Check your account email address ×

2021 Ski Doos

11 hours ago, Wildboer said:

From Old Forge we can loop trail 6 to Boonville, chase the conditions basically anywhere on the Hill, and head back via brantingham and 10 mile crossing or vice versa. There's even a nice cutoff that brings you from Stillwater road to the midpoint of 10 mile crossing so you don't have to spend an eternity riding down an overtrafficed logging road anymore.

They're so overloaded they shut down the builder, it gives you a "coming soon" message right now.

It helps to know you’re way around for sure.  I really never did.  Just followed my buddies around.

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I thought they would come out with something to compete with the Poo?

:lol: 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Well the g4 will never be an axys, that’s for sure 

Dont kid yourself, the G4 is top of the heap right now.

3 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

my expedition is perfect for what i use it for.  and surprisingly it goes good on the trails for a 153.  but i want something that was like my 1200 with a bit more kick. 

maybe that 1200 wont sell this winter here in town

I put 260 miles on a 900 ace Expedition a couple years ago.  I couldnt believe the pace I could carry on that lumber wagon.  Forget getting stuck, that thing went almost anywhere.  Great sled.  :bc: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

It helps to know you’re way around for sure.  I really never did.  Just followed my buddies around.

:lol: 

Dont kid yourself, the G4 is top of the heap right now.

I put 260 miles on a 900 ace Expedition a couple years ago.  I couldnt believe the pace I could carry on that lumber wagon.  Forget getting stuck, that thing went almost anywhere.  Great sled.  :bc: 

Nah , I have thousands of miles on both and the axys is better. They are both so far ahead of cat though it’s ridiculous

6 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

when i saw the add i was thinking hmmm that would be a nice sled to burn around the fields and lakes with (with a new under the hood and tunnel changes)

If they were 150ish hp I’d still have one for sure 

Just now, ACE said:

Yeah. Ski doo had about the worst handling and suspension out of them all. I still can’t see their front end being that good 

Skidoos have always been twitchy, every one who rides skidoo knows this. Their front axle is in front of where you put your feet even. Thats just too far forward for great handling. 

Just now, Zambroski said:

The Anys is for non-riders who need maximum forgiveness in their machine to cover their extreme shortfalls in riding talent.

:lmao: :stirthepot:

Oh for sure. real riders ride out dated stuff that makes their chiropractors money cuz, MAGA!

Just now, Anler said:

Skidoos have always been twitchy, every one who rides skidoo knows this. Their front axle is in front of where you put your feet even. Thats just too far forward for great handling. 

I found the XP handled ok but you REALLY had to ride it. If you just sat up the front end was all over the place 

this cat rides a lot quicker, a lot easier. That front end just stays down. 

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

new front and rear suspension is prob going to be 10000x better than an axys.  

The front suspension, no. Minor tweaks to geometry and a wider ski stance aren't going to make the G4 corner like an Axys. Doo needs to completely overhaul the front suspension the next time they come out with a new chassis.

The redesigned rear skid looks extremely promising though. As good as the original rMotion is it still didn't address the fact that rider forward sleds put all the weight on the front arm. By focusing on the front end of the skid I think Doo could reclaim the title of undisputed best rear end in the industry.

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

I found the XP handled ok but you REALLY had to ride it. If you just sat up the front end was all over the place 

this cat rides a lot quicker, a lot easier. That front end just stays down. 

Rode them for 25 years and they ride good but have always been twitchy. AXYS is just a better chassis all around. Stronger, better ergos, better handling and most powerful engines. :bc: 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Wildboer said:

The front suspension, no. Minor tweaks to geometry and a wider ski stance aren't going to make the G4 corner like an Axys. Doo needs to completely overhaul the front suspension the next time they come out with a new chassis.

The redesigned rear skid looks extremely promising though. As good as the original rMotion is it still didn't address the fact that rider forward sleds put all the weight on the front arm. By focusing on the front end of the skid I think Doo could reclaim the title of undisputed best rear end in the industry.

I havent seen it yet, what did they change to the rear suspension? If they didnt move the front arm mount back then it isnt going to handle better.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

“The Ski Doos are too twitchy.”

“The Cats are too harsh.”

”The Anys is juuuuust ryte! Plus, SnowGoer stuff!!!”

Sweet fuck.  :lol:

I don’t find the RR too harsh at all. In fact the rear suspension is the best I’ve rode for being soft in the small bumps but not bottoming out in the harsh stuff 

Just now, ACE said:

I don’t find the RR too harsh at all. In fact the rear suspension is the best I’ve rode for being soft in the small bumps but not bottoming out in the harsh stuff 

I’ve heard that about the new ones. They’ve been constantly refining the chassis for sure.  But still, it’s still a race derived platform.  That’s why it took so long and that’s also why it’s still not as forgiving as the Doo or Poo consumer chassis.  

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Zammy is just flying his retard flag extra high today. Pro cross is a good sled for short guys. And they ride fine now that they finally put good shocks on them. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

I havent seen it yet, what did they change to the rear suspension? If they didnt move the front arm mount back then it isnt going to handle better.

They made the front arm longer and you can adjust its angle.

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Zammy is just flying his retard flag extra high today. Pro cross is a good sled for short guys. And they ride fine now that they finally put good shocks on them. 

Procross is really good now. Glad I never bought the first few years. If cat game out with a new 900 I’d jizz in my pants. Not sure I want to make the jump to turbo 4 stroke 

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Procross is really good now. Glad I never bought the first few years. If cat game out with a new 900 I’d jizz in my pants. Not sure I want to make the jump to turbo 4 stroke 

The first few years were good too just a bit harsh.  My 13 RR was a mash up of SX and CC parts.  It was very close to a race sled with an 800 in it and a fancier gauge.  It’s biggest problem was the skid’s geometry that really didn’t work very well on the trail unless you were pounding 3-5 footers all day....or it was smooth as butter.  That leaves a lot of trail out.  Even my SX rode better than that at its race settings.  Still, that RR was a fucking beast....and the way I hs it clutches and geared....well, fun factor meets fear factor.  :lol:

15 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

They made the front arm longer and you can adjust its angle.

Ok so I went to the website to check it out and yeah looks pretty good. So I priced it up... :guzzle:

image.thumb.png.56ba8002e83f4b963dfad7be8d4977dd.png

• Haha 1