Check your account email address ×

Winter 2017

17 hours ago, Blackstar said:

My buddy just picked up a 16 Limited with the QS3's. I need to get out to his place and ride it.....lol...or maybe I shouldn't.

I rode an 8000 with QS3's on Sunday, you would not be disappointed until you got back on the LXR and found some real whoops. Pretty slick adjustment on the QS3's that make a real difference.

Agree on the coil overs being far better than floats for anything short of a full on off trail sled.

37 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

TWN now says 8 degrees and 10 mm of rain for Waterloo. Up 2 degrees from yesterday's forecast.  :thumbdown:

We are going to pound some miles in 5 and 9 on Friday before the weekend and warm up.

Stakes are all in. We need more snow west of hwy4, bur east of hwy 4 is rather amazing for December.

Trail north of Blyth still closed and gone from map from Blyth clubhouse north to Wingham. The asshats have not helped the situation as some rows of new planted trees were mowed down by sleds along side of the trail....

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

TWN now says 8 degrees and 10 mm of rain for Waterloo. Up 2 degrees from yesterday's forecast.  :thumbdown:

Yep, just looked myself.....5 more days before the 26th, so we should be closer to 15 by the time the 26th gets here :flush:

At least the drive back from Sauble beach on boxing day should be nice....

I am hoping to get out tomorrow or Friday, (Time permitting?) to get a shakedown/pre-warm up ride in.

The weather for Monday sucks, at this point, and I'm sure it will hurt my local trails significantly! :cry:

Just got in from a 115 km trip. Started out at a friends place on the Wasaga water front and did a loop down through New Lowell. Got the itch scratched and had a great time. Tip of the helmet to all of the volunteers that make the trails possible. Conditions, especially for this time of the year ranged from pretty good to really good.

43 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Same chassis, different motor.....so what is better, or worse?

The weight up front. Less effort in the corner. Coming out of the corner.  The ski lift and pull. The fact it has a longer stronger power band. Gas and oil is worse lol.

10 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I was thinking of going for a ride Friday afternoon and again Sat morning  but if we don't get any snow it'll be futile. 

She's getting real thin with the traffic  and the sun was hot today. Roads are pretty well pooched.

7 minutes ago, Reevester said:

She's getting real thin with the traffic  and the sun was hot today. Roads are pretty well pooched.

We were out Sat and very little traffic. We stopped for lunch and on the way back trails were beat up and plenty of sleds. We managed 140 kms . They're going nonstop at the moment on the trail behind the house

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Reevester said:

The roads are bad just with the sun the last couple of days. I'm hoping to ride Friday as Thursday evening is colder and Fridays high is -3. Saturday they will be toast. I'm betting the trails will be crowded on Friday.

9 minutes ago, Reevester said:

The weight up front. Less effort in the corner. Coming out of the corner.  The ski lift and pull. The fact it has a longer stronger power band. Gas and oil is worse lol.

Sounds like your fun factor has gone up and all its cost you is some gas mileage.

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The roads are bad just with the sun the last couple of days. I'm hoping to ride Friday as Thursday evening is colder and Fridays high is -3. Saturday they will be toast. I'm betting the trails will be crowded on Friday.

Sounds like your fun factor has gone up and all its cost you is some gas mileage.

You know how it was :lol:

:bc:

Just now, Reevester said:

You know how it was :lol:

:bc:

The Yami triple is boring as fuck IMO but there are plenty who came its competitive with 800's and pulls hard corner to corner. 

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The Yami triple is boring as fuck IMO but there are plenty who came its competitive with 800's and pulls hard corner to corner. 

The 7000 pulled hard to about 60. There's a ton of throttle left to mash after 60 on this thing. 

48 minutes ago, Reevester said:

33 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Exactly....back to the fun 2-smoke!

When I bought my current sled, I toy'd with the idea of a 4-stroke, just could not get over the weight sitting out front....having to move it around, pull it out of the rubarb when I pull a RR and cornering.

13 minutes ago, Reevester said:

The 7000 pulled hard to about 60. There's a ton of throttle left to mash after 60 on this thing. 

The 800 pulls like a freight train to 80/90ish.....and so smooth!

11 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Exactly....back to the fun 2-smoke!

When I bought my current sled, I toy'd with the idea of a 4-stroke, just could not get over the weight sitting out front....having to move it around, pull it out of the rubarb when I pull a RR and cornering.

The 800 pulls like a freight train to 80/90ish.....and so smooth!

It's so addicting. Planning a ride Friday now too. Hopefully we get some snow and it cools of tomorrow night like Blackstar said. 

29 minutes ago, Reevester said:

And then at 60 most 600's pull away from it.

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

And then at 60 most 600's pull away from it.

Yeah it sure falls flat. Would cruise all day at 70-80 but was just nothing going left in it. I hated how hot it would get in the right foot well with the oil reservoir and exhaust there. Was good to me though and I hope it serves my buddy good for his first newer sled.