Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I wrench on sleds all year every year momo , you have proven what you know........nada

And destroyed more than anyone on the site no doubt :flush: 

Just now, Doos said:

Nice! My wife likes her meat well done, hence the reason she doesn't care for me.

I like beef on the rare side, Nicole likes medium rare. I usually cook hers an extras 3 or 4 minutes.

• Platinum Contributing Member

The beef got to 195 and I threw it in a cooler. Cut it up tonight and its actually pretty good. Very tender. I sliced it up thin and made sandwiches.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dz246 said:

Turn it into pepper stout beef tomorrow....

Had to look that up. I have more of this crap beef so I may try that.

Cooking for my In Laws at their house Sunday . They have a 22" Weber. (A real grill) going to do two whole chickens,and two racks of ribs. Looking to do about a two hour cook time. Room on the grill will be tight. Anybody ever use those rib racks,to save some room?

12 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Cooking for my In Laws at their house Sunday . They have a 22" Weber. (A real grill) going to do two whole chickens,and two racks of ribs. Looking to do about a two hour cook time. Room on the grill will be tight. Anybody ever use those rib racks,to save some room?

I was going to get one last summer when I wanted to do 3 racks of ribs, but couldn't find one locally.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Yea, they definitely save room, a bit difficult to sauce evenly though

WP_20130902_016.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Yea, they definitely save room, a bit difficult to sauce evenly though

WP_20130902_016.jpg

ribs shouldn;t get sauced anyway unless you add some during the eating,  dry rub FTW

the rib rack works good i have the small traeger and it's the only way i can do a families worth as we need at least 3 and a half racks.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

ribs shouldn;t get sauced anyway unless you add some during the eating,  dry rub FTW

the rib rack works good i have the small traeger and it's the only way i can do a families worth as we need at least 3 and a half racks.  

I sauce the last 45min or so,..the sauce I use is thin, not thick like a kc masterpiece or something 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Dry rubs are good, but so is a good sauce on ribs 

16 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I sauce the last 45min or so,..the sauce I use is thin, not thick like a kc masterpiece or something 

Sweet Baby Ray's or my mom's home made sauce is the only thing I'll use.   Put some Ray's in a bowl and add a tiny bit of water to it.  Pop it in the microwave fir a few and warm it up and it spreads much easier 

15 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Dry rubs are good, but so is a good sauce on ribs 

Sweet Baby Ray's or my mom's home made sauce is the only thing I'll use.   Put some Ray's in a bowl and add a tiny bit of water to it.  Pop it in the microwave fir a few and warm it up and it spreads much easier 

I use sauce from 2 local bbq places, Dinosaur bbq or Limp Lizard bbq 

4 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

if i sauce it's usually for the wife and daughter and i throw them on the propane for that.  

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Looks like I'll be BBQ'ing in the rain on Sunday. The mother in law has requested smoked St Louis Ribs for her mothers day dinner.

Pull yourself together,you will be ok. Wear one of those flasher style rain coats and post pics.:bbq2:

• Like 1

Just now, Woodtick said:

Pull yourself together,you will be ok. Wear one of those flasher style rain coats and post pics.:bbq2:

But I'm like sugar, I'll melt in the rain :lol: