just now, ManOnManOral said:

I am loving the vri 146...but come on, I paid 10k for my 800 pussy and could get 7k for it after 2 years use. 1500 per season versus 6500 per season...not worth it to me.

No not worth it but you only live once. I am not going to be laying on my death bed saying "I wish I never snowchecked that new sled"

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I've never seen him pull out a compass. And who the fuck would do that when you can use Google maps on your phone? 

The guy who has a dead phone or GPS. We often get pretty deep in the bush in northern ontario. GPS makes it easy, the compass will save your life.