Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

just south of your house . back side of spirit mountain 

That’s what I thought but, maybe could have been somewhere around Minnetonka.  :dunno:

Should have PM’d me and come a bit further up.  Shitload of snow up here.  “TeamGreen02” and I met up yesterday morning and tried to pack it down a bit.  Just soft as hell.  Groomed but 4-6 of fresh and no real solid base underneath.  We had some good fun in it though.  Well, until the last bit where my goggles were all fucked up and apparently, my light shines right in front of the god damn sled!  (Never had it out at night).  We actually had to just follow a couple of retards on Poos out of the bush at dark because I couldn’t see a fucking thing.  I just know they thought they were really gettin’ busy too! :lol:

3 hours ago, gtserider said:

That sport Renagade will get you anywhere you want to go at half the price.What skis did he but on it?

those are some kimplex deals just put them on . actualy pretty decent think they were only like 240 for the whole package . 

Screenshot_20191214-165328.jpg

Screenshot_20191214-165340.jpg

Screenshot_20191214-165356.jpg

18 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

those are some kimplex deals just put them on . actualy pretty decent think they were only like 240 for the whole package . 

Screenshot_20191214-165328.jpg

Screenshot_20191214-165340.jpg

Screenshot_20191214-165356.jpg

No Shaper bars? Pilot 5.7s are great skis with shims and shapers

Edited by thewayout
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That’s what I thought but, maybe could have been somewhere around Minnetonka.  :dunno:

Should have PM’d me and come a bit further up.  Shitload of snow up here.  “TeamGreen02” and I met up yesterday morning and tried to pack it down a bit.  Just soft as hell.  Groomed but 4-6 of fresh and no real solid base underneath.  We had some good fun in it though.  Well, until the last bit where my goggles were all fucked up and apparently, my light shines right in front of the god damn sled!  (Never had it out at night).  We actually had to just follow a couple of retards on Poos out of the bush at dark because I couldn’t see a fucking thing.  I just know they thought they were really gettin’ busy too! :lol:

yeah at a bar in moose lake now hell grade back to Hinckley .

we made it to cotten today . not bad for a first run of the season . did i mention i hate fucking rail bed just shoot me 

3 minutes ago, thewayout said:

No Shaper bars? Pilot 5.7s are great skis with shims and shapers

i dont give a fuck about that sled I got it new in 15 it has like 1600 mi on it and of those I put less than 1/2 of them on it . hence the new,skis I did not even ride it for 2 yrs . saw my bud trying to get to a gas pump and not turning . thought it needed carbide . lol yeah like 300 miles before I looked 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

yeah at a bar in moose lake now hell grade back to Hinckley .

we made it to cotten today . not bad for a first run of the season . did i mention i hate fucking rail bed just shoot me 

You shouldn't have to ask me what I think of straights.  Just lame as fuck.  Had a couple short ones yesterday that made me start blipping the throttle and ease back a bit just for safety.  My sled has it's disadvantages for sure.

Well I got out this afternoon for a little shake down. There isn't enough snow and what is there is fluff with absolutely no base. 

A couple of first impressions for the first ride of the year. 

The sled handles 1000% better than it did last year. It turns sharp and precise. The riding position so much nicer with my taller handlebar setup now.

I was only able to get it up to 74 mile an hour which is only 3 miles an hour faster than I could do last year but I didn't really have the space to do it and I did that going down the range road so it was a little sketchy to say the least.

it seems snappier but without running one setup to the next one right after the other not having eight months in between it's hard to say if it is snappy with the new clutch spring and non wore out weights.

The biggest biggest thing I noticed while riding was.....

How horribly out of shape I am LMAO.

20191214_160329.jpg

20191214_160312.jpg

20191214_160253_HDR.jpg

20191214_160238.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

i dont give a fuck about that sled I got it new in 15 it has like 1600 mi on it and of those I put less than 1/2 of them on it . hence the new,skis I did not even ride it for 2 yrs . saw my bud trying to get to a gas pump and not turning . thought it needed carbide . lol yeah like 300 miles before I looked 

Fair enough. It’s a nice sled. SC5 isn’t bad. 

Just now, Tomas. said:

Well I got out this afternoon for a little shake down. There isn't enough snow and what is there is fluff with absolutely no base. 

The sled handles 1000% better than it did last year. It turns sharp and precise. The riding position so much nicer with my taller handlebar setup now.

I was only able to get it up to 74 mile an hour which is only 3 miles an hour faster than I could do last year but I didn't really have the space to do it and I did that going down the range road so it was a little sketchy to say the least.

it seems snappier but without running one setup to the next one right after the other not having eight months in between it's hard to say if it is snappy with the new clutch spring and non wore out weights.

20191214_160329.jpg

20191214_160312.jpg

20191214_160253_HDR.jpg

20191214_160238.jpg

:lol: Yuh...

:bc:

1 minute ago, Tomas. said:

20191214_160329.jpg

20191214_160312.jpg

20191214_160253_HDR.jpg

20191214_160238.jpg

I wanted a dragon when they first came out. Always liked the look of them. Good looking sled man and sounds like you got it set up well. I’m ready to ride myself. 50” base up in northern WI and the UP has even more. I’ll be going the 27th.

Just now, Zambroski said:

:lol: Yuh...

:bc:

Lol I just noticed in your quote the double "biggest" a bit of a mistake but not technically wrong lmao

1 minute ago, thewayout said:

I wanted a dragon when they first came out. Always liked the look of them. Good looking sled man and sounds like you got it set up well. I’m ready to ride myself. 50” base up in northern WI and the UP has even more. I’ll be going the 27th.

Ya. I am a huge fan of them as well. 

I have owned a 2007 snowchecked nuclear sunset orange 600 cfi, and a 2010 d6 switchback and loved both of them.

I also own every single Polaris snow brochure from 2007 to 2020 other than 2015 I think. 

If I had a truck and deep pockets, I could make the 5 hour drive to the mountains where they have been sledding since October but I don't have the prerequisites for trip lol.

2 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Ya. I am a huge fan of them as well. 

I have owned a 2007 snowchecked nuclear sunset orange 600 cfi, and a 2010 d6 switchback and loved both of them.

I also own every single Polaris snow brochure from 2007 to 2020 other than 2015 I think. 

If I had a truck and deep pockets, I could make the 5 hour drive to the mountains where they have been sledding since October but I don't have the prerequisites for trip lol.

Nice!

I’m a diamond pounder but would love to do some mountain riding. got an 18 XRS 850 for the year. Should be fun.

if you’re ever in the WI area for some reason hit us up, we got some spare sleds for you to rock. :bc: 

1 minute ago, thewayout said:

Nice!

I’m a diamond pounder but would love to do some mountain riding. got an 18 XRS 850 for the year. Should be fun.

if you’re ever in the WI area for some reason hit us up, we got some spare sleds for you to rock. :bc: 

Well thank you! And the same to you if you ever find yourself way north of the border half way to AKiqpilot's place. I also have a spare/the wife's sled that is available.

I am/used to be a diamond pounder as well when I lived in Ontario. I have been out west 5 years now and only have been to the mountains 3 times. I got trail passes this year and plan to put on a few klicks.

I don't have many people to ride with and the one group of guys I did go with only wanted to go to the same location over and over again. Never wanted to change it up. Plus it being $700 for a day and a half of riding gets pricey when you are young and just bought your first place lmao.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thewayout said:

Fair enough. It’s a nice sled. SC5 isn’t bad. 

no not bad . I put kyb clickers on the fr end when I got it . prob putting some new lower end fox rebuildable in the back pretty quick if I don't find some higher end used first . other than that they are still a gret deal and honestly the only doo 2st I actualy trust .

@steve from amherst  if you are thinking about heading up to Houlton area for Christmas, don't bother,  they got royally fucked for the past a week. 2 different storms result in  5 and a half inches of rain and its still mid 50s degree as of 7:30 tonight when I got an update. Man, it was starting to shape it up nicely too. looking like a carbon copy of last year as well. 

Edited by Beavis and Butt-Head

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

no not bad . I put kyb clickers on the fr end when I got it . prob putting some new lower end fox rebuildable in the back pretty quick if I don't find some higher end used first . other than that they are still a gret deal and honestly the only doo 2st I actualy trust .

I had a pair of 2016"s and wanted to change out the shocks on them and couldn't find anything reasonable so I said screw that idea. I waited till we found some clapped out trails and started adjusting the coils and rear blocks till we were both good with them. They stopped bottoming out and the ride was not bad. As far as the 600"s go we never had an issue dating back to the 03 600 HO"s. 

20190202_103153.jpg

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

@steve from amherst  if you are thinking about heading up to Houlton area for Christmas, don't bother,  they got royally fucked for the past a week. 2 different storms result in  5 and a half inches of rain and its still mid 50s degree as of 7:30 tonight when I got an update. Man, it was starting to shape it up nicely too. looking like a carbon copy of last year as well. 

Thanks for the heads up. Damn shame.

4 hours ago, thewayout said:

Nice!

Thanks for the invite. Do those spare sleds have full coverage? What is the deductible?

• Like 1