Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

3 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I haven't ridden over Christmas since December of '99.  Way to much traffic. Especially when there's no snow in the lower peninsula and lots in the UP.  I'd rather work over the Christmas holidays, and bank the vacation days and get the $ and ride more in February and March.  

This is the first time in IDK how many years we’ve had trails ready to go this early.  Trails were packed and groomed this week!  Today and tomorrow is going to be an absolute shit show out there with people coming from everywhere to ride them.  With that in mind, we are deciding if we should too.  The temptation is pretty strong.  But the sheer numbers of retards out there is gonna be strong too....and on trails that aren’t 100% set up yet?   Hmmmm.....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

This is the first time in IDK how many years we’ve had trails ready to go this early.  Trails were packed and groomed this week!  Today and tomorrow is going to be an absolute shit show out there with people coming from everywhere to ride them.  With that in mind, we are deciding if we should too.  The temptation is pretty strong.  But the sheer numbers of retards out there is gonna be strong too....and on trails that aren’t 100% set up yet?   Hmmmm.....

Rarely go out on weekends. Too many retards!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

So when we riding together? Minnesota is my favorite place to ride now. :bc: 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

True.  But I like to ride whenever the feeling hits me.  If that is Saturday, prime time, so be it.  It’s just the level I can ride that is affected.  Gotta be a bit more cautious.

Just now, bussman said:

So when we riding together? Minnesota is my favorite place to ride now. :bc: 

IDK, I don’t ride through meth infested back yards from bar to bar whilst stealing gas from my felon buddies like a warped out trail boss like Benny does.  My riding may not appeal to you.  :lol:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I can just imagine what a complete shit show the UP is this weekend. You couldn't pay me to ride up there this weekend. 

13 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I'm getting to where I'd rather head up Saturday morning and ride a small loop Saturday.  Then stay Sunday Monday and 1/2 day Tuesday. Way less traffic and trails are a lot better. 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:
9 minutes ago, bussman said:

So when we riding together? Minnesota is my favorite place to ride now. :bc:  Are you naked under that pit coat?

:lol:

Ill go ahead and say it, when I’m out with my pit coat, it’s usually a t-shirt and some sweat or track pants....usually “commando”.

Of course, that’s how I dress in my full poser gear too.  I guess it’s just about what garb offers the easiest access to my goodies.

:lmao:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I can just imagine what a complete shit show the UP is this weekend. You couldn't pay me to ride up there this weekend. 

I'm getting to where I'd rather head up Saturday morning and ride a small loop Saturday.  Then stay Sunday Monday and 1/2 day Tuesday. Way less traffic and trails are a lot better. 

I don’t do the UP.  It’s just too many people from areas that don’t/can’t ride regularly and riding WAY outside of their skill levels.

The worst riders I’ve ever seen are the ones that brag about their 2-3k mile years but only rode a half dozen times on “trips”.

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

True.  But I like to ride whenever the feeling hits me.  If that is Saturday, prime time, so be it.  It’s just the level I can ride that is affected.  Gotta be a bit more cautious.

IDK, I don’t ride through meth infested back yards from bar to bar whilst stealing gas from my felon buddies like a warped out trail boss like Benny does.  My riding may not appeal to you.  :lol:

With all the shift work I do, I usually do whatever the wife wants on the weekends.

Weekdays are mine.

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

So you’re saying you don’t have the game to ride with me. Time for you to get a SkeeDoo sissy. :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don’t do the UP.  It’s just too many people from areas that don’t/can’t ride regularly and riding WAY outside of their skill levels.

The worst riders I’ve ever seen are the ones that brag about their 2-3k mile years but only rode a half dozen times on “trips”.

UP is great when there's snow in the lower. Keeps most of the bar hoppers down in Mancelona and Gaylord.

Love it when Gayeveconsin and Bhenmethsota get hammered with snow too. Keeps you shit heads in your own state and the FIBs and Hoosiers out of the UP too.

21 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

With all the shift work I do, I usually do whatever the wife wants on the weekends.

Weekdays are mine.

You’re a good husband.  I try to be.  Picking my wife up from the airport in a bit.  She’s been gone for almost two weeks.  I know pulling in a garage filled with two stroke smoke and my sled in the “launch position” will not be a smart move.  

Two weeks man!  I’m sick of my hand(s)!!

16 minutes ago, bussman said:

So you’re saying you don’t have the game to ride with me. Time for you to get a SkeeDoo sissy. :lol: 

Well, that depends on your “game”.  

We do a group ride we affectionately call the “HCS brisk ride” a few times a year.  You should attend.  I’ve told Benny the same.  Speeds are “brisk” but not too far out of control (IMO) and a few of us will usually break out into “race mode” a couple times....all are welcome.  But, NO drinking other than maybe one or two with a grease burger....and I rarely see that.  If you aren’t used to these types of rides in the woods, maybe just one to calm your nerves is good.  

Also, “brisk” is a good clip through the twisties and tree lines.  Many aren’t all that comfortable with this pace so, no women or children allowed either.  We wait for everyone but, sometimes a few will just turn back and do their own thing.  

The first ride is usually the easiest pace.

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You’re a good husband.  I try to be.  Picking my wife up from the airport in a bit.  She’s been gone for almost two weeks.  I know pulling in a garage filled with two stroke smoke and my sled in the “launch position” will not be a smart move.  

Two weeks man!  I’m sick of my hand(s)!!

Well, that depends on your “game”.  

We do a group ride we affectionately call the “HCS brisk ride” a few times a year.  You should attend.  I’ve told Benny the same.  Speeds are “brisk” but not too far out of control (IMO) and a few of us will usually break out into “race mode” a couple times....all are welcome.  But, NO drinking other than maybe one or two with a grease burger....and I rarely see that.  If you aren’t used to these types of rides in the woods, maybe just one to calm your nerves is good.  

Also, “brisk” is a good clip through the twisties and tree lines.  Many aren’t all that comfortable with this pace so, no women or children allowed either.  We wait for everyone but, sometimes a few will just turn back and do their own thing.  

The first ride is usually the easiest pace.

So it sounds like bringing my wife’s Barney F570 would be the proper sled. I’m in. :bc: 

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I haven't ridden over Christmas since December of '99.  Way to much traffic. Especially when there's no snow in the lower peninsula and lots in the UP.  I'd rather work over the Christmas holidays, and bank the vacation days and get the $ and ride more in February and March.  

Thats why I like where we ride so much.  Other than in town, its easy to get away from the crowds.  20 minutes down the trail, we can cross into Quebec, best groomed and marked trails in the world.

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Oooofff.  You ain’t lying.  Why we stopped riding in those high traffic areas years ago.  Old Forge, Tug Hill, Pittsburgh, even Rangely here in the east are just ridiculous on the weekends.  Its pass or be passed, and by Saturday afternoon, the trails are usually a shelled out mess.  And bottom line, its just more dangerous with that kind of shit all happening.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Rail trail runs behind our place. We're lucky to be able to leave from here and head in all directions conditions providing. Some of the best trails are in the 5 points.

Yep awesome area. One thing I love about my camp is learning in all directions for day rides. Can't wait to live in an area I can do that. 

54 minutes ago, bussman said:

So it sounds like bringing my wife’s Barney F570 would be the proper sled. I’m in. :bc: 

Run wut you brung!  The metal that shows up is all over the board.  Some show up on ten year old horses that can just plain saddle the fuck out of them.  Others show up on the latest and greatest and spend every stop trying to figure out what’s wrong with their sled.  :news:

If people aren’t full of excuses about their ability (lack of), these “Briskers” are really good riding clinics to improve skills across the board.

21 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Thats why I like where we ride so much.  Other than in town, its easy to get away from the crowds.  20 minutes down the trail, we can cross into Quebec, best groomed and marked trails in the world.

Oooofff.  You ain’t lying.  Why we stopped riding in those high traffic areas years ago.  Old Forge, Tug Hill, Pittsburgh, even Rangely here in the east are just ridiculous on the weekends.  Its pass or be passed, and by Saturday afternoon, the trails are usually a shelled out mess.  And bottom line, its just more dangerous with that kind of shit all happening.

I would love to ride there one of these days.  Problem is, getting others to commit to going. Lots has changed over the years with the guys I use to ride with.  And then the fight between my brother and myself last year changed things even more.  We're talking again, a little. But things will never ever be anywhere near the same as they were before.  To much was said , that will never be able to be made right ever again. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.  

I've been told riding TH is about the same as the UP. I would like to ride there same day as well, just for a change of scenery. We'll see what happens this year.   Now that my kid has graduated , going during the week may be a little easier. He passed his pre apprenticeship classes and there is a job fair next week to see what companies are looking for apprentices.  Might not be anything going on in until next fall.  We will find out soon.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Run wut you brung!  The metal that shows up is all over the board.  Some show up on ten year old horses that can just plain saddle the fuck out of them.  Others show up on the latest and greatest and spend every stop trying to figure out what’s wrong with their sled.  :news:

If people aren’t full of excuses about their ability (lack of), these “Briskers” are really good riding clinics to improve skills across the board.

Is RedTwat leading the "fast group" :lol: :lmao: 

2 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I would love to ride there one of these days.  Problem is, getting others to commit to going. Lots has changed over the years with the guys I use to ride with.  And then the fight between my brother and myself last year changed things even more.  We're talking again, a little. But things will never ever be anywhere near the same as they were before.  To much was said , that will never be able to be made right ever again. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.  

I've been told riding TH is about the same as the UP. I would like to ride there same day as well, just for a change of scenery. We'll see what happens this year.   Now that my kid has graduated , going during the week may be a little easier. He passed his pre apprenticeship classes and there is a job fair next week to see what companies are looking for apprentices.  Might not be anything going on in until next fall.  We will find out soon.   

I can relate to all of that.  :bc: 

• Thanks 1

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Is RedTwat leading the "fast group" :lol: :lmao: 

LOL! No, so far, none of the leaders have run themselves into the rhubarb.  

We don’t break it down into groups.  But, sometimes I think we should.  When we started this is was about 5-8 of us that could squirrel pretty good on a ride of about 120-140 miles.  Then the groups started to grow and so did the miles.  I’ve started passing on the rides.  20 plus people all over the place running into the bark and 200 miles of trying to figure out who is going to turn around and go look for them?  Hard pass.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I can relate to all of that.  :bc: 

:bc:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

LOL! No, so far, none of the leaders have run themselves into the rhubarb.  

What's the title of that video?  I can't find it :lmao:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

We don’t break it down into groups.  But, sometimes I think we should.  When we started this is was about 5-8 of us that could squirrel pretty good on a ride of about 120-140 miles.  Then the groups started to grow and so did the miles.  I’ve started passing on the rides.  20 plus people all over the place running into the bark and 200 miles of trying to figure out who is going to turn around and go look for them?  Hard pass.

I don't like being in a group more than 6.  4 is ideal   Last time I did a "big group"  was 3 years ago. There was 10 of us.  It was constant stopping.  We'd stop for a break, some guys would fuck around off trail. Others would smoke and BS.  You would think since we were stopped for a bit that EVERYONE would take a piss. But no, 5 minutes after we take off again, we'd have to pull over so someone who didn't take the time to piss while we were stopped, could stop and take a piss. And now that we're stopped again, hey might as well have another cigarette while we're stopped.  Yea what a complete cluster fuck that was.  Thank God I don't ride with dick heads that drink and ride too anymore. That just adds to the BS.