Check your account email address ×

Driving through Detroit at night...priceless.

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

well some on here called me out on it ..they said as long has their daughter was happy so be it.

Sure but id still have an issue with it....that being said im glad i never had a daughter...cause id have an issue with every guy more then likely.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
51 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

My mom used to tell me stories about pre Coleman Young White Flight Detroit and it sounded great.....the big treat was going downtown to JL Hudsons Department Store.

I don't remember ever getting to see it before it closed and was right there in Hamtramck too. In fact I think we moved North to The Burbs even before it closed

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

My mom used to tell me stories about pre Coleman Young White Flight Detroit and it sounded great.....the big treat was going downtown to JL Hudsons Department Store.

Same here. m y mom still talks about Hudsons

They run a special on PBS about Detroit in the 50-60s . It really is incredible what a beautiful city Detroit used to be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

We used to go see Santa at hudsons down there. Early 60's before the shit hit the fan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

most of you guys would be ok with your daughters marrying black guys so stfu.

I don't have any daughters but it would not be ok because my family is racist. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

I don't remember ever getting to see it before it closed and was right there in Hamtramck too. In fact I think we moved North to The Burbs even before it closed

My dad was born and lived in East Detroit on Woodhall and my mom lived in St. Clair Shores.  My parents divorced around 74-75 and at that time we lived in Grosse Pte. Farms right by St. Paul's Church...later after college in 91 I lived in GP Farms with my brother so my family has some history in the area. My dad and now my brother own Triangle Electric in Madison Heights....a lot has changed over the years.