Check your account email address ×

2021 Ski Doos

Being released tonight at 9PM EST.

Leaks are a new Mach being released to compete with the Thundercat/Sidewinder.  I don't think we will see any changes to the two strokes other than more 850 turbo options.

Will we see a fix for their front end?  I think so.  Will the XRS finally get the same shock package as the race sled?  I doubt it.

Otherwise, BNG all the way around.

image.png.43c62d67cdffd9ef5c627b0c8ef5f4fd.png

Don't think you'll see a 2 stroke twin past 850 without a balance shaft and then the temperamental bitch will weigh the same as a turbo 4 stroke. I think the 1200 Rotax weighed 12-15 lbs more than the 1000 SDI and a larger ACE will be lighter than the old 1200.

1100 ACE turbo, 200 HP and shortened suspension. The G4 is not a fast chassis in trail form

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Don't think you'll see a 2 stroke twin past 850 without a balance shaft and then the temperamental bitch will weigh the same as a turbo 4 stroke. I think the 1200 Rotax weighed 12-15 lbs more than the 1000 SDI and a larger ACE will be lighter than the old 1200.

1100 ACE turbo, 200 HP and shortened suspension. The G4 is not a fast chassis in trail form

It’s not just the overall weight of the motor. 4s motors are top heavy and have a lot of rotational mass

15 minutes ago, Tinker said:

200 ponies in a lot lighter package than the cat turbo would be a winner.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

200hp our of the anemic 900T is a loser before it hits the lake

Anemic why?  Cuz it won’t run with the leather checkerboard jacket crowd?  It was one of their biggest selling models last year and beats all the 2 strokes while being 60-80 lbs lighter than the big bore turbos.  It’s a great all around package.  3300 miles and it’s the best all around sled I’ve ever owned.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Anemic why?  Cuz it won’t run with the leather checkerboard jacket crowd?  It was one of their biggest selling models last year and beats all the 2 strokes while being 60-80 lbs lighter than the big bore turbos.  It’s a great all around package.  3300 miles and it’s the best all around sled I’ve ever owned.

You forgot Sabertooth

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Mine runs rather well.

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

It’s anemic because it makes poor hp for a boosted motor and it can’t handle any real power when tuned and it’s slow for the hp output it can achieve.

Other than that it’s great 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Anler said:

New mach. it has to be a turbo if its going to compete. But a 1000 etec would be pretty horny... :pc:

Absofuckinglutely!   

We've been teased about a new Mach since 2008.   Not holding my breath.  

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It’s anemic because it makes poor hp for a boosted motor and it can’t handle any real power when tuned and it’s slow for the hp output it can achieve.

Hardly the first sled that basically compromised every performance category and won't be the last either :dunno: nothing wrong with an all-around well rounded performance shed wide wide appeal :news:

Edited by Momorider

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So it handles and performs great for 95% of the trail riders out there? 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Hardly the first sled that basically compromised every performance category and won't be the last either :dunno: nothing wrong with an all-around well rounded performance shed wide wide appeal :news:

1 minute ago, Anler said:

So it handles and performs great for 95% of the trail riders out there? 

maybe it’s fine for 90% of people.....just don’t call it a fucking machz

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Oh I agree they cant make the 900t a mach, it has to be something more awesomer... 

The large surface area of a 1000 cc 2 stroke twins makes it difficult to get a full, efficient burn of the charge.  Cat seemed pretty successful with theirs. 

One of the snow rags did an article on the 05-07 Mach a while back which this was discussed. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Oh I agree they cant make the 900t a mach, it has to be something more awesomer... 

The aftermarket fully squeezing every hp it can reasonably get out of a 900t can barely get it to run with a stock winder. That’s no base for a Mach z to be built on unless it’s stronger rotating assembly and bigger turbo

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Certain sled names should be reserved for the right sled.   If you are going to name something Mach it better be good.    Yamaha did the SRX name justice reintroducing it last year on the model they did.   Same with cat and the Thundercat.   

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The aftermarket fully squeezing every hp it can reasonably get out of a 900t can barely get it to run with a stock winder. That’s no base for a Mach z to be built on unless it’s stronger rotating assembly and bigger turbo

So the 900T from the X3?