9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:true:

22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I can just see my dealer saying this to me:

”Yeah, we’ve had it for 6 months so, your warranty is 6 months short now.”

:lol:

Well, SURE THING, BOB!!!!

41 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don’t know why anybody on this planet would take it any other way.  It doesn’t even make sense!

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

This has always been the tile.  Warranty period starts when sled is picked up by owner.  Not when delivered to dealer.

:snack:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

And?  Discussing warranty shit doesn’t mean I need one.  

I’d rather slit my wrists than deal with these dealer service idiots in the area I ride. It’s pathetic. I’ll drag my sled 300 plus miles home (if I can’t fix it) to the one dealer I trust.

This is why I have 2 sleds...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

And?  Discussing warranty shit doesn’t mean I need one.  

You're a Kitty Kat rider, you need a warranty. :lol:

6 hours ago, Edmo said:

I’d rather slit my wrists than deal with these dealer service idiots in the area I ride. It’s pathetic. I’ll drag my sled 300 plus miles home (if I can’t fix it) to the one dealer I trust.

Haven't had to have any of  my last 4 sleds in for anything, but you never know when you'll need it. Just like a vehicle warranty. 

10 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Haven't had to have any of  my last 4 sleds in for anything, but you never know when you'll need it. Just like a vehicle warranty. 

Exactly....... No one wants to pay 1500 nook bucks for a new compressor and install on their f150.....

I have never used the warranty on any sled/atv yet but have had a couple small issues. Both issues were during the 10 hr go over at two different dealers. The 1st was back in 2011 I went to pick up the sleds and they had to come out and put the plastics and windshields back on right and in 2016 I had the taillight not working. The fkrs tried to charge me $17 for a bulb

7 hours ago, Edmo said:

Yeah, these techs and service managers are a mess.  Most of the time, if you need warranty work, your riding season is toast. Warranty claims fall last in line behind cash paying customers.

42 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I haven’t needed one with my Cats...just the Doos.  And even if I did, I’d get the part and do it myself.  The winters are too short to be fucking around for weeks with overworked and underpaid 20 year olds who are going to half-ass it.

You sound concerned about your Doo.  Fight for every day of that warranty!!!!!  :lmao:

34 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I had a 2010 F6 Barney that needed some warranty work....In and out of Indian River Sports Center in a week. 

I was on a first name basis with the service manager at Peacock and got great service. Then  he left and now you’re looking at weeks to get your sled back.

The good places are getting harder and harder to find.

• Like 1

whether warranty starts in October or Dec 1 for most is immaterial since they aren't riding until mid December anyways.  In the last 20 years I had 1 thing that would have been a warranty repair which was a broken torsion spring that i was replacing with fat boys anyways. But that said it's nice to have and I wouldn't own an 800 without one.,   

2 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Exactly....... No one wants to pay 1500 nook bucks for a new compressor and install on their f150.....

No warranty? :dunno:

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, these techs and service managers are a mess.  Most of the time, if you need warranty work, your riding season is toast. Warranty claims fall last in line behind cash paying customers.

I haven’t needed one with my Cats...just the Doos.  And even if I did, I’d get the part and do it myself.  The winters are too short to be fucking around for weeks with overworked and underpaid 20 year olds who are going to half-ass it.

You sound concerned about your Doo.  Fight for every day of that warranty!!!!!  :lmao:

Sounds like some real shitty dealer's in your area. SBYL

I have bought several new ones since 2001. Never had to use warranty yet.  But you never know when you'll need it.

Not concerned, but why should I take delivery of a sled that I'm not going to ride til after Jan 1st anyway? 

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

I was on a first name basis with the service manager at Peacock and got great service. Then  he left and now you’re looking at weeks to get your sled back.

The good places are getting harder and harder to find.

Peacock has always had good prices.  Bought my '04 from them in '06 and got almost $4,500 off OTD

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

whether warranty starts in October or Dec 1 for most is immaterial since they aren't riding until mid December anyways.  In the last 20 years I had 1 thing that would have been a warranty repair which was a broken torsion spring that i was replacing with fat boys anyways. But that said it's nice to have and I wouldn't own an 800 without one.,   

If you pick up your sled in say September 26th 2019 as an example. Your warranty starts from that day when you pick it up.   Say you have a 2 year warranty, your warranty expired on September 26th 2021.  November rolls around and it's time for pre season checks and maintenance and you noticed something is fucked up.  Guess what, you're paying for it because your warranty is up. 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

11 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Depends on how you come to acquire your sled.  Last sled we had with warranty was the 2015 XF.  

On 9/21/2019 at 7:30 PM, Blackstar said:

And plenty of people just don't care what it has for shocks. They buy the sled and ride.

I've had X's and SnoPro's and what not. I have had an X here for the last 3 years with the "whoop-dee-do" adjusters on the runningboards.

Meh. I moved all the settings to the middle and ride.....lol

Every day the trail is different and every ride is at a different pace. I'm not fucking with the knobs....lol

I prefer to ride my Turbo LXR with its cheap shocks. No rebuilding/revalving needed. No adjustments to fuck with. Just a nice comfy ride.

Thinking about getting the shocks rebuilt on the old lady's '12 Vector though. Its getting old and so is she.....lol

I used Frank at Shockec for my Vector shocks and they turned out great, imo. I do play with the front compression and rebound settings a bit and only use the side tunnel adjuster when the trails get pooched. He redid all 3 and they were much better, imo, than that guy in Clairmont. 

Not sure what Di's has for shocks but mine are the GYTR's. Great shock, imo, but if you're not willing to find the sweet spot by playing with the compression and rebound settings, you are just wasting your time and money getting them tuned, if that's what you plan on doing? 

https://shocktec.ca/

What a rip-off so called sled warranty is. On any seasonal product, warranty should not be based on years, but should be based on actual hours, or kilometers, or miles used. To have a warranty expire while a sled is sitting in a nice warm garage from April to December is absolute bullshit. Another reason I will never buy a new sled. Even a 4 year warranty on a sled is actually 1 year at best. Amazing how manufacturers are able to get away with this type of advertising and bullshit. With to-days technology, it should solely be based on engine running time.

6 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

What a rip-off so called sled warranty is. On any seasonal product, warranty should not be based on years, but should be based on actual hours, or kilometers, or miles used. To have a warranty expire while a sled is sitting in a nice warm garage from April to December is absolute bullshit. Another reason I will never buy a new sled. Even a 4 year warranty on a sled is actually 1 year at best. Amazing how manufacturers are able to get away with this type of advertising and bullshit. With to-days technology, it should solely be based on engine running time.

Well, even funnier is that last I heard, the factory warranty (OEM pays dealers for warranty work) only last a year.  After that, it’s a third party warranty company and/or administrator of said warranty.  Now, I know this varies by brand and changes often.  The experience sounds miserable.  The two poo guys I know had to fight for months to get their mils replaced under warranty.  One took six before they finally agreed to just pay for parts and the other had to tear his engine apart himself to show pics of damage and document the whole process with his attorney.  Jesus! I’ve heard similar claims from Cat people using “Cat care” also but, that was years ago.

21 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Yes we know.:lol:

45 minutes ago, smokin george said:

My wife finally broke down and had to have extended warranty work. She had a knee replacement and the old girl should be good for awhile yet. I cant afford a new one at this time so hopefully she'll keep on working for some time

I never buy extended warranties. Save up all the money you paid for those and you’d have plenty to pay for something when it breaks.

9 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I never buy extended warranties. Save up all the money you paid for those and you’d have plenty to pay for something when it breaks.

There wasn't much offered other than the 4 year warranty   I believe it was 3 years and $250 towards parts and accessories. Or the 4 year warranty.  $250 in accessories is nothing. Would much rather have the extra year if warranty, even if it doesn't get used. 

I took the 4 year warranty and I also got the $500 voucher in the mail.  Putting that toward the auxiliary LED lights and pull start kit.  Also includes with the 4 year was the no payments until April. Not doing that because you have to go thru their credit company after and then the interest rate is 7.99%.  Fuck that, I'm paying cash for it. I don't finance toys.  If I can't afford to pay for it in full,  I don't need it 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kev144 said:

I usually get extended warranty on my trucks.  My 05 lariat at 100k kms needed it's second short block and was out of factory warranty would have been aboit 10k in work 

2 things I'd want extended warranty on are Ford trucks and Polaris snowmobiles. Those are no brainers, imo, but then again, a wise man wouldn't purchase either if he was hoping to avoid problems. 

:stirthepot:

• Haha 2