Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

9 minutes ago, Doos said:

One of the few steaks where it makes sense to marinate. Lee & Parrins is a good one.

Cook it hot and fast.

that's what I like about the infra-red grill, it's awesome for steaks, chops but it's bitch to do chicken do to the searing effect

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I season with Lowry's and pepper.  Let the steaks sit out for awhile - crank the pellet grill to 500.  Grill to your liking.  I'm no pro but people like my steaks.  The key is buying decent steaks thst hsve st least been aged for a bit. 

11 minutes ago, Doos said:

One of the few steaks where it makes sense to marinate. Lee & Parrins is a good one.

Cook it hot and fast.

3 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

lowery's galic and herb or classic steakhouse, marinade for 3-4 hours and let it go

Thanks Gents....I was thinking marinade as well but that is usually taboo around here. :lol:

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

Thanks Gents....I was thinking marinade as well but that is usually taboo around here. :lol:

key is to fucking hide what you are marinading..............works for me:bc:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I always marinate steak tips. The local butcher has some very tasty maple bourbon steak tips.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

Always use foil on a pellet grill unless you like to scrub it every time. 

I stopped foiling mine. Pull it out, 4-5 passes with a stiff putty knife and reinstall. 

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Are you one of those pellet grill snobs like one of our former members :lol:

I own 2 of them. There both overpriced made in china junk. But put out decent food:lol:

Could spend $1000+ on a made in America, Yoder, Sawtooth, Mak, Blazn, or a Smokin Brothers. Probably a few im forgetting.

Edited by dz246

5 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

How long on indirect heat and then how long on direct? 

Looks delicious!

I was having issues with the charcoal so I direct heated the the last 20 mins, total cook time 1.75hrs, used Stearns Bbq sauce which is a "firemans" type sauce

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

I was having issues with the charcoal so I direct heated the the last 20 mins, total cook time 1.75hrs, used Stearns Bbq sauce which is a "firemans" type sauce

TY my good man! :bc:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

TY my good man! :bc:

:bc: I don't know if you have a "firemans" type sauce in your area or if it is something local here but it's a vinagar based sauce/marinade, google Salamanca State Fair sauce to get the idea

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

:bc: I don't know if you have a "firemans" type sauce in your area or if it is something local here but it's a vinagar based sauce/marinade, google Salamanca State Fair sauce to get the idea

Will do!

picked up some pork tenderloins to do tonight but the kids are off so with the wife and I around I just dry rubbed them and put them in the fridge and will do them tomorrow in the pellet grill if i can sneak out early otherwise i'll toss them on the weber.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Is this the stuff?

IMG_2974.JPG.f4295f214aa8ad868c28dc1e737d4fc7.JPG

yes that is, I did not use that this time around but use both all the time, the spiedie sauce is awesome for shish ka bobs and I have marinated steaks with excellant results

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

yes that is, I did not use that this time around but use both all the time, the spiedie sauce is awesome for shish ka bobs and I have marinated steaks with excellant results

I'm going to order some...thanks for the info! :bc:

I  marinade the chicken overnight, it says discard what left of what you marinaded chicken in after you put chicken on grill but I will brush it on at each flip of the chicken

30 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Is this the stuff?

IMG_2974.JPG.f4295f214aa8ad868c28dc1e737d4fc7.JPG

24hrs of boneless skinless thighs in the spiedie sauce homie..grill for 10min each side,..chop and toss in a salad..:bc:

• Like 2