Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

I use Royal Oak Lump when I can, but the Kingsford works better for the snake method for the longer cooks.

Maybe try Fogo lump, burns a bit slower. And has a better flavor. 

Costs more per lb but not too bad. Can buy a 35lb bag for $50 with free shipping.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I gotta get a new smoke box...mine is toast.  Not sure if I'm gonna buy a little one and retrofit or re-rig mine (again).  I don't know how may hundreds of pound I've put through my smoker over the last 5-6 years....but it's paid it's way and been a good soldier.  I just don't want to put it down yet and have to learn another one's little intricacies.  I've got mine down to a science.

I hear you,..I had to pick up a different brand of lump coal today,..just a different brand fucked me all up..I want to get a Weber bullet,  but not looking forward to the learning curve,..took me 2 years to figure out the Brinkman bullet..

Enjoy the day with your family bro!! My kiddos are begging me to go destroy the yard with the wheelers.. 😤😤😤

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I hear you,..I had to pick up a different brand of lump coal today,..just a different brand fucked me all up..I want to get a Weber bullet,  but not looking forward to the learning curve,..took me 2 years to figure out the Brinkman bullet..

Enjoy the day with your family bro!! My kiddos are begging me to go destroy the yard with the wheelers.. 😤😤😤

:bc:

9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Weber Bullets are awesome, buddy of mine makes some amazing stuff with his. Best chicken I've ever had was off the Weber.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Let's get the Party started - 3 large sirloins and hamburgers on the GMG:

IMG_0681.JPG

Is that sunshine I see on that grill? Rain here today :(

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

Is that sunshine I see on that grill? Rain here today :(

It's been a combination of sunny and overcast here today. 

• Like 1

The sun disappeared but the steaks are done.  I have to start one a little earlier as there are two ladies in the house who prefer shoe leather to medium rare.  

Close to 5 lbs of sirloin 👍

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

It's been a combination of sunny and overcast here today. 

We had a great weekend up until this morning.

Just now, SnowRider said:

The sun disappeared but the steaks are done.  I have to start one a little earlier as there are two ladies in the house who prefer shoe leather to medium rare.  

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

I love the flavor of a good sirloin. Nicole prefers here's on the shoe leather side of things too :lol:

36 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

tin foil on the fucker too wtf

Always use foil on a pellet grill unless you like to scrub it every time. 

Just now, SnowRider said:

Always use foil on a pellet grill unless you like to scrub it every time. 

Are you one of those pellet grill snobs like one of our former members :lol:

37 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

tin foil on the fucker too wtf

And that pretty much sums it up..smh.. @SnowRider let those juices drip..flavor man,.flavor!!

Enjoy the day  with the family though! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ckf said:

We had a great weekend up until this morning.

I love the flavor of a good sirloin. Nicole prefers here's on the shoe leather side of things too :lol:

Same here.  Even when Beef is well done on the pellet grill - the ladies were complaining it wasn't done enough because of the color even though way too much of the juice and tenderness was cooked out of it.  The boys and I like it medium rare.  So I finally said screw if - crank it up to 500 and let theirs cook for about 10-15 minutes before I put ours on.  Works out well - they are happy and love their steaks and ours are done the way they should be 👍 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

And that pretty much sums it up..smh.. @SnowRider let those juices drip..flavor man,.flavor!!

Enjoy the day  with the family though! 

Are you familiar with a pellet grill?  SMH :bashhead:

48 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

anything more than med rare is fucking ruined WTF, my wife has to have hers "extra dead" too

6 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Do you guys do anything special to sirloin or just season and grill?

I season with Lowry's and pepper.  Let the steaks sit out for awhile - crank the pellet grill to 500.  Grill to your liking.  I'm no pro but people like my steaks.  The key is buying decent steaks thst hsve st least been aged for a bit. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Do you guys do anything special to sirloin or just season and grill?

One of the few steaks where it makes sense to marinate. Lee & Parrins is a good one.

Cook it hot and fast.