Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

10 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

:bc:

:lol: 

What's the title of that video?  I can't find it :lmao:

I don't like being in a group more than 6.  4 is ideal   Last time I did a "big group"  was 3 years ago. There was 10 of us.  It was constant stopping.  We'd stop for a break, some guys would fuck around off trail. Others would smoke and BS.  You would think since we were stopped for a bit that EVERYONE would take a piss. But no, 5 minutes after we take off again, we'd have to pull over so someone who didn't take the time to piss while we were stopped, could stop and take a piss. And now that we're stopped again, hey might as well have another cigarette while we're stopped.  Yea what a complete cluster fuck that was.  Thank God I don't ride with dick heads that drink and ride too anymore. That just adds to the BS. 

That drives me nuts.  We drive a long way, to ride, not to piddle paddle fuck off and stop every 5 minutes.  And make sure your sled is trail worthy.  Hasn’t been much of an issue last several years, but how many times in years past have you gone north and one guy is like literally starting his sled for the first time since last season, and it needs a belt, or carbides, or just general maintenance?  Makes me crazy.    4-6 like minded guys on good equipment can get some serious quality riding in, in a day.

13 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

What's the title of that video?  I can't find it :lmao:

I don't like being in a group more than 6.  4 is ideal   Last time I did a "big group"  was 3 years ago. There was 10 of us.  It was constant stopping.  We'd stop for a break, some guys would fuck around off trail. Others would smoke and BS.  You would think since we were stopped for a bit that EVERYONE would take a piss. But no, 5 minutes after we take off again, we'd have to pull over so someone who didn't take the time to piss while we were stopped, could stop and take a piss. And now that we're stopped again, hey might as well have another cigarette while we're stopped.  Yea what a complete cluster fuck that was.  Thank God I don't ride with dick heads that drink and ride too anymore. That just adds to the BS. 

I think a lot of these issues go away when expectations are set.  But, as groups get larger, so does the amount of fuck heads that just think they are going to do shit their own way.  That’s fine....but, go do it by yourself and bring your idiotic drinking buddy with you.  I don’t want to hear a bunch of fucking whining during the stops.  Take your piss, drop a deuce and/or, empty your shorts, grab some water, make whatever adjustments you want then get ready to ride.  If there’s still the bullshit sessions going on after you’ve done all that, join in!  But be ready to ride when it is time.

The trail IS THE DESTINATION and it includes all the fun necessary.  If that statement doesn’t make sense, find another group.

• Platinum Contributing Member
54 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I would love to ride there one of these days.  Problem is, getting others to commit to going. Lots has changed over the years with the guys I use to ride with.  And then the fight between my brother and myself last year changed things even more.  We're talking again, a little. But things will never ever be anywhere near the same as they were before.  To much was said , that will never be able to be made right ever again. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.  

I've been told riding TH is about the same as the UP. I would like to ride there same day as well, just for a change of scenery. We'll see what happens this year.   Now that my kid has graduated , going during the week may be a little easier. He passed his pre apprenticeship classes and there is a job fair next week to see what companies are looking for apprentices.  Might not be anything going on in until next fall.  We will find out soon.   

Oh the Tug Hill is fine, just got to know where to go

Edited by Rigid1

2 hours ago, bussman said:

I agree, 4 is perfect, 6 is max.

But occasionally a big group is a lot of fun socially. :bc: 

The thing that's nice about 6 is if you decide to split into 2 groups , you can go to 4/2 or 3/3 

Big groups are ok as long as everyone is on the same page. If not, turns into a cluster fuck quick.  And that's what causes problems. Part of what started the blow out with me and my brother back in January.

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

That drives me nuts.  We drive a long way, to ride, not to piddle paddle fuck off and stop every 5 minutes.  And make sure your sled is trail worthy.  Hasn’t been much of an issue last several years, but how many times in years past have you gone north and one guy is like literally starting his sled for the first time since last season, and it needs a belt, or carbides, or just general maintenance?  Makes me crazy.    

4-6 like minded guys on good equipment can get some serious quality riding in, in a day.

Yep.  Exactly why I'm done with the big groups.

4-6 is perfect. You can cover some miles quick if everyone is on the same page. 

Edmo, my son, my buddy John (newm316 on the sled boards) and myself rode together a couple of years ago. We covered miles quick.  John had to leave and it was just the 3 of us after. We kept a good place going and did some good riding.  Would definitely ride with @Edmo again anytime :bc:

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I think a lot of these issues go away when expectations are set.  But, as groups get larger, so does the amount of fuck heads that just think they are going to do shit their own way.  That’s fine....but, go do it by yourself and bring your idiotic drinking buddy with you.  I don’t want to hear a bunch of fucking whining during the stops.  Take your piss, drop a deuce and/or, empty your shorts, grab some water, make whatever adjustments you want then get ready to ride.  If there’s still the bullshit sessions going on after you’ve done all that, join in!  But be ready to ride when it is time.

The trail IS THE DESTINATION and it includes all the fun necessary.  If that statement doesn’t make sense, find another group.

Just don't end up TRYING to show off and TRYING to impress everyone and ride beyond your capabilities and end up like this dumb fuck. 

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Oh the Tug Hill is fine, just got to know where to go

I've got a buddy who's near Cleveland and he rides the UP and TH.  If I ever venture out there , I would be meeting up with him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

The thing that's nice about 6 is if you decide to split into 2 groups , you can go to 4/2 or 3/3 

Big groups are ok as long as everyone is on the same page. If not, turns into a cluster fuck quick.  And that's what causes problems. Part of what started the blow out with me and my brother back in January.

Edmo, my son, my buddy John (newm316 on the sled boards) and myself rode together a couple of years ago. We covered miles quick.  John had to leave and it was just the 3 of us after. We kept a good place going and did some good riding.  Would definitely ride with @Edmo again anytime :bc:

Just don't end up TRYING to show off and TRYING to impress everyone and ride beyond your capabilities and end up like this dumb fuck. 

I've got a buddy who's near Cleveland and he rides the UP and TH.  If I ever venture out there , I would be meeting up with him.

LOL!!!!  Shit my pants when the Queen was queued up.  :lol:

Miles of a double wide lane straight and he dumps it on the first turn.  

06E797B3-541C-48C4-8A60-6DF0F265B1DA.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

LOL!!!!  Shit my pants when the Queen was queued up.  :lol:

Miles of a double wide lane straight and he dumps it on the first turn.  

06E797B3-541C-48C4-8A60-6DF0F265B1DA.gif

1077335584_giphy.gif.cf-2019-11-02T110523_960.gif.4dc483524ef93c8600114d5c0ee6b392.gif

What's majorly hilarious is his stubby  little legs :lol: :lmao:

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

That drives me nuts.  We drive a long way, to ride, not to piddle paddle fuck off and stop every 5 minutes.  And make sure your sled is trail worthy.  Hasn’t been much of an issue last several years, but how many times in years past have you gone north and one guy is like literally starting his sled for the first time since last season, and it needs a belt, or carbides, or just general maintenance?  Makes me crazy.    4-6 like minded guys on good equipment can get some serious quality riding in, in a day.

If it's not a guy on a unmaintained POS it's a douchebag riding past his skill or trying stupid shit.

I ask who's going. If any of those guys are coming, I'm out!

Ruined so many days on that shit!

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

If it's not a guy on a unmaintained POS it's a douchebag riding past his skill or trying stupid shit.

I vote both.  It’s now why I ride with only a select few I know.  I like group rides to determine whatever new playas that may be worth riding with again.  That way, their idiocy in a group doesn’t ruin my whole day.  Most bring a buddy that doesn’t mind getting his day ruined.  Usually, they swap ruining each others rides anyway for various idiotic reasons :lol:

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

You’re a good husband.  I try to be.  Picking my wife up from the airport in a bit.  She’s been gone for almost two weeks.  I know pulling in a garage filled with two stroke smoke and my sled in the “launch position” will not be a smart move.  

Two weeks man!  I’m sick of my hand(s)!!

Well, that depends on your “game”.  

We do a group ride we affectionately call the “HCS brisk ride” a few times a year.  You should attend.  I’ve told Benny the same.  Speeds are “brisk” but not too far out of control (IMO) and a few of us will usually break out into “race mode” a couple times....all are welcome.  But, NO drinking other than maybe one or two with a grease burger....and I rarely see that.  If you aren’t used to these types of rides in the woods, maybe just one to calm your nerves is good.  

Also, “brisk” is a good clip through the twisties and tree lines.  Many aren’t all that comfortable with this pace so, no women or children allowed either.  We wait for everyone but, sometimes a few will just turn back and do their own thing.  

The first ride is usually the easiest pace.

I'd like to see bhent come along. See if he works an 800/850/turbo or if he should be on bussmans 570 fan.  Maybe a new Blast would fit him?

Last year was the first I went. Didn't see any idiots. Everyone came to ride and not sit at the bar.  Some on sleds that maybe weren't well maintained but no major breakdowns.

The good thing is the pace is brisk but everyone comes prepared to wait a few minutes if needed. Mostly veteran riders who can hold their own at the speeds they are comfortable with.

I'm likely coming up Thursday night. No firm plans yet.  Need some warm up to get back in the swing of things.

6 hours ago, bussman said:

So it sounds like bringing my wife’s Barney F570 would be the proper sled. I’m in. :bc: 

Come up Thursday night before the HCS ride and we can do a Friday warmup ride.

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

2 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Public Service Message.............when stopping to help a buddy, pull well off the trail and in a place where oncoming traffic can see you.

Like the guys in this video didn't do.  :dunno:   Pet Peeve

Edited by s pump
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, s pump said:

Public Service Message.............when stopping to help a buddy, pull well off the trail and in a place where oncoming traffic can see you.

Like the guys in this video didn't do.  :dunno:   Pet Peeve

What did you expect from a bunch of dumb fuck Canuck's? :dunno:

:snack:

26 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I'd like to see bhent come along. See if he works an 800/850/turbo or if he should be on bussmans 570 fan.  Maybe a new Blast would fit him?

Last year was the first I went. Didn't see any idiots. Everyone came to ride and not sit at the bar.  Some on sleds that maybe weren't well maintained but no major breakdowns.

The good thing is the pace is brisk but everyone comes prepared to wait a few minutes if needed. Mostly veteran riders who can hold their own at the speeds they are comfortable with.

I'm likely coming up Thursday night. No firm plans yet.  Need some warm up to get back in the swing of things.

Come up Thursday night before the HCS ride and we can do a Friday warmup ride.

I think many are return customers.  They know the deal.  That’s good.  Lot of good guys.  We’ve had some great laughs.  Everyone has always waited for others.  Nobody gets left behind.  There used to be a couple of guys that would do an absolutely scathing review of our rides on HCS.  They were not fans.  LOL.

I really used to like them when they were less people running pretty good for 120 miles or so.  Add people, pace drops and it starts to become more work than fun.  I promised Dick I’d do a few this year....but I’m gonna turn back early if he’s gonna run 200 fucking mile jaunts.  :lmao:

If you come up Thursday and want to ride out of DooLooth, PM me.  I’ll kick it with ya get a bit.   :bc:

3 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Definitely man, holler at me too..

• Thanks 1

Red Rocket showing his skill level.  :good:

I think that was Revmolester who shot the vid. Either him or Iceman.

5 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I’m jonesing to ride bad. Hope we get some good snow for the holidays. Son doesn’t go back to school until January 21st, so I might extend the vacation if the conditions are good.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Red Rocket showing his skill level.  :good:

I think that was Revmolester who shot the vid. Either him or Iceman.

I'm pretty sure that video is from ICEMANs helmet cam. Pretty sure that's Fred the Drunk at 1:19 on the Rev with the white tail light bezel. 

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I’m jonesing to ride bad.

Hope we get some good snow for the holidays. Son doesn’t go back to school until January 21st, so I might extend the vacation if the conditions are good.

Me too. 

I hope it works out for you at the cottage :thumbsup: I probably won't ride until MLK. I don't ride over the holidays anymore. Working and making that double time and banking vacation days.   Gonna see what happens with the kid and this apprenticeship. 

Not holding my breath, but I'd like to ride the trails in the thumb finally.  I never have been able to yet. If this year is a winter like '13-'14, there will be riding in the thumb. :bc: 

Like I told JT yesterday, only thing I'm for sure doing this year is the Veterans ride again. Other than that, I have nothing planned yet. Possibly goiny to go across the border and slap UBMF-150Kev144 and Revqueer around, but I'm not banking on that being a go.

I was trying to go next weekend,but work got in the way of that. Food plant with a dead line. No big deal. Headed up on the 26th through the 31st.  Ice fishing one day and relax and sled the rest. Some days we may get 50 miles on,other days 150? As long as I’m in the woods,I don’t care.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I was trying to go next weekend,but work got in the way of that. Food plant with a dead line. No big deal. Headed up on the 26th through the 31st.  Ice fishing one day and relax and sled the rest. Some days we may get 50 miles on,other days 150? As long as I’m in the woods,I don’t care.

Good for the soul.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, awful knawful said:

If it's not a guy on a unmaintained POS it's a douchebag riding past his skill or trying stupid shit

Oh yeah forgot about that factor as well.  10 minutes into the weekend, and some big ass bird has to impress everyone with their Tucker Hibbert skills even though their sled needs carbides and they can’t ride their way out of a wet paper bag. Had a few of those rides in years past as well.

58 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Oh yeah forgot about that factor as well.  10 minutes into the weekend, and some big ass bird has to impress everyone with their Tucker Hibbert skills even though their sled needs carbides and they can’t ride their way out of a wet paper bag. Had a few of those rides in years past as well.

Exactly

This means slow the fuck down, sharp turn coming.

Nope! Wfo, into the trees!!!

Idiots!!!

right-turn-sign-x-w1-1r.png