Check your account email address ×

Winter 2017

13 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

200 miles on and its only Dec.23.  More then a 1/4 of what I did last year.  lol

Ganny? how is it? I'd like to get out tomorrow. I am sure I can beat the 900 kms I put on last year.. even with a warm spell next weel.

• Platinum Contributing Member

I did 165 kms today in District 5. 300 for the week.

Didn't do 1 km here last year.

My buddy in the pic hasn't been on a sled in 8 years. This was at the Teviotdale truck stop.

IMG_1860.JPG

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I did 165 kms today in District 5. 300 for the week.

Didn't do 1 km here last year.

My buddy in the pic hasn't been on a sled in 8 years. This was at the Teviotdale truck stop.

IMG_1860.JPG

He doesn't look to happy.  

30 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Guess it's time to clear it off

20161224_085742.jpg

Definitely time to get that off, George.

I'm anal but I would build a Teepee over that with a tarp or get it shrink wrapped rather than just let the snow accumulate on top of your boat cover as it will severely shorten it's life and may allow water to enter the boat.

Lots are available but it's pretty easy to build your own. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

He doesn't look to happy.  

He had a great time. Glad we went.

Everything is closing now. Probably be at least a month before we get back to open trail here unless we can catch a big storm.

34 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

I wonder how many permit buyers were happy to get out for a run for the last 2 days? 

I know I sure had a big grin when I got out on the trails around Wasaga and New Lowell. I can only imagine the abuse the club volunteers would have gotten if they didn't get out and work the trails. Also who would have had a crystal ball that would tell them what the future will be.

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

I know I sure had a big grin when I got out on the trails around Wasaga and New Lowell. I can only imagine the abuse the club volunteers would have gotten if they didn't get out and work the trails. Also who would have had a crystal ball that would tell them what the future will be.

If you would like to know I can send you our club emails...

5 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

I wonder how much grooming dollars were wasted grooming trails for two days....... and how much equipment was fucked up. 

Seriously....how does a club that received the snow they did, not go and out, which is what the majority or the permit buyers expect?!?!

Sounds like there were lots of people out putting miles on, well before they normally would.....I actually wonder how this affected the full season permit sales, must have been a good thing!

Yeah, we expect it during the season!  We're all permit buyers Yukon, and I'd rather that they sent groomers out when the forecast supported it. 

Why would anybody bitch about non-grooming before Christmas?  This early thaw is exactly the reason why sending out groomers to get stuck, break through the ice, etc. is a stupid decision, and wasteful.  Especially with the long range forecast we had.  Idiotic. 

I've no issues with people riding early when there is no base, lakes aren't frozen, etc.  But ride at your own peril.  I certainly wouldn't complain if December (or April for that matter) had bumpy trails.  What else should I expect? 

We'll revisit this thread in February, when the weather IS good, when the clubs are telling us they're out of money because they wrecked all their machinery and blew their budget in December so that guys could ride around on groomed mud.  Lol

Edited by Puzzleboy