Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

46 minutes ago, Anler said:

Big windshield is a requirement for serious riders. Hand guards and a mohawk won't cut it, slick. 

Yeah.  I saw a big windshield discount offer with some low-T meds.  I think Frank Thomas was doing the stumping for it.

:lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

Yeah.  I saw a big windshield discount offer with some low-T meds.  I think Frank Thomas was doing the stumping for it.

:lol:

Fuck T man... When you are doing a 1500 mile saddlebag trip in sub zero temps you lose all of that poser humility. The higher the windshield the better! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Anler said:

Fuck T man... When you are doing a 1500 mile saddlebag trip in sub zero temps you lose all of that poser humility. The higher the windshield the better! 

This.  I think I permanently damaged some of my fingertips back when the Apex es first came out with the windshields on national back order and the handwarmers that didnt work, after years of having the best warmers in the business.  I remember ripping down a rail bed in Quebec and just hating life because it was so cold...

1 hour ago, Anler said:

LOL!  I’ll never do that shit.  NEVER.  EVER!!!!!

I have a nice comfy vehicles to get me to far away locations.

We had a brutal winter a couple years ago - seemed like every time we rode it was below zero. I converted to the tall wind shield then and I’m not going back!!!!!!1 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

This.  I think I permanently damaged some of my fingertips back when the Apex es first came out with the windshields on national back order and the handwarmers that didnt work, after years of having the best warmers in the business.  I remember ripping down a rail bed in Quebec and just hating life because it was so cold...

Yamaha is also famous for having some of the most worthless windshields in the biz with those g string shields they came up with...

27 minutes ago, Edmo said:

We had a brutal winter a couple years ago - seemed like every time we rode it was below zero. I converted to the tall wind shield then and I’m not going back!!!!!!1 

Amen!

Edited by Anler

45 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Agree, low windshields are for 20 somethings. Nothing gayer than a 45+ year old pretending he's still in his 20's, poor Zambozo. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, snoughnut said:

Agree, low windshields are for 20 somethings. Nothing gayer than a 45+ year old pretending he's still in his 20's, poor Zambozo. :lol:

Is this one of those Low-T, “act your age” scoldings?

Yuh, I still have adrenaline pumping through my veins....and pop wood on command.  So, gonna be a while but, save me a chair!  :lol2:

12 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

To get the rest of ya'll pumped up for sledding, here is a interview with my friend & mentor, Roger.

I hope he’ll be at the SX kick off again.  It’s time for him to pass the torch for sure...but to who?  Size 80 shoes.

59 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Hack it out long enough every weekend around the same group of people and you'll get to know many of the them like a dysfunctional family.  

I always like the motor sports racing crowd.  Doesn’t matter what track/course.  The pits are a passionate and somewhat dysfunctional family of retards.  My kinda peeps!  :lol:

20 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

If I ever go back to doing big miles,it will be on a two up. Every comfy gadget will be bolted to it. 

I seriously believe the longest mile day I ever had was around 225 miles, just a few years back.  I’ll never forget that miserable ride on the way back home. 30 miles of hating my sled, those shitty trails and myself for doing it!!!

The last time I felt that way was when I had to limp my crumpled up shit back from a Culver’s.  Pulling the sled into the garage and dismounting for the day will rank up there in my happiest moments book!  FFS!!!!

:wall:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

If I ever go back to doing big miles,it will be on a two up. Every comfy gadget will be bolted to it. 

We said fug it and sold both sleds. We bought the big comfy couch with the air susp, heated seat, heated storage compartment and a few more standard options. With the 900 Ace, r-motion it should be a long day sled

Edited by smokin george
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I seriously believe the longest mile day I ever had was around 225 miles, just a few years back.  I’ll never forget that miserable ride on the way back home. 30 miles of hating my sled, those shitty trails and myself for doing it!!!

The last time I felt that way was when I had to limp my crumpled up shit back from a Culver’s.  Pulling the sled into the garage and dismounting for the day will rank up there in my happiest moments book!  FFS!!!!

:wall:

SMH  225 is a normal day ride.  I never cracked 400 but plenty of days in the 3's 

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

SMH  225 is a normal day ride.  I never cracked 400 but plenty of days in the 3's 

Fuck that noize.  To me, at a certain mileage point, it just becomes a form of transportation.  I have more comfortable vehicles in which to do that.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Fuck that noize.  To me, at a certain mileage point, it just becomes a form of transportation.  I have more comfortable vehicles in which to do that.

I go up N to ride, not sit around in the bar and BS and get hammered. I can do that at home for A LOT cheaper IF I wanted to. If we don't git at least 200 a day I'm pissed. I'm not driving 5+ hours for sleds to sit parked. 

59 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We said fug it and sold both sleds. We bought the big comfy couch with the air susp, heated seat, heated storage compartment and a few more standard options. With the 900 Ace, r-motion it should be a long day sled

I've got a long way to go before I do that. Maybe never. My wife hates winter. 

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I go up N to ride, not sit around in the bar and BS and get hammered. I can do that at home for A LOT cheaper IF I wanted to. If we don't git at least 200 a day I'm pissed. I'm not driving 5+ hours for sleds to sit parked. 

I moved to where I can enjoy this sport from my driveway.  I can go and come back home two or three times a day...and sometimes do.  I understand many don’t have that luxury though.  It’s weird, it seems the 200 mile mark is what most expect to put in when they come up here also.  I think that’s the generally accepted number for some reason.  :dunno:

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I moved to where I can enjoy this sport from my driveway.  I can go and come back home two or three times a day...and sometimes do.  I understand many don’t have that luxury though.  It’s weird, it seems the 200 mile mark is what most expect to put in when they come up here also.  I think that’s the generally accepted number for some reason.  :dunno:

I use to do more back in the day.  Problem now is getting people up and moving in the morning. Another bad thing about bigger groups. Getting everyone up and ready. Having their morning coffee. Gotta eat, gotta shit. Gotta do this, gotta do that. Dilly dallying around on FB and Twitter, ect, instead of getting their gear ready.   I wasn't a morning person when I was 18 and neither is my kid.  If we were out earlier we'd be doing 250+ a day , EASILY. 

I try to get my stuff ready the night before. That way I'm not in a rush come morning. Communicators plugged in the charger, everything dry and organized. Tunnel bag squared away, ect.  

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS