Check your account email address ×

Winter 2017

59 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Same in Barrie, not snowing last night at 10pm. I get up at 430 and there was about 12 inches of fresh. Driving down the 400 nothing south of Mapleview.

Nice, ya twn forecasted a wind shift to the nw for last night a few days ago, but changed it to west yesterday.  I didn't bother looking at any of my usual sources, and was caught off guard this morn.  Sure wish I could take a sick of work day today,  I'll just have to settle for a post work local rip tonight.  

54 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

Anyone been up around Dorset?  Thinking of heading that way this weekend but it doesn't show that much is open

I have not, however they received some new snow yesterday after the milder temps the other day. I suspect the OFSC map will change a fair amount as the week comes to a close with the new snow falling.

1 hour ago, TheOtherDoonut said:

Bracebridge this morning. With plenty more to come!

WhatsApp Image 2017-01-05 at 9.24.10 AM.jpeg

Looks real pretty!

Too bad that entire area is still Red on the map.....I am sure there are trails that can ran and much needed packing though.

10 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Looks real pretty!

Too bad that entire area is still Red on the map.....I am sure there are trails that can ran and much needed packing though.

The big problem is there isn't any frost in the ground, lots of wet spots, muck and bog under all of that insulating snow.

Just now, 02sled said:

The big problem is there isn't any frost in the ground, lots of wet spots, muck and bog under all of that insulating snow.

Agreed, hence the much needed packing comment.

18 minutes ago, smokin george said:

It was a crazy drive this morning from Fenelon to around Beaverton with the drifts and whiteouts

Left Fenelon Falls yesterday headed home to Parry Sound.

Glenarm Rd was a skating rink the whole way.

12 wasn't much better, sideways a few times after a gust of wind-fun times.

400 was a total whiteout from Pt Severn to Parry Sound, was glad to get home!

Travel time was roughly double what it usually takes me.

If I didn't have to attend a funeral i would've stay home, but it was important to pay my respects.

Drive safe, she's nasty out there again today! 

56 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I have not, however they received some new snow yesterday after the milder temps the other day. I suspect the OFSC map will change a fair amount as the week comes to a close with the new snow falling.

We have a shit ton snow by the looks of the camera's at our cottage. Just don't want to drive up there to ride the D101b all day lol