Check your account email address ×

Driving through Detroit at night...priceless.

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

News and TV :frech:

News.

TV.

Do want me to post more?

Could you?

I only live here, so I never see blacks committing crimes on the news.

Do I really have to spell it out for you ? When they talk about Detroit and the great comeback. They GENERALLY show the nice block downtown and not the burned out ghettos.

I have seen Chicago on the local news and I don't think it ever included a grand tour of the wonderful housing projects.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Could you?

Do I really have to spell it out for you ? When they talk about Detroit and the great comeback. They GENERALLY show the nice block downtown and not the burned out ghettos.

I have seen Chicago on the local news and I don't think it ever included a grand tour of the wonderful housing projects.

1st bold: Of course they are going to accentuate the positive as they are trying to bring back growth and vitality to Detroit, and make no mistake that Detroit is a wide open canvas that has much potential for both and in fact you can see it around the core.

2nd bold: It's on the news just about every night, Chicago has some violent motherfuckers that for the most part are located in just a handful of pockets in the city.

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Did you video it and put it on the news or is this just another attempt at trying to prove you're the real deal?

Hey , he went in and got the job done ...... a regular Snake Plisskin I tell ya !!    :bc:

27 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Btw,. Congrats on that big gig.

I'm really impressed.

:bc:

It was a good project to have in very tough economic times, we were also doing Ohio at the same time, on the day we kicked off the project I started the Cleveland crews and then as I was heading to Detroit later that morning for a lunch meeting in Center Line somewhere on Van Dyke near 10 Mile they announced on the news that GM declared bankruptcy, the depression in town was overwhelming, I remember it was a cloudy gray day and the news crews were camped out by a GM plant with there TV lights on....sad.

We had Detroit and Chicago guys working side by side that summer, everyone happy to have a job, O'Reilly's to this day is my auto parts store :bc: 

10 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

1st bold: Of course they are going to accentuate the positive as they are trying to bring back growth and vitality to Detroit, and make no mistake that Detroit is a wide open canvas that has much potential for both and in fact you can see it around the core.

2nd bold: It's on the news just about every night, Chicago has some violent motherfuckers that for the most part are located in just a handful of pockets in the city.

1st bold :

What are you arguing about then? That is the point I was making.

Make no mistake, Detroit is a cesspool of crime, and until you acknowledge and deal with that predatory element there will be no resurgence. There is corruption within every part of Detroit's government, schools, public works.

Most do not understand the complexity of the situation Detroit  finds itself in. Detroit is the most segregated City in America, with 700,000 residents, less than the 60's . Chicago has 2 million more residents than Detroit. Politicians like  Obama, Clinton , Biden, can come to Detroit every four years, talk about the comeback, tell Detroiters they  are the most resilient, hard  working, people in the Country, but until you have the balls to address what is in the video you posted, Detroit will never be a vibrant city.   

2nd bold:

None of that makes news here, but if 50 were shot in the suburbs of Illinois it would be all over the news.

• Platinum Contributing Member
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 8:23 AM, Cold War said:

Held off for most of the day .

Left about 230 and beat the rain home.

took those pictures Thursday, not much of a picture taker.

Its better to go down in the week leading up to the cruise.

A lot of cars decked out in Trump support..................Make America great. 

:thumb:  :goodpost:

1 minute ago, Capt.Storm said:

maybe so but the murder/crime numbers keep some people up at night...something must be done!

Nope...just try and keep them contained and maybe start a tour business with bullet proof vans. Sort of like going on a Safari

• Like 1

Detroit has a long and troubled past. I can remember being at the University of Windsor in the late 70's, looking across the river at night and seeing the fires from the race riots that were an almost daily occurrence. We drove across to Detroit once and got lost. A cop car came up beside us and blipped the siren. He said you're lost aren't you. Yup how do you know. Look around.... see anyone who isn't black. Roll up your windows lock your doors and follow us.

22 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

so we can't even solve our own race problems in this country yet we think we should interfere with other countries race/religious problems.

Its the liberal way...are you new here...holy fak. :lol:

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

Detroit has a long and troubled past. I can remember being at the University of Windsor in the late 70's, looking across the river at night and seeing the fires from the race riots that were an almost daily occurrence. We drove across to Detroit once and got lost. A cop car came up beside us and blipped the siren. He said you're lost aren't you. Yup how do you know. Look around.... see anyone who isn't black. Roll up your windows lock your doors and follow us.

My mom has told me stories about all that. She worked downtown for years at the Guardian building and she drove a few black coworkers home during all that. People thought she was nuts

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

My mom has told me stories about all that. She worked downtown for years at the Guardian building and she drove a few black coworkers home during all that. People thought she was nuts

People that thought she was nuts had a good reason to think that. The fires were massive and lots of looting. It was a long time ago though. One of the students in Windsor was in Detroit and headed home before dark set in and things got really rough. He stopped at a phone booth.... (what's a phone booth you say? no such thing as a cell phone) to say he was on his way back. He got shot in the leg. They apparently caught the guy that shot him and asked why he did it. He was white and the shooter didn't like the clothes he was wearing.

Thinking back that far makes me think... damn I'm old.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cold War said:

Could you?

Chicago's housing projects look like 5th avenue compared to the slums if Detroit. 

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

My mom used to tell me stories about pre Coleman Young White Flight Detroit and it sounded great.....the big treat was going downtown to JL Hudsons Department Store.