Check your account email address ×

Great deal on cordless tool kit.

• Platinum Contributing Member

This is a great deal for occasional work around the home and shop.   $66 per tool.  

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Combo-Tool-Kit-9-Tool-with-3-4-0-Ah-Batteries-Charger-and-Tool-Bag-2695-29P/306190861

Edited by Highmark

Its a fair deal because it comes with a lot of different tools.  All of those tools are geared more toward a basic home owner and not someone who works the tools very hard.  None of those tools have the Fuel Brushless motors.  In fact I don't see brushless mentioned anywhere on that product description so those are the bottom of the line Milwaukee cordless tools.  

I have all Milwaukee Fuel tools at home.  About $2000 worth.  They are decent but the batteries fail way too frequently.  My contractor buddies are typically going through one new battery per van every 2 weeks with their Milwaukee Fuel tools.  I've gone through 4 new batteries in 3 years.  

I have all Dewalt 20v Max brushless tools in the Motorhome.  The Dewalts are holding up great and the tools are more powerful.  I can charge all my Dewalt batteries and put them on the shelf and they are still fully charged 4 months later.  Several of my Milwaukee batteries are dead after 6 weeks sitting on the shelf.  

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Its a fair deal because it comes with a lot of different tools.  All of those tools are geared more toward a basic home owner and not someone who works the tools very hard.  None of those tools have the Fuel Brushless motors.  In fact I don't see brushless mentioned anywhere on that product description so those are the bottom of the line Milwaukee cordless tools.  

I have all Milwaukee Fuel tools at home.  About $2000 worth.  They are decent but the batteries fail way too frequently.  My contractor buddies are typically going through one new battery per van every 2 weeks with their Milwaukee Fuel tools.  I've gone through 4 new batteries in 3 years.  

I have all Dewalt 20v Max brushless tools in the Motorhome.  The Dewalts are holding up great and the tools are more powerful.  I can charge all my Dewalt batteries and put them on the shelf and they are still fully charged 4 months later.  Several of my Milwaukee batteries are dead after 6 weeks sitting on the shelf.  

I am liking the dewalt better lately. We have used Milwaukee and Makita pretty heavily and batteries have been a problem more so on the milwaukees. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I am liking the dewalt better lately. We have used Milwaukee and Makita pretty heavily and batteries have been a problem more so on the milwaukees. 

I think batteries tend to be the biggest complaint for most people.  Mine probably suffer from under-use and die that way.  

Just now, Anler said:

The batteries are junk.  I buy the very best Red Litium XC 5.0's.  They retail for nearly $130 each.  I just had another one fail.  It's only a year old.  I will see if it will be replaced under warranty

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I think batteries tend to be the biggest complaint for most people.  Mine probably suffer from under-use and die that way.  

Mine definitely suffer from under use too but that is no reason for them to just fail to take a charge.  

Keep batteries and charger in the house/basement at normal temps. Charge the batteries full and pull out of charger. An LI battery will only loose 1%/mo of charge with no draw..

My Hitachi set was made January 3rd 2009 and still rocking

15434394709324452163226912560806.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

I recently purchased approx. $5,000 in DeWalt products over the course of 2 years, some of it uses 60 volt batteries. So far I'm liking DeWalt.

My BIL is a general contractor in southern Illinois.  He just swapped over to all Dewalt stuff too, some of it 60v.  He loves it.  His FlexVolt dual power 60VDC/120VAC table saw and compound miter are bad ass.  Throw in the battery for a few hours of  perfect cuts or plug in to AC for all day performance.  

Ridgid is what I use.  Lifetime warranty including on batteries that come with a set.  The big batteries they have 2 packs for $100 around the holidays.  I wouldn't use them professionally, but around the house they are fine.

I have relatively few cordless tools.  Buy a corded one and you have a lifetime tool.

51 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Ridgid is what I use.  Lifetime warranty including on batteries that come with a set.  The big batteries they have 2 packs for $100 around the holidays.  I wouldn't use them professionally, but around the house they are fine.

I have relatively few cordless tools.  Buy a corded one and you have a lifetime tool.

Have both Milwaukee and Rigid, both great.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Have both Milwaukee and Rigid, both great.

Only issue we have with Milwaukee is my dads set will trip the battery and it has to go back on the charger to reset it.  Not real convenient when he is putting up a deer stand.

The Milwaukee will drive 3" long deck screws much faster than the Ridgid will.  One project I put in ~3000 screws with 2 Ridgid impact drivers.  When one got too hot to hold onto I switched to the other.  No issues with either.

I just got the latest and greatest fuel last week. It’s a 1 1/2 shorter than the last fuel. I’ve never had problems with anybody’s battery?  All of my Bosch stuff is starting to die. As it dies, I will be going with fuel.  

DE8C84B3-50C5-449C-B06D-CA2E44E6CAB8.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yeah, my Milwaukee hammer drill has 2 batteries.  I replaced both after 3 years. My dewalt ia still going on originals 

14 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

I needed to replace my work drill and just picked up the 20 v brushless. Nice drill

For a small impact Ive had this for 3 yrs and have only charged the battery a couple times. Can sit there for months and when ya go to use it it jams.

https://store.snapon.com/CT761-Series-14-4-Volt-MicroLithium-Impact-Wrenches-14-4-V-3-8-Drive-MicroLithium-Cordless-Impact-Wrench-Tool-Only--P892832.aspx

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

For a small impact Ive had this for 3 yrs and have only charged the battery a couple times. Can sit there for months and when ya go to use it it jams.

https://store.snapon.com/CT761-Series-14-4-Volt-MicroLithium-Impact-Wrenches-14-4-V-3-8-Drive-MicroLithium-Cordless-Impact-Wrench-Tool-Only--P892832.aspx

X2 and if you need more snot:

https://store.snapon.com/Drills-Drivers-1-2-18-V-MonsterLithium-Slide-on-Battery-Cordless-Hammer-Drill-Kit-P814826.aspx

Maximum Stall Torque, in-lb

This thing will twist your arm.

Edited by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

I just ripped out a kitchen floor using that 6 1/2 Milwaukee cordless and the batteries started to hate it. I had tong and grove with plywood on top of that and then a layer of vinyl so it was over an inch thick

29 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I just ripped out a kitchen floor using that 6 1/2 Milwaukee cordless and the batteries started to hate it. I had tong and grove with plywood on top of that and then a layer of vinyl so it was over an inch thick

I had water damage in upstairs bath ceiling 2 winters ago. 3 fucking ceilings.