Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

19 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

It really does work.  Sprayed it on lower side panel trim where the exhaust exits and it literally just starts dripping off and taking the exhaust residue with it 

I've used a product called Citro gleam for years now and it works awesome. Supposedly I can purchase it from this store being an OPG employee and supposedly get it for around 75% off according to my neighbor?

I dilute the shit out of it and it still works great. I'll have to compare it with your product to see which is better/cheaper then take it from there. 

https://www.swishclean.com/product.htm?Product=4014-1&Source=Category&Category=MISC

Edited by irv

2 minutes ago, irv said:

I assume you are using orbital polishers on boats that size? I purchased a Porter cable polisher last year but I haven't used it yet mostly due to time and the weather. I purchased this one as it has a clutch in it so you can't overdo it and burn the paint. I need my nephew to show me some tricks as he has his own side business, which you likely seen on FB. He does some nice work.

https://www.amazon.ca/Chemical-Detailing-Complete-Backing-Accessories/dp/B003UW1IQU/ref=asc_df_B003UW1IQU/?tag=googleshopc0c-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=292996844778&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14105538498086936702&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9000752&hvtargid=pla-435350751029&psc=1

I used Mcguiar's Ultimate compoud on my boat engine by hand and was real happy with the results so I know with using an orbital things turn out even better.

Yes on the orbital sanders. I'm going to pick one up myself and get the right compounds etc. Its pretty neat learning learning this stuff and once I get better I'm going to do all my stuff as well. Your motor looks awesome. 

9 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Yes on the orbital sanders. I'm going to pick one up myself and get the right compounds etc. Its pretty neat learning learning this stuff and once I get better I'm going to do all my stuff as well. Your motor looks awesome. 

Thanks, George. :bc:

I really want to get into this as well but I think watching/learning from my nephew first is a good idea. I've watched a ton of youtube vids and nothing looks too difficult but of course most are pro's and know what to use and how to use them so that is what I need to see/learn from him. 

My wife's car has some spots on the hood where she parked under some type of tree last year and marked it bad, imo. I know they can be removed with the right products and an orbital but I am nervous about going at it unexperienced. I try to keep her car, especially, looked after but it's not the vehicle to learn on, imo. I need a junker to practice on.

WP_20180523_18_40_04_Pro.jpg

WP_20181021_14_17_26_Pro.jpg

Sue's car.JPG

WP_20181021_14_17_07_Pro (2).jpg

Edited by irv

3 hours ago, irv said:

I've heard that as well and am tempted to get some. I believe it is at Dollar Tree stores up here but I'll have to do a search to see if any are around me?

Imo, any decent cleaner needs to have citrus in it. I'm not sure that stuff does but I would be surprised if it didn't?

Dollar trees are all over Ontario Irv :)

3 hours ago, irv said:

Thanks, George. :bc:

I really want to get into this as well but I think watching/learning from my nephew first is a good idea. I've watched a ton of youtube vids and nothing looks too difficult but of course most are pro's and know what to use and how to use them so that is what I need to see/learn from him. 

My wife's car has some spots on the hood where she parked under some type of tree last year and marked it bad, imo. I know they can be removed with the right products and an orbital but I am nervous about going at it unexperienced. I try to keep her car, especially, looked after but it's not the vehicle to learn on, imo. I need a junker to practice on.

WP_20180523_18_40_04_Pro.jpg

WP_20181021_14_17_26_Pro.jpg

Sue's car.JPG

WP_20181021_14_17_07_Pro (2).jpg

I'm a total amateur but I think like a bug and tar remover would clean that right up Irv :)

Edited by Momorider

16 minutes ago, Momorider said:

I'm a total amateur but I think like a bug and tar remover would clean that right up Irv :)

wd40 should clean that right up but given all the scratch and swirl in the paint I would see if you can find someone local to do a full paint correction then ceramic it.  experienced guy can make the black look like glass,  inexperience you can make it even worse.  I'll compound light cars myself but not dark ones.  

2 hours ago, Momorider said:

Dollar trees are all over Ontario Irv :)

One at Taunton and Harmony. :bc:

2 hours ago, Momorider said:

It's into the paint and wrinkled from the acid/fall out that was in it. I will be surprised if that spot comes out with just compounds and an orbital as I think it will need a wet sand, polish and wax to remove it? Hope I'm wrong, however! 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

wd40 should clean that right up but given all the scratch and swirl in the paint I would see if you can find someone local to do a full paint correction then ceramic it.  experienced guy can make the black look like glass,  inexperience you can make it even worse.  I'll compound light cars myself but not dark ones.  

It definitely needs a full paint correction for the swirls but like I wrote above, I don't think just a compound will work as the paint is etched, imo.

Appreciate the help/tips though, guys. :bc:

1 hour ago, irv said:

One at Taunton and Harmony. :bc:

It's into the paint and wrinkled from the acid/fall out that was in it. I will be surprised if that spot comes out with just compounds and an orbital as I think it will need a wet sand, polish and wax to remove it? Hope I'm wrong, however! 

It definitely needs a full paint correction for the swirls but like I wrote above, I don't think just a compound will work as the paint is etched, imo.

Appreciate the help/tips though, guys. :bc:

The swirls happen when they drive it off the assembly line and drive it threw a brush car wash at the end of the line, I kid you not :guzzle:

16 minutes ago, Momorider said:

The swirls happen when they drive it off the assembly line and drive it threw a brush car wash at the end of the line, I kid you not :guzzle:

I believe it. All vehicles have it but of course they are easier to see on dark vehicles, especially black ones like my wife's car. I like a clean looking car but if it is going to be a pile of work to keep every swirl/blemish out/off of it, then I don't see the point, especiall with a daily driver.

Lots on the market nowadays, however, so if I can get my nephew to remove those marks/swirls and if he says with a ceramic top coat or whatever will keep them at bay for an extended period of time, then I may just go for it, but if this is going to become a montly routine, then I can live with them. 

3 minutes ago, irv said:

I believe it. All vehicles have it but of course they are easier to see on dark vehicles, especially black ones like my wife's car. I like a clean looking car but if it is going to be a pile of work to keep every swirl/blemish out/off of it, then I don't see the point, especiall with a daily driver.

Lots on the market nowadays, however, so if I can get my nephew to remove those marks/swirls and if he says with a ceramic top coat or whatever will keep them at bay for an extended period of time, then I may just go for it, but if this is going to become a montly routine, then I can live with them. 

I know your retired but take it too your body guy Irv :bc:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
48 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i buy a dark vehicle every decade or so and it reminds me why i usually drive white and silver.  No swirls really in the light green of the explorer but can still see scratches and it tweaks the ocd a lot

Most of mine are white. Wife's is black. Needs a carwash driving home from the carwash

Snow that covered the ground in southern Alberta yesterday.

We had some snow in Edmonton today but it didn't last more than a couple of seconds after it hit the ground.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

i buy a dark vehicle every decade or so and it reminds me why i usually drive white and silver.  No swirls really in the light green of the explorer but can still see scratches and it tweaks the ocd a lot

16 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Most of mine are white. Wife's is black. Needs a carwash driving home from the carwash

2 colors I'll never own again are black and white

47 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

2 colors I'll never own again are black and white

Why not white? I love mine compared to my last 3 black trucks. Silver is likely the best at hiding dirt but white isn't far behind, imo.

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

After about 175k, you just say fuck it and whatever happens, happens.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, irv said:

Why not white? I love mine compared to my last 3 black trucks. Silver is likely the best at hiding dirt but white isn't far behind, imo.

Looks like shit after about a year.  I hate having to clay bar out those little tiny spots that look like rust but they aren't.

20 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Nice!  I don't know how you aren't chomping at the bit to get your sled in your barn.

I thought you owned a Poo?  This doesn't make any sense at all.

800 class "performance" machines for non-performance riders?  How do you Armor-All your Klim gear?  I'm seriously laughing because I know you all do that.  You all look so clean and tidy when you finally wave me by while I'm modeling my galoshes, track pants and pitt coat.   :lol:

It's really funny watching you try to catch up too.  Don't lie...you know you do that also.  :lol2:

I ride 3x the miles you do a season and spend zero time fiddle fucking with shocks. I have klim gloves that's it. I'm sure your more likely to be waxing a fellow cat riders dolphin you faygit!!!!

8 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Looks like shit after about a year.  I hate having to clay bar out those little tiny spots that look like rust but they aren't.

Yeah, I see those on mine too but you have to be right up to it to actually see them, at least according to my eyes. From what I have been told, those are mostly specks from one's brakes and from rail dust from being delivered by train.

Iron X, although smelly, gets those off as well but I don't think a product exists that will stop them from adhering to anyone's paint? 

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

I ride 3x the miles you do a season and spend zero time fiddle fucking with shocks. I have klim gloves that's it. I'm sure your more likely to be waxing a fellow cat riders dolphin you faygit!!!!

NewBoom :owned: