Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member

Just got home from the Big East power sports show, was decent, they changed venues from downtown Syracuse to the Fairgrounds..

One thing that's fucked..Cat didn't have a booth..😐 Not cool..

IMG_20190927_173159689.jpg

IMG_20190927_173207421.jpg

IMG_20190927_173216704.jpg

IMG_20190927_173833870.jpg

IMG_20190927_173845212.jpg

IMG_20190927_173850968.jpg

IMG_20190927_181126476.jpg

IMG_20190927_181119271.jpg

IMG_20190927_181131767.jpg

IMG_20190927_181142359.jpg

IMG_20190927_181340157.jpg

IMG_20190927_182122694.jpg

• Like 2

IMG_20190927_202827480.thumb.jpg.4b62f0b130333cde672d6b48ddccbbe2.jpg

Red skid plate 

IMG_20190927_202927486.thumb.jpg.717227ef25a799b32f6474285349d311.jpg

Red ski loops, hand guard insert, and ultra low winds deflector. 

IMG_20190927_203154486.thumb.jpg.ad8737c3a645f4f26ce001997f71f2ca.jpg

Red hifax, LED headlight and LinQ mounting hardware. 

I have a $500 voucher from SkiDoo. Emailed the parts girl today (who is hot as fuck BTW) Had her order me the manual pull start kit and the 2 auxiliary LED lights. 

• Like 2

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Wish they'd do that for ag equipment.

Use to buy my stuff from a place in Ohio, but the no longer do the free shipping. Someone on DT posted about JCPS and I've been using them ever since. Just gotta order over $100 to get the free shipping.  And we all know that's easy to do :lol:

52 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

IMG_20190927_202827480.thumb.jpg.4b62f0b130333cde672d6b48ddccbbe2.jpg

Red skid plate 

IMG_20190927_202927486.thumb.jpg.717227ef25a799b32f6474285349d311.jpg

Red ski loops, hand guard insert, and ultra low winds deflector. 

IMG_20190927_203154486.thumb.jpg.ad8737c3a645f4f26ce001997f71f2ca.jpg

Red hifax, LED headlight and LinQ mounting hardware. 

I have a $500 voucher from SkiDoo. Emailed the parts girl today (who is hot as fuck BTW) Had her order me the manual pull start kit and the 2 auxiliary LED lights. 

Are those hand guard inserts in Lava red? Doo doesn’t offer that color in their catalog. :dunno: 

14 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

Are those hand guard inserts in Lava red? Doo doesn’t offer that color in their catalog. :dunno: 

They call it Can Am Red. No they aren't listed in the catalog, but they're available on the BC XRS

2019-Ski-Doo-Backcountry-X-RS-2-1000x722.jpg_cf.jpg.dc66eeb88c1a17c4e1cafd191c9f4f1f.jpg

and a few other models.

LH 517306643

RH 517306644

$27.99 each 

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Use to buy my stuff from a place in Ohio, but the no longer do the free shipping. Someone on DT posted about JCPS and I've been using them ever since. Just gotta order over $100 to get the free shipping.  And we all know that's easy to do :lol:

Jaycox is also a big CaseNH dealer.

7 hours ago, irv said:

2 things I'd want extended warranty on are Ford trucks and Polaris snowmobiles. Those are no brainers, imo, but then again, a wise man wouldn't purchase either if he was hoping to avoid problems. 

:stirthepot:

I enjoy a performance sled not a ladies machine!!! :snack: 

:bc: :lol: 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, smokin george said:

Anyone ever ceramic coat their sled? This stuff is amazing. Easy to apply ,brings out the shine and lasts a long time

20190927_151901.jpg

I've never used a ceramic coating on any of my sleds, just Plexus or Ipone cleaner/wax type products which are spray and wipes. This year I tried some Meguiar's Ultimate fast finish on my wife's and son's cars and I was real happy with the results. Both vehicles had my go to wax on them in Collinite 845 Insulator wax which I applied at least a week prior. After a good wash and dry I applied the Meguiar's UFF and was real happy with the results.

What's the story behind that particular sealant, George? There are a ton of them out there so I am just wondering why that one? Turtle Wax, which is finally pumping out decent products again and have an excellent one in Seal and Shine, (according to reviews), so I was thinking of maybe trying it when my UFF is used up. 

22 minutes ago, irv said:

I've never used a ceramic coating on any of my sleds, just Plexus or Ipone cleaner/wax type products which are spray and wipes. This year I tried some Meguiar's Ultimate fast finish on my wife's and son's cars and I was real happy with the results. Both vehicles had my go to wax on them in Collinite 845 Insulator wax which I applied at least a week prior. After a good wash and dry I applied the Meguiar's UFF and was real happy with the results.

What's the story behind that particular sealant, George? There are a ton of them out there so I am just wondering why that one? Turtle Wax, which is finally pumping out decent products again and have an excellent one in Seal and Shine, (according to reviews), so I was thinking of maybe trying it when my UFF is used up. 

A buddy uses it in his detailing shop and it's some pretty slick stuff. It'll last a long time once applied and I've seen some of the cars,boats and trailers he's done. I'm gonna order off Amazon and start applying it on my stuff especially on the tunnel of the new sled so it won't get scuffed

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, smokin george said:

A buddy uses it in his detailing shop and it's some pretty slick stuff. It'll last a long time once applied and I've seen some of the cars,boats and trailers he's done. I'm gonna order off Amazon and start applying it on my stuff especially on the tunnel of the new sled so it won't get scuffed

Thanks, George. :bc:

I think I am going to try my Mcguiar's UFF on my boat and engine before storage this year and also my sleds? I like Plexus but it is getting crazy expensive so I'll like just stick with cheaper products that also do a great job. 

I've been tempted now for some time to try a product like yours on my vehicles but I want to do the whole shebang in wash, clay, polish with an orbital polisher, etc, etc, etc, before I do. The trouble here is I'll likely need a whole day but without having a dedicated shady spot anywhere, it makes it tough. 

4 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Never used any of that ceramic coating. Been using this in the garage for cleaning tho.  

35421.thumb.jpeg.92c81fcf1efb6cb69a0c07700a68391a.jpeg

I was skeptical at first because they sell it at the dollar store. But it really does work.

I've heard that as well and am tempted to get some. I believe it is at Dollar Tree stores up here but I'll have to do a search to see if any are around me?

Imo, any decent cleaner needs to have citrus in it. I'm not sure that stuff does but I would be surprised if it didn't?

6 minutes ago, irv said:

I've heard that as well and am tempted to get some. I believe it is at Dollar Tree stores up here but I'll have to do a search to see if any are around me?

Imo, any decent cleaner needs to have citrus in it. I'm not sure that stuff does but I would be surprised if it didn't?

It really does work.  Sprayed it on lower side panel trim where the exhaust exits and it literally just starts dripping off and taking the exhaust residue with it 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, irv said:

Thanks, George. :bc:

I think I am going to try my Mcguiar's UFF on my boat and engine before storage this year and also my sleds? I like Plexus but it is getting crazy expensive so I'll like just stick with cheaper products that also do a great job. 

I've been tempted now for some time to try a product like yours on my vehicles but I want to do the whole shebang in wash, clay, polish with an orbital polisher, etc, etc, etc, before I do. The trouble here is I'll likely need a whole day but without having a dedicated shady spot anywhere, it makes it tough. 

I'm helping out at my buddies shop and learning a few tricks. We're doing a couple boats ( on site) on Balsam. One is a new Yamaha jet boat that I polished and will ceramic coat next week and the other a 20yr old 29ft cruiser. My buddy is doing the wet sanding and I'm doing the compound/polish and then hitting it with the coating. It's looking amazing already and were not done yet. He did my boat and it looks good

4 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I'm helping out at my buddies shop and learning a few tricks. We're doing a couple boats ( on site) on Balsam. One is a new Yamaha jet boat that I polished and will ceramic coat next week and the other a 20yr old 29ft cruiser. My buddy is doing the wet sanding and I'm doing the compound/polish and then hitting it with the coating. It's looking amazing already and were not done yet. He did my boat and it looks good

I assume you are using orbital polishers on boats that size? I purchased a Porter cable polisher last year but I haven't used it yet mostly due to time and the weather. I purchased this one as it has a clutch in it so you can't overdo it and burn the paint. I need my nephew to show me some tricks as he has his own side business, which you likely seen on FB. He does some nice work.

https://www.amazon.ca/Chemical-Detailing-Complete-Backing-Accessories/dp/B003UW1IQU/ref=asc_df_B003UW1IQU/?tag=googleshopc0c-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=292996844778&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14105538498086936702&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9000752&hvtargid=pla-435350751029&psc=1

I used Mcguiar's Ultimate compoud on my boat engine by hand and was real happy with the results so I know with using an orbital things turn out even better.

12 hours ago, rump-rider said:

Nice!  I don't know how you aren't chomping at the bit to get your sled in your barn.

8 hours ago, Kev144 said:

I enjoy a performance sled not a ladies machine!!! :snack: 

:bc: :lol: 

I thought you owned a Poo?  This doesn't make any sense at all.

2 hours ago, Reevester said:

600 CEE CEEs of performance ahhhaha. :lol:

800 class "performance" machines for non-performance riders?  How do you Armor-All your Klim gear?  I'm seriously laughing because I know you all do that.  You all look so clean and tidy when you finally wave me by while I'm modeling my galoshes, track pants and pitt coat.   :lol:

It's really funny watching you try to catch up too.  Don't lie...you know you do that also.  :lol2:

• Haha 1