Check your account email address ×

2021 Ski Doos

19 hours ago, Wildboer said:

If you have your clickers past half way and you're not hitting large jumps you're either fat as fuck, you have no concept of throttle control and body input, or you just have your suspension set up way harder than necessary to make yourself feel cool. Like I said, I'm 250lbs and I ride hard. The XRS is valved plenty stiff and you're not gonna blow out pro-40's on any trail.

19 hours ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: 

Honestly, from how you just described you shock settings, you'd have been money ahead not paying extra for the XRS package.  Your trails must be smooth as butter.

From Doo Talk.  They removed the rebound adjustment and neutered the shock package for $16 grand.:lol:

Did skidoo quietly just remove the rebound adjustment from the Pro 36 ski shock on the XRS? What left thats "Race replica" about this thing?

Move from 40mm body / 16mm shaft to a 36mm body / 12.x mm shaft. Convince the masses this is some sort of upgrade.

Now they appeared to of removed the rebound.

• Platinum Contributing Member
38 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Have to keep buying left over or year old.  These 20k cad sleds are getting insane.   I know we want the tech but pricing themselves out of business eventually 

Tick posted a 2019 XC 850 with 2200 miles and 4 year warranty for 10,000....17,000....fugghetaboutit!!!

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Wildboer said:

The shortest BC XRS is a 146. The bottom line is that 137" with a narrow ski stance is a stupid combination.

i had 2 of them with a wide front renegade XRS in the middle.   i liked the freerides overall better but rode a mix of on and offtrail whcih is what it was designed for.  now the 146 takes that spot.  

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

new front and rear suspension is prob going to be 10000x better than an axys.  

Current RMotion is already the best rear suspension in the industry.  RMotion X will just make it better.

3 hours ago, Wildboer said:

The front suspension, no. Minor tweaks to geometry and a wider ski stance aren't going to make the G4 corner like an Axys. Doo needs to completely overhaul the front suspension the next time they come out with a new chassis.

The redesigned rear skid looks extremely promising though. As good as the original rMotion is it still didn't address the fact that rider forward sleds put all the weight on the front arm. By focusing on the front end of the skid I think Doo could reclaim the title of undisputed best rear end in the industry.

Every sled review already says that the current RMotion is the best in the industry.  The benchmark.

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Yeah was thinking maybe a 137 free ride with a turbo and a tune be ok.. but nope. Not ski doo. 

There is a Freeride turbo for 2021.  Just no more 137" FR.  I don't get that at all.  See a lot of Freeride 137s 

2021 SkiDoo pretty :flush:

Still no ability to custom order like Polaris 👎🏼

More hideous colors 👎🏼

Still no factory LEDs 👎🏼

Still the same garbage tracks👎🏼

Still no muscle sled to compete with the Sidewinder and TCat 👎🏼

Still no Renegade XRS 600r 👎🏼

Still no Freeride 600r 👎🏼

Still only one color choice for Freeride. Should have a black option to like the MXZ, Renegade, Backcountry and Summit.👎🏼

Still no Backcountry 900/900T 👎🏼

Still no MXZ 900/900T 👎🏼

New gauges with GPS , but only if you get the 850- makes zero sense. Why screw the guys who want the 600r ?👎🏼

No more Freeride 137" Again, I don't get that one ?????👎🏼

Are you trying to lose more market share to Polaris? Sure seems like it to me.

I do think the 600efi is a good upgrade. Yes it is down about 20hp to the old 600 carb. But I'm sure it's much better on fuel and oil. And I'm sure it's really smooth and still will get you close to 100mph easily. Probably won't even notice the 20 less HP. And the Sport now in the G4 is a great upgrade too.

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Current RMotion is already the best rear suspension in the industry.  RMotion X will just make it better.

Every sled review already says that the current RMotion is the best in the industry.  The benchmark.

There is a Freeride turbo for 2021.  Just no more 137" FR.  I don't get that at all.  See a lot of Freeride 137s 

More hideous colors 👎🏼

Still no factory LEDs 👎🏼

Still only one color choice for Freeride. Should have a black option to like the MXZ, Renegade, Backcountry and Summit.👎🏼

Still no MXZ 900/900T 👎🏼

New gauges with GPS , but only if you get the 850- makes zero sense. Why screw the guys who want the 600r ?👎🏼

I do think the 600efi is a good upgrade. Yes it is down about 20hp to the old 600 carb. But I'm sure it's much better on fuel and oil. And I'm sure it's really smooth and still will get you close to 100mph easily. Probably won't even notice the 20 less HP. And the Sport now in the G4 is a great upgrade too.

Clearly Poo has the best snow check program by far. Just the track and color choices are yuge IMO. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

From Doo Talk.  They removed the rebound adjustment and neutered the shock package for $16 grand.:lol:

Not sure about the rebound but the XRS still has Pro 40's out back and Pro 36 up front.

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i had 2 of them with a wide front renegade XRS in the middle.   i liked the freerides overall better but rode a mix of on and offtrail whcih is what it was designed for.  now the 146 takes that spot.  

The point is that if you're off trail enough to warrant a narrow ski stance you aren't on trail enough to be bothered by a 146.

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Clearly Poo has the best snow check program by far. Just the track and color choices are yuge IMO. 

Yep they do.  Ski-Doo could off the same. Why they choose not to, :dunno:

The 600efi is a great move IMO. Same with now being 100% G4 lineup.  The Ras X and RMotion X are positives. The new premium gauge is a plus, but not making it available across the board isn't. 

The negatives I listed definitely out number the positives. 

I know someone who has ridden the 2021 Polaris sleds and he said Polaris is going to out do them (meaning SkiDoo) this year. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yep they do.  Ski-Doo could off the same. Why they choose not to, :dunno:

The 600efi is a great move IMO. Same with now being 100% G4 lineup.  The Ras X and RMotion X are positives. The new premium gauge is a plus, but not making it available across the board isn't. 

The negatives I listed definitely out number the positives. 

I know someone who has ridden the 2021 Polaris sleds and he said Polaris is going to out do them (meaning SkiDoo) this year. 

I have heard the same thing from a couple of dealers

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wildboer said:

Not sure about the rebound but the XRS still has Pro 40's out back and Pro 36 up front.

The point is that if you're off trail enough to warrant a narrow ski stance you aren't on trail enough to be bothered by a 146.

Excellent, excellent point!  :bc:

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

More hideous colors 👎🏼

Still no factory LEDs 👎🏼

Still no MXZ 900/900T 👎🏼

I’m a doo guy but they make it so hard to buy one 

22 minutes ago, Doorider said:

This is the price I'm seeing, and that's adding the fancy guages. And who pays full retail always? 

Screenshot_20200213-143101_Chrome.jpg

You don't if you snow check

16 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

When is poo poos release 

March 3rd

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

They better start paying attention in Quebec. Polaris is going to gain even more customers this Spring. They keep not listening to what people want, Polaris is going to take over the #1 spot. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

March 3rd

They better start paying attention in Quebec. Polaris is going to gain even more customers this Spring. They keep not listening to what people want, Polaris is going to take over the #1 spot. 

Yup. Turbo 850 is cool in its place, but useless for me 

I noticed, BRP added this oil. don't remember seeing this new looks on these jugs before.   2.5 Gallons of plain oil.  

https://www.ski-doo.com/shop/parts-maintenance/xps_maintenance_products/xps_oils/2t-snowmobile-premium-mineral-oil---25-us-gal--946-l.html

xpsoilplain.png

Edited by Beavis and Butt-Head

19 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

I noticed, BRP added this oil. don't remember seeing this new looks on these jugs before.   2.5 Gallons of plain oil.  

https://www.ski-doo.com/shop/parts-maintenance/xps_maintenance_products/xps_oils/2t-snowmobile-premium-mineral-oil---25-us-gal--946-l.html

xpsoilplain.png

They went to a black jug with a different label a year ago at least. It's still mineral oil. 

53 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yup. Turbo 850 is cool in its place, but useless for me 

They need to offer a higher HP sled to compete with the Sidewinder and TCat.

26 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

xpsoilplain.png

The 2.5 gallon in mineral oil is new.  Was already out in 1 gallon.  XPS in the bigger jugs has been out for a few years now 

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

They went to a black jug with a different label a year ago at least. It's still mineral oil. 

Yep, but the bigger jug in mineral oil is new I believe. I've never seen the big jugs in anything other than XPS. The mineral oil is black with white label and cap.  XPS is black with yellow label and cap.  And 4stroke is red label and cap. 

52 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

March 3rd

I don’t think it’s possible for Polaris to overtake Doo unless they come out with a 4 stroke or two. But if they do and it’s halfway decent, poo would def jump to #1.

57 minutes ago, ACE said:

Come on now:lol: To buy a brand new Cat, you pretty much have to piss green. No brand neutral person is going to choose a decade old tech and still unreliable Cat over a poo or doo.

3 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

They need to offer a higher HP sled to compete with the Sidewinder and TCat.

The 2.5 gallon in mineral oil is new.  Was already out in 1 gallon.  XPS in the bigger jugs has been out for a few years now 

Yep, but the bigger jug in mineral oil is new I believe. I've never seen the big jugs in anything other than XPS. The mineral oil is black with white label and cap.  XPS is black with yellow label and cap.  And 4stroke is red label and cap. 

I haven't heard or seen the 2.5 gal jug. I was buying it by the case for years 3.78 liter jugs. They used to be white/yellow jugs and black/white now. For a while I used their semi-syn till they discontinued it. I have a case on the shelf I can trade in at the dealer for something else

21 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

I don’t think it’s possible for Polaris to overtake Doo unless they come out with a 4 stroke or two. But if they do and it’s halfway decent, poo would def jump to #1.

Come on now:lol: To buy a brand new Cat, you pretty much have to piss green. No brand neutral person is going to choose a decade old tech and still unreliable Cat over a poo or doo.

It’s 5 grand less for a comparable sled lol

plus there’s no class to race an 850