Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Got the turbo ace buttoned up this week after some tweaks to make it better in deeper snow.  1.75” x 16” track, Pilot 6.9s with 6” center and 4” on outside keel, one tooth lower gearing on top, adjustable riser and grab handle, heavier torsions and a few other goodies.  Looking for a deal on some skid shocks, the stocker gets overwhelmed pretty easy.  Cant wait to ride this winter!  Got a couple Quebec trips on the itinerary this season.

0B6D5A92-DC9C-482C-9777-D5D5A28B96E9.thumb.jpeg.31131e6191b2e814a2a89fdcfcbcc055.jpeg

:thumbsup: looking good :bc:

Would look even better if you got rid of those warning labels tho :news:

Get ahold of Ian @ Monster Performance. He has new take offs for good prices and lots of other options   :bc:

54 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Agreed. 

It's 100% true 

51 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nice updates.  Why not just revalve the center?  What is that on your floor or, why is your sled in the living room?  Either way...I like it!

Non rebuild able shocks on the Adrenaline 

34 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

how can you pay this amount of money this day and age for non rebuild able shocks?

Marketing. They're trying to get you to upgrade to the X or XRS 

Adrenaline is the entry level for the Renegade 850, 900t, 600Etec and 900ACE 

37 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

how can you pay this amount of money this day and age for non rebuild able shocks?

There's a pretty good chance if I buy a consumer sled next, I'm just gonna buy a "base" model and build it up from there.  I can make it twice the sled of any top end model with the money savings.  A good summer project.

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

There's a pretty good chance if I buy a consumer sled next, I'm just gonna buy a "base" model and build it up from there.  I can make it twice the sled of any top end model with the money savings.  A good summer project.

I doubt you can buy a adrenaline for example and upgrade it where it's actually cheaper.   Shocks alone are 1500 or so for half decent set.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I doubt you can buy a adrenaline for example and upgrade it where it's actually cheaper.   Shocks alone are 1500 or so for half decent set.   

I'd run better shocks than that!  I didn't say the whole thing would end up being cheaper.  But it'd be a helluva sled for about the same money and I could make it what I wanted.  Gearing, clutching, shocks, track, bracing, etc.  

11 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

ZBros center and rear for my kids '12 TNT were $1,1??  And that was just for Exit X-1s.  Fronts would have been another $1,400. And those aren't their best offerings. 

I paid $1,000 for all 4 used '13 XRS shocks off a guy on DooTalk. Ian gave me a $500 credit for the rear and center (couldn't swap shafts and make them work for a 137") and $300 for the TNT fronts, towards the Exits. 

XRS shocks brand new are $4k+ for all 4

AHAHAHHAH!  Just found this on Craig's.  First line in his ad made me belly laugh!  :lmao:

Kids with paper routes, please stop making
unrealistic offers, your wasting your time and mine

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/atq/d/minneapolis-ski-doo-850/6938819898.html

First off....you aren't getting that for your sled.  Second, "you're"  :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

AHAHAHHAH!  Just found this on Craig's.  First line in his ad made me belly laugh!  :lmao:

Kids with paper routes, please stop making
unrealistic offers, your wasting your time and mine

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/atq/d/minneapolis-ski-doo-850/6938819898.html

First off....you aren't getting that for your sled.  Second, "you're"  :lol: 

:lol:

Yea, he's on crack if he thinks he's getting that :lmao:

9 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

:lol:

Yea, he's on crack if he thinks he's getting that :lmao:

Yeah, it's probably mint like he says though.  He bought it and played "dress up" with the ski doo accessory catalog.  Garage queen. 

Still, sled can be had new, out the door for less right now.  I guess he figures his heated shield plug, gauntlets and bitchin' shock covers are worth it.  LOL  Gonna text him and tell him he can take off all that shit and I'll give him $9k....CASH!!!!  :lol: 

Just now, Zambroski said:

Yeah, it's probably mint like he says though.  He bought it and played "dress up" with the ski doo accessory catalog.  Garage queen. 

Still, sled can be had new, out the door for less right now.  I guess he figures his heated shield plug, gauntlets and bitchin' shock covers are worth it.  LOL  Gonna text him and tell him he can take off all that shit and I'll give him $9k....CASH!!!!  :lol: 

You can't get that sled for that price right now (not here anyway). But you will be able to come December

5 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

:thumbsup: looking good :bc:

Would look even better if you got rid of those warning labels tho :news:

Get ahold of Ian @ Monster Performance. He has new take offs for good prices and lots of other options   :bc:

It's 100% true 

Non rebuild able shocks on the Adrenaline 

Yeah he seems to have the best deals.  He’s done a couple suspensions for me over the years....  :bc: 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah he seems to have the best deals.  He’s done a couple suspensions for me over the years....  :bc: 

He definitely has the best deals for take offs. And he knows what he's doing and what he's talking about.  :bc:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Kev144 said:

6 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Marketing. They're trying to get you to upgrade to the X or XRS 

Adrenaline is the entry level for the Renegade 850, 900t, 600Etec and 900ACE 

And plenty of people just don't care what it has for shocks. They buy the sled and ride.

I've had X's and SnoPro's and what not. I have had an X here for the last 3 years with the "whoop-dee-do" adjusters on the runningboards.

Meh. I moved all the settings to the middle and ride.....lol

Every day the trail is different and every ride is at a different pace. I'm not fucking with the knobs....lol

I prefer to ride my Turbo LXR with its cheap shocks. No rebuilding/revalving needed. No adjustments to fuck with. Just a nice comfy ride.

Thinking about getting the shocks rebuilt on the old lady's '12 Vector though. Its getting old and so is she.....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

And plenty of people just don't care what it has for shocks. They buy the sled and ride.

I've had X's and SnoPro's and what not. I have had an X here for the last 3 years with the "whoop-dee-do" adjusters on the runningboards.

Every day the trail is different and every ride is at a different pace. I'm not fucking with the knobs....lol

I prefer to ride my Turbo LXR with its cheap shocks. No rebuilding/revalving needed. No adjustments to fuck with. Just a nice comfy ride.

Thinking about getting the shocks rebuilt on the old lady's '12 Vector though. Its getting old and so is she.....lol

No thanks. 

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

75%+ of the riders out there barely utilize the LXR/Blizzard/base line package of shocks offered by all manufacturers.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

75%+ of the riders out there barely utilize the LXR/Blizzard/base line package of shocks offered by all manufacturers.  

Those are actually better shocks than you think. They're no where near "base line package".  As for the rest , no one needs a CPL either. But it sure is nice having one if you have to drive thru a shitty area.  Better to have and not need, than need and not have.    We use to beat the shit out of ourselves on sleds that had hardly any suspension at all.  Why would I keep doing that shit now that I'm older , on the same trails that get beat to to fuck,when there's sled with much better suspension available? 

7 hours ago, Edmo said:

Baby Blue trail permits this year!!!!1

:puke: 

77007F6D-1E9E-4890-AE83-39F8B3485DB9.jpeg

And orange registration :flush:

11 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I get that, but I’m kind of fussy after years of mx racing.  My Adrenaline rides like a Cadillac on groomed trails, but if it starts getting shelled out like many Saturday afternoons do, it starts clanking off the the bump stops pretty easy. I’m a fairly big boy plus I carry a good amount of gear and often gas on the back, and the stock springs were just too soft.  Did a spring upgrade and revalve on my Freeride a couple years ago, and it was probably the best working suspension I’ve had, so im going for a similar outcome here.  The adjustable bars will be mint for stand up riding too.  

39 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I get that, but I’m kind of fussy after years of mx racing.  My Adrenaline rides like a Cadillac on groomed trails, but if it starts getting shelled out like many Saturday afternoons do, it starts clanking off the the bump stops pretty easy. I’m a fairly big boy plus I carry a good amount of gear and often gas on the back, and the stock springs were just too soft.  Did a spring upgrade and revalve on my Freeride a couple years ago, and it was probably the best working suspension I’ve had, so im going for a similar outcome here.  The adjustable bars will be mint for stand up riding too.  

Bingo 

I've got the cheap oil filled shocks on the Gade Sport and the center shock is the only half decent one on the sled. I was going to change them on both sleds but wasn't going to spend that kinda money. We were out on a whooped out trail so I started adjusting from the fronts so it wouldn't bottom out and be too stiff then did the rear blocks. I got them both set up for each of us and could the stutterbumps at a good clip. Just doing that worked out good and saved some money

24 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I've got the cheap oil filled shocks on the Gade Sport and the center shock is the only half decent one on the sled. I was going to change them on both sleds but wasn't going to spend that kinda money. We were out on a whooped out trail so I started adjusting from the fronts so it wouldn't bottom out and be too stiff then did the rear blocks. I got them both set up for each of us and could the stutterbumps at a good clip. Just doing that worked out good and saved some money

We’re pretty much on beat up trail avoidance at this point. I don’t do a lot of destination trips where you have to. Mostly just cottage loops and have been riding the same area for years so I know all the short cuts and what gets destroyed and when. It’s easy to plan around riding beat up trails.

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

We’re pretty much on beat up trail avoidance at this point. I don’t do a lot of destination trips where you have to. Mostly just cottage loops and have been riding the same area for years so I know all the short cuts and what gets destroyed and when. It’s easy to plan around riding beat up trails.

We have a pretty good trail system around here and alot flock to the area. We can leave in the morning on smooth trails and ride back on shit in the afternoon. This winter it'll be mostly riding during the week

13 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I only got the xcr because it was a left over and same price as another dealer for the lower model. I could care less about the xcr race bracing etc.