Check your account email address ×

SSFB sled shopping thread

SSFB

35 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

pre production sleds usually don't have a vin and can't be sold but the mags get plenty of production sleds that are sold through dealers

Just like it is in the auto industry, 90% or more are pre production or prototype, and don't ever get sold.  You're reading the reviews about them in the magazines and online, before production has even started.   

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, SSFB said:

What's everyone wearing for boots nowadays? I need to get something new. Mine are pretty worn out. 

Klims with the Boa laces hold up well? 

These are not sledding boots, but it's what I wear.

https://www.zamberlanusa.com/product/16975035/1101-kodiak-gtx-r-rr-men-s-hunting-boots-dark-brown

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Don't want anything with metal lace hoops. Too easy to rip the seat on the sled when off trail riding. 

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

I remember there were some early production revs spring of 02 with vins that ended up getting sold,  you would see some around here prob because the factory is just over the border.  

As close as you are to Quebec, not surprised.

21 minutes ago, SSFB said:

What's everyone wearing for boots nowadays? I need to get something new. Mine are pretty worn out. 

Castle X.  Finally had to retire my Baffins last year that the wife got me for a Christmas present back when we were still dating 20+ years ago. Love em. Kid has FXRs.  Those are great too.   Whatever you do, skip the BOA system. If that snaps on you while you're out riding, you're fucked. 

5 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

What brands? 

:lol: yea sure 

Hey @Edmo ya hear that. I'm making shit up about riding one of SnoTech's pre production demo sleds :lmao:  It was all part of our imagination :lol:

Yep. One of jays buds showed up with an EB skidoo etec 600. Real nice sled. Had the trick shocks on it. We all liked it - but would probably buy the 850.

15 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Yep. One of jays buds showed up with an EB skidoo etec 600. Real nice sled. Had the trick shocks on it. We all liked it - but would probably buy the 850.

That's Newman. He was supposed to get Renegade XRS 900t,  but SnoTech wanted it back.  So Al let him take the 18 1/2 600r but he had to bring it back after that say we rode it cause it was going back to Al's to be on display in his showroom and then back to Quebec. 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

33 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Don't want anything with metal lace hoops. Too easy to rip the seat on the sled when off trail riding. 

like my klims a lot,  i did not go boa after having it on another pair,  i found it to be a bit of a pain tbh,  just easier to lace up

I have the Klim adrenaline GTX with the boa system. I like the boot but the boa system is a bit of a novelty and I won't be buying it again

20191107_174704.jpg

20191107_174455.jpg

Edited by Tomas.

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

Farm & Fleet Sorrels. One pair is made in USA and the other in Canada. About $80 as I recall?

10 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Zam wears Uggs and looks fantastic.

I do!  I really do!

I’m out rolling in some Sorels sometimes (with my pit coat) but when I plan on getting really jiggy....I sport my FXR X-cross.  Fucking love those things.

That reminds me, I need to get my new Stomp Grips on too!

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I do!  I really do!

I’m out rolling in some Sorels sometimes (with my pit coat) but when I plan on getting really jiggy....I sport my FXR X-cross.  Fucking love those things.

Did you get the stud boy sticker I sent you?

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I do!  I really do!

You gotta sport the OLD FXR gear to be cool.