Check your account email address ×

Winter 2017

We always stay there as well (westway)....No complaints, and it is nice spot. Gas across the road, timmies right there, beer just up the road and nice restaurant just down the road with good food...plus the sled dealer too!

35 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

Wasaga past 24 hrs is a good 6" new snow, with les kicking in later today.  Too bad this mornings forecast has taken another shit, err piss, for next week. 

I see that too. Hopefully the cold sets in after that. Or I could see it being the same all winter south of North Bay with a few cold days then a fucking warm up and rain. 

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

I see that too. Hopefully the cold sets in after that. Or I could see it being the same all winter south of North Bay with a few cold days then a fucking warm up and rain. 

NOOOO, don't say that..

Just a little bit north the nights start to get cold after Tues little warmup.....-20ish for Dorset area.

14 minutes ago, Stoney said:

NOOOO, don't say that..

Just a little bit north the nights start to get cold after Tues little warmup.....-20ish for Dorset area.

Owning a cabin makes me care less what happens here. But it would sure be nice if the lake froze this season. 

8 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Owning a cabin makes me care less what happens here. But it would sure be nice if the lake froze this season. 

I normally don't ride much around here anyways, not like I used too, so not a huge loss, but I'm hoping to get my daughter out this year for her first time and rather be able to toot around Simcoe vs driving any distance to ride.

Even last year you had to go a fair distance for decent snow.

Now that the kids are getting older the desire to have a cottage has increased....perhaps something in the near future, and prices adjust some more.

Anyone wanting to head to Cochrane and stay at or have reservations for the NAI here is some info I seen on the O.C.

Just a heads up for anyone that may have booked at the NAI this weekend...**** has asked me to put a post up here, I just got off the phone with him, he just arrived in Cochrane.  There has been a disagreement between the new "owners" (who were buying it from the current owner that lives in Sudbury) and the aforementioned current owner, and they have left the premises.  The current owner is on his way from Sudbury, but they aren't sure what will be available (probably no restaurant).  The heated garage is also apparently not available.  The whole situation doesn't sound very positive.

**** was able to cancel our reservations, and found us accommodations at the Thriftlodge in town.  I understand the Westway is also a good spot to stay.

Just a heads up...Hate to see anyone drive all that distance to walk into a s***show.  **** I owe you a cold brewski my friend!

6 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Anyone wanting to head to Cochrane and stay at or have reservations for the NAI here is some info I seen on the O.C.

Just a heads up for anyone that may have booked at the NAI this weekend...**** has asked me to put a post up here, I just got off the phone with him, he just arrived in Cochrane.  There has been a disagreement between the new "owners" (who were buying it from the current owner that lives in Sudbury) and the aforementioned current owner, and they have left the premises.  The current owner is on his way from Sudbury, but they aren't sure what will be available (probably no restaurant).  The heated garage is also apparently not available.  The whole situation doesn't sound very positive.

**** was able to cancel our reservations, and found us accommodations at the Thriftlodge in town.  I understand the Westway is also a good spot to stay.

Just a heads up...Hate to see anyone drive all that distance to walk into a s***show.  **** I owe you a cold brewski my friend!

Good thing you found out! 

Not that I am going, but thanks for sharing that info as I believe a couple buds of mine are heading up shortly in the new year.

1 minute ago, irv said:

Good thing you found out! 

Not that I am going, but thanks for sharing that info as I believe a couple buds of mine are heading up shortly in the new year.

I'm good I booked at the Westway. No way I'm giving that place a dime. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Reevester said:

I see it too and I hope that doesn't happen again this season. I just finished stocking our clubhouse with $1000 worth of groceries.....lol...I thought for sure we'd be good by now. It looked so promising 2 weeks ago when I went shopping.

Plus 6 on Tuesday and 10-15 mm of rain again. :thumbdown:

56 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I see it too and I hope that doesn't happen again this season. I just finished stocking our clubhouse with $1000 worth of groceries.....lol...I thought for sure we'd be good by now. It looked so promising 2 weeks ago when I went shopping.

Plus 6 on Tuesday and 10-15 mm of rain again. :thumbdown:

Sucks big time. Hopefully that will be the last warm up.